Just One Dog

There are a slew of rescue and adoption videos made every year, and as much as we appreciate many of them, few will hold a candle to this touching tribute to one dog and the people who saved him.It is one of the most touching dog rescue videos of recent memory. Devastating, powerful, inspirational and heartwarming, this is a video worth sharing with those who truly understand.

Need a bigger happy ending? Go here for the rest of the story.

• August 3, 2010 12:29 amPosted 4 years ago
    24 Paws of Love

thank you for sharing this video. I could barely watch it through my tears. And I’m so grateful it had a happy ending. How many out there don’t? So great to see Stanley happy and taken care of. Wonderful story.

• August 3, 2010 3:33 amPosted 4 years ago
    anny

oh why do you make me cry each time i come here.

Thumb up 1 Thumb down 0

• August 3, 2010 5:22 amPosted 4 years ago
    Ruth

That was beautfully sad – I cried! That was a wonderful story!

• August 3, 2010 5:42 amPosted 4 years ago
    Maggie and Mitch

What a wonderful story. Please tell mom again why she even bothers to put mascara on in the morning! Such a waste!
    Yeaaaaaaaaaaaa, Stanley!

Love ya lots,
    Maggie and Mitch

August 3, 2010 6:18 amPosted 4 years ago
    Sam

Definately a tissue moment. I wonder how Stanley is today?

Sam

October 18, 2012 1:20 amPosted 1 year ago
      Anonymous

Stanley is living with an absolutely wonderful family now in BC Canada and is extremely healthy and happy..Thank u to all who helped to make Stanley’s life so much better!! Angels smile on u all!!

Thumb up 1 Thumb down 0

• August 3, 2010 6:38 amPosted 4 years ago
    Lola

It’s wonderful about Stanley, but it sure makes you leaking and leaves you thinking about all the doggies that don’t get saved, too.

wags, Lola

• August 3, 2010 8:01 amPosted 4 years ago
    The OP Pack

Powerful stuff. We try to do our part by donating to help the less fortunate pups out there. We hope Stanley has now found a wonderful forever home.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

• August 3, 2010 8:17 amPosted 4 years ago
    Houndstooth

Oh sheesh! Now I’m a mess before I have to go to work! What a great video!

August 3, 2010 8:46 amPosted 4 years ago
    Caroline

I’ve watched this video with tears … what a nice story !

August 3, 2010 8:49 amPosted 4 years ago
    kathey

I started crying and almost could not see the video. I am so glad he got a second chance. All he needs is love.

August 3, 2010 8:59 amPosted 4 years ago
    vickie miller gabourie

i just love this good boy! what a strong lil guy.i hope & pray hes ok now & living a wonderfully joyous life! please let us all know how hes doing (pic to please,love to see that beautiful face again! :0)p) ~~~

• August 3, 2010 9:05 amPosted 4 years ago
    Madi and Mom

Oh my word….what a story of FORGIVENESS. If only we humans would pay attention we’d learn all about unconditional love and trust from our pets
    Madi and MOm

• August 3, 2010 9:08 amPosted 4 years ago
    Jenn

Ahhhhhhh. Like everyone else I am crying my eyes out. We lost our dog Billy in December of last year and have been waiting to adopt a new one but this makes me feel like I need to run out immediately and do so. We will of course be adopting from a shelter or rescue. I’m so glad Stanley had a happy ending, poor baby.

• August 3, 2010 9:34 amPosted 4 years ago
    Monica

Thank you so much for posting this. Made me cry, and then thankfully smile through my tears at the end.

Thumb up 1 Thumb down 0

• August 3, 2010 9:47 amPosted 4 years ago
    Two Little Cavaliers

Thanks for sharing. This is a video that should get shared over and over again. Thank you for bringing it back to the top of the list.

• August 3, 2010 10:23 amPosted 4 years ago
    Brian

Wow, that’s a good one fur sure, weepy wet whiskers everywhere!

• August 3, 2010 10:44 amPosted 4 years ago
    Cheryl, Indiana, Shingo and Molly

Just wonderful video!! It made our Moms’ eyes leak!!

Woofs and Kisses!
    The Fiesty Three

• August 3, 2010 11:19 amPosted 4 years ago
    Robin

Crapola!!! And I was in a hurry this morning…..
    What a fine story!
    Now I have to go redo my make-up…….

• August 3, 2010 12:13 pmPosted 4 years ago
    The Daily Tail - Daniela Caride

That’s the most wonderful video ever. And here’s the latest update I have on Stanley: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pENdCcvr8uQ&feature=player_embedded

Does anybody know anything else about him?

August 3, 2010 12:30 pmPosted 4 years ago
    Budrow Wilson

brings tears to my eyes every time I see this one!

• August 3, 2010 1:21 pmPosted 4 years ago
    The Luke

What a story… I am very touched and fank you for sharin it. It has also given the appearance that the Mom should probably take a mental healf day, on a counta the eye leakiness and the snoother sniffles!

Just sayin.

Wif love from the Luke

August 3, 2010 1:49 pmPosted 4 years ago
    Kat

Tear-jerker. Thanks for the follow up story on Stanley, Daniela – he looks so happy!

