Just One Dog

There are a slew of rescue and adoption videos made every year, and as much as we appreciate many of them, few will hold a candle to this touching tribute to one dog and the people who saved him.It is one of the most touching dog rescue videos of recent memory. Devastating, powerful, inspirational and heartwarming, this is a video worth sharing with those who truly understand.

Need a bigger happy ending? Go here for the rest of the story.

Comments

1. thank you for sharing this video. I could barely watch it through my tears. And I’m so grateful it had a happy ending. How many out there don’t? So great to see Stanley happy and taken care of. Wonderful story.

2. oh why do you make me cry each time i come here.

3. That was beautfully sad – I cried! That was a wonderful story!

4. What a wonderful story. Please tell mom again why she even bothers to put mascara on in the morning! Such a waste!
    Yeaaaaaaaaaaaa, Stanley!

Love ya lots,
    Maggie and Mitch

5. Definately a tissue moment. I wonder how Stanley is today?

Sam

• Anonymous says on  October 18, 2012 at 1:20 am

Stanley is living with an absolutely wonderful family now in BC Canada and is extremely healthy and happy..Thank u to all who helped to make Stanley’s life so much better!! Angels smile on u all!!

6. It’s wonderful about Stanley, but it sure makes you leaking and leaves you thinking about all the doggies that don’t get saved, too.

wags, Lola

7. Powerful stuff. We try to do our part by donating to help the less fortunate pups out there. We hope Stanley has now found a wonderful forever home.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

8. Oh sheesh! Now I’m a mess before I have to go to work! What a great video!

9. Caroline says on  August 3, 2010 at 8:46 am

I’ve watched this video with tears … what a nice story !

10. kathey says on  August 3, 2010 at 8:49 am

I started crying and almost could not see the video. I am so glad he got a second chance. All he needs is love.

11. vickie miller gabourie says on  August 3, 2010 at 8:59 am

i just love this good boy! what a strong lil guy.i hope & pray hes ok now & living a wonderfully joyous life! please let us all know how hes doing (pic to please,love to see that beautiful face again! :0)p) ~~~

12. Oh my word….what a story of FORGIVENESS. If only we humans would pay attention we’d learn all about unconditional love and trust from our pets
    Madi and MOm

13. Ahhhhhhh. Like everyone else I am crying my eyes out. We lost our dog Billy in December of last year and have been waiting to adopt a new one but this makes me feel like I need to run out immediately and do so. We will of course be adopting from a shelter or rescue. I’m so glad Stanley had a happy ending, poor baby.

14. Thank you so much for posting this. Made me cry, and then thankfully smile through my tears at the end.

15. Thanks for sharing. This is a video that should get shared over and over again. Thank you for bringing it back to the top of the list.

16. Wow, that’s a good one fur sure, weepy wet whiskers everywhere!

17. Just wonderful video!! It made our Moms’ eyes leak!!

Woofs and Kisses!
    The Fiesty Three

18. Crapola!!! And I was in a hurry this morning…..
    What a fine story!
    Now I have to go redo my make-up…….

19. That’s the most wonderful video ever. And here’s the latest update I have on Stanley: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pENdCcvr8uQ&feature=player_embedded

Does anybody know anything else about him?

20. Budrow Wilson says on  August 3, 2010 at 12:30 pm

brings tears to my eyes every time I see this one!

21. What a story… I am very touched and fank you for sharin it. It has also given the appearance that the Mom should probably take a mental healf day, on a counta the eye leakiness and the snoother sniffles!

Just sayin.

Wif love from the Luke

22. Tear-jerker. Thanks for the follow up story on Stanley, Daniela – he looks so happy!

23. I’m a blubbery mess today… started crying at work this morning when a cattle hauler went through the lane next to mine, filled with horses… as you may or may not realize, it is barbaric to haul horses in them (they were going to slaughter in Mexico, which is another issue)… there are petitions to stop this practice, hauling them in double deckers not meant for horses. I couldn’t stop the tears in my eyes… it gets my heart racing and I can’t concentrate.

I’m so, so happy that Stanley’s story had a different ending. Would that I could save all the animals that live short, painful, tortured lives. It is just so very wrong, and how humans can be so utterly mean to any animal is beyond me… well, those humans deserve their own parallel end, don’t they?

24. What a wonderful story. So glad Stanley was saved from the shelter, adopted by a rescue, and given a foster home. I’m sure by now he has a new forever home and hopefully the thousands of people who were interested in adopting him rescued other dogs so more were saved. Thank goodness for animal rescue.

25. Happy tears are a great way to start the day:-) Looking forward to seeing more follow ups about Stanley and here’s hoping many more dogs find their forever homes because of this video.

