Flying Squirrels

Two technicalities make it possible for me to share this horrifying carnage:

1. There is a dog in the video.

2. Squirrels are the sworn enemies of dogs, and this one is ready to rumble.

Dogs be on the lookout, this little snack bites back. Humans be warned: there is an f bomb at around 40 seconds or so. Careful with volume at work…

Life With Dogs post end paw print

Comments

1. I hope it’s just a flesh wound!

😉

2. Satan in a cute furry suit.

3. Miserable squirrel..

4. Yikes! We thought you meant actual flying squirrels. We have those things here – the air force of the squirrel world.

5. Oh geez! We have some squirrels that bold around here! As a matter of fact, at a local college, they’ve been known to attack cars. They’re bold little devils!

6. Sarge says on  12/20/2010 at 8:17 am

Wow, that’s the meanest squirrel I’ve ever seen! Obviously this one hasn’t gotten the memo that they are supposed to quake and run for their lives in the presence of a dog. It definitely needs re-training. Luckily for me, I’ve got all of my neighbors properly terrified of my growls and barks. Great video action…thanks for sharing it with us.
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge

7. That was funny…. thanks for my laugh out loud of the day!!! :-)

8. Well, I certainly hope he didn’t catch rabies from that rascal. And that is a good reason for me to keep taking my squirrel photos from inside the house! I am amazed how far our squirrels jump from tree to tree and not via the branches. Ours chased away three huge crows trying to eat their corn yesterday!

9. robert says on  12/20/2010 at 2:53 pm

1-0 to the squirrel

10. Sharon says on  12/20/2010 at 3:01 pm

LMAO!!!

11. hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
    It was even funnier the second time!

12. The OP Pack says on  12/20/2010 at 3:36 pm

Exactly why we just have to GET those evil critters.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

13. Carson says on  12/20/2010 at 4:20 pm

I love squirrels! But this behavior is common among East Coast squirrels. If you look close, she flashes some gang signs before she goes in to beat down this intruder. Obviously, he brought this on himself, as his dog is dressed in the colors of a rival gang, and species nonetheless. When I was in Maryland, I got caught in a squirrel neighborhood, was surrounded, and had to lay down a spray of peanuts in order to escape. For the rest of the week, I was forced to pay protection peanuts in order for safe passage.

14. Surprisingly, my boys don’t seem to care about the squirrels. I have a power pole in my yard and they often hang off that and hollar at my pups but my dogs just ignore them. They also run along the tops of my fence.

The video isn’t loading for me for some reason so I’ll come back to it another time.

15. Zoe would love to get a chance at this squirrel. She wouldn’t know what to do with one that actually goes on the offensive!! Too funny!

16. Karen says on  12/21/2010 at 2:28 am

Well alrighty then! iPhone – 0, squirrel – 1. Squirrel wins nuts down lol!

17. Ryker says on  12/21/2010 at 8:15 am

I watched a squirrel like this one pop out of a snow tunnel and grab a bird and drag it into the tunnel never to be seen again.

18. “Oh look at the little squirrel oh he’s so cute here squirrel squirrel squirrel hey little fella aren’t you AHHHHHH GET IT OFF ME!!!!!”