• August 3, 2010 3:02 pmPosted 4 years ago
    Oz Girl

I’m a blubbery mess today… started crying at work this morning when a cattle hauler went through the lane next to mine, filled with horses… as you may or may not realize, it is barbaric to haul horses in them (they were going to slaughter in Mexico, which is another issue)… there are petitions to stop this practice, hauling them in double deckers not meant for horses. I couldn’t stop the tears in my eyes… it gets my heart racing and I can’t concentrate.

I’m so, so happy that Stanley’s story had a different ending. Would that I could save all the animals that live short, painful, tortured lives. It is just so very wrong, and how humans can be so utterly mean to any animal is beyond me… well, those humans deserve their own parallel end, don’t they?

Thumb up 1 Thumb down 0

• August 3, 2010 3:04 pmPosted 4 years ago
    Shelley @ Green Eggs & Hamlet

What a wonderful story. So glad Stanley was saved from the shelter, adopted by a rescue, and given a foster home. I’m sure by now he has a new forever home and hopefully the thousands of people who were interested in adopting him rescued other dogs so more were saved. Thank goodness for animal rescue.

• August 3, 2010 4:53 pmPosted 4 years ago
    Beryl's Mum

Happy tears are a great way to start the day:-) Looking forward to seeing more follow ups about Stanley and here’s hoping many more dogs find their forever homes because of this video.

Thumb up 1 Thumb down 0

• August 3, 2010 5:27 pmPosted 4 years ago
    Shauna (Fido & Wino | R.O.A.R. Squad)

tears and tears and tears…

• August 3, 2010 6:44 pmPosted 4 years ago
    Twinkie

One dog at a time!!! How did we go from a funny beer party to this? Because anything is possible on Life With Dogs. Thank you for the video share and the spread of awareness again.
    Twinkie

• August 3, 2010 6:59 pmPosted 4 years ago
    MelF

I saw this video earlier this year and cried my eyes out. It was so heartwarming to see Stanley saved. What haunted me was not knowing what happened to him. Thank you so much for finding the rest of Stanley’s story!!!!

• August 3, 2010 7:01 pmPosted 4 years ago
    Scout 'n Freyja

Well, you got our momma all sobbing and bawling! We are all rescues and our momma wishes she has millions and billions of dollars because she would empty each and every shelter on earth and spay and neuter alla’ the dogs and cats that need it and then she would sit back and smile – lots!

August 3, 2010 7:30 pmPosted 4 years ago
    rocky

Kinda make u think about Shelby, the pittie girl that The Pittie Pack and Mona and the Mommy are helping now…Just one dog at a time!!!

b safe,
    Rocky and mama!!

Thumb up 0 Thumb down 1

• August 3, 2010 8:26 pmPosted 4 years ago
    Ronda

Oh my Lordy, why do you do this to me?? And the music didn’t help either!! O.k. Now I expect you to track down the follow-up to Stanley for us! Happy ending, and I hope he is doing better. This was indeed a very touching story.
    XOXO

August 3, 2010 11:10 pmPosted 4 years ago
    Ted

THNAK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please keep me informed on Stanley!

Thumb up 1 Thumb down 0

August 4, 2010 12:56 amPosted 4 years ago
    Nancy

God is good, and moves in mysterious ways! I sat and cried through this. Thank you to everyone who did that one thing and gave Stanley a new life!

• August 4, 2010 5:13 amPosted 4 years ago
    Chester's Mom

I can’t say anything more than what’s been said already, although it did make my first dog transport mean all that much more to me. Every little bit of good we do, offsets the bad in this world just a little bit more.
    Thank you.

• August 4, 2010 8:37 amPosted 4 years ago
    Tuffy

thank you for sharing. Thank you too animal rescuers for saving those precious dogs.

August 4, 2010 9:39 amPosted 4 years ago
    Ben

this is the best video ive seen in awhile.. it made me smile to see how many people helped this dog out and gave him a home.. its great to see that alot of people donated to get this dog some vet care.. watching this video made my day

• August 4, 2010 10:31 pmPosted 4 years ago
    mayziegal

Me and my mom never gets tired of seeing that movie. We follow Stanley on Facebook now and he’s so healthy and happy living with his new family who luvs him very, very much.

I wish everydoggie could haves the same happy ending!

Wiggles & Wags,
    Mayzie

August 8, 2010 6:12 pmPosted 4 years ago
    Holly

I was going to change my name to Stanley…but now that I know I can be special as a Holly, I think I’ll just keep that name. Buggers, thanks for running the rest of the story so we can see how it all turns out.

You’re the best. If you tell anyone I said that, I’ll lie and deny it.

October 27, 2010 2:38 pmPosted 3 years ago
    angel

that was so heart breaking im so glad that he had a happy ending

October 27, 2010 2:47 pmPosted 3 years ago
    mattie

that meant so much to me and it lets me know what type of people are in this world thank you animal rescue for saving them poor babies they really dont deserve it and it makes me so upset to see that that stuff is really out there who in their right mind would do that. we are so thankful for animal rescue. thank you guys and kepp them animals safe if i had money i would donate every dime to help animals like stanley im so glad that he had a good home and lives with people that love him. he deserves it with what hes been through and i hope that hes happy which he probably is again thank you animal rescue.

November 30, 2010 9:41 pmPosted 3 years ago
    pasomystic

The rest of the story–check out Stanley and the rescue who helped him find his forever home.

• November 30, 2010 10:12 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Madredhare

I have seen this one before, but it is a heartwarming story. Never a dry eye when I watch this one.

December 2, 2010 2:52 amPosted 3 years ago