26. tears and tears and tears…

27. One dog at a time!!! How did we go from a funny beer party to this? Because anything is possible on Life With Dogs. Thank you for the video share and the spread of awareness again.
    Twinkie

28. I saw this video earlier this year and cried my eyes out. It was so heartwarming to see Stanley saved. What haunted me was not knowing what happened to him. Thank you so much for finding the rest of Stanley’s story!!!!

29. Well, you got our momma all sobbing and bawling! We are all rescues and our momma wishes she has millions and billions of dollars because she would empty each and every shelter on earth and spay and neuter alla’ the dogs and cats that need it and then she would sit back and smile – lots!

30. rocky says on  August 3, 2010 at 7:30 pm

Kinda make u think about Shelby, the pittie girl that The Pittie Pack and Mona and the Mommy are helping now…Just one dog at a time!!!

b safe,
    Rocky and mama!!

31. Oh my Lordy, why do you do this to me?? And the music didn’t help either!! O.k. Now I expect you to track down the follow-up to Stanley for us! Happy ending, and I hope he is doing better. This was indeed a very touching story.
    XOXO

32. THNAK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please keep me informed on Stanley!

33. God is good, and moves in mysterious ways! I sat and cried through this. Thank you to everyone who did that one thing and gave Stanley a new life!

34. I can’t say anything more than what’s been said already, although it did make my first dog transport mean all that much more to me. Every little bit of good we do, offsets the bad in this world just a little bit more.
    Thank you.

35. thank you for sharing. Thank you too animal rescuers for saving those precious dogs.

36. this is the best video ive seen in awhile.. it made me smile to see how many people helped this dog out and gave him a home.. its great to see that alot of people donated to get this dog some vet care.. watching this video made my day

37. Me and my mom never gets tired of seeing that movie. We follow Stanley on Facebook now and he’s so healthy and happy living with his new family who luvs him very, very much.

I wish everydoggie could haves the same happy ending!

Wiggles & Wags,
    Mayzie

38. Holly says on  August 8, 2010 at 6:12 pm

I was going to change my name to Stanley…but now that I know I can be special as a Holly, I think I’ll just keep that name. Buggers, thanks for running the rest of the story so we can see how it all turns out.

You’re the best. If you tell anyone I said that, I’ll lie and deny it.

39. that was so heart breaking im so glad that he had a happy ending

40. mattie says on  October 27, 2010 at 2:47 pm

that meant so much to me and it lets me know what type of people are in this world thank you animal rescue for saving them poor babies they really dont deserve it and it makes me so upset to see that that stuff is really out there who in their right mind would do that. we are so thankful for animal rescue. thank you guys and kepp them animals safe if i had money i would donate every dime to help animals like stanley im so glad that he had a good home and lives with people that love him. he deserves it with what hes been through and i hope that hes happy which he probably is again thank you animal rescue.

41. pasomystic says on  November 30, 2010 at 9:41 pm

The rest of the story–check out Stanley and the rescue who helped him find his forever home.

42. I have seen this one before, but it is a heartwarming story. Never a dry eye when I watch this one.

43. Anonymous says on  December 2, 2010 at 2:52 am

OMG! so heart warming!

44. Despina M. Andrelus says on  January 1, 2015 at 2:06 am

I’ve had my share of pitbulls and can honestly say that they are – by far – some of the most loving souls I’ve ever had the pleasure of sharing my life with. It’s no wonder they were called “The Nanny Dog”, being a most beloved dog in England and the United States, left to protect children, back in the day – and WWII War Dogs, when we were smart enough to see the heroes within them. The amount of people they saved – and continue to save today! – is astounding… They were even given medals! On the rare occasion you will find someone willing to post from the many accounts of current day pitbull heroes saving lives, not just in war, but amongst the general masses; but what man has done – and continues to do – to exploit this incredible breed is horrendous. And even with all that has been done to them, the majority of pitbulls still have that amazing capacity to love that simply can’t be bred out of them, as much as so many have tried so hard to do with horrific abuse. Of course, you rarely hear about their capacity to love nowadays – even though they continue to prove it over and over again. We are a truly sorry lot as we continually strive to destroy and corrupt the beauty in front of us, and then insanely blame the ones broken down for what we have done to them, instead of placing the responsibility exactly where it belongs – on us.

45. Despina M. Andrelus says on  January 1, 2015 at 2:07 am

“A righteous man regards the life of animals” – PROVERBS 12:10; “If you have men who will exclude any of God’s creatures from the shelter of compassion & pity, you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men” – ST. FRANCIS OF ASSISI; “Never, never be afraid to do what’s right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society’s punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way.” – MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR.; “I hope to make people realize how totally helpless animals are, how dependent on us, trusting as a child must that we will be kind and take care of their needs…(They) are an obligation put on us, a responsibility we have no rights to neglect, nor to violate by cruelty….” – JAMES HARRIOT; “The greatness of a nation & its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” – MAHATMA GANDHI

Trackbacks