A Little Bit Softer Now…

Comments

1. Wow!

2. You don’t have to speak Japanese to get this one! Great :)

3. I really want to know!

That is so awesome!

4. Ohhh..he had a cute nose..

5. That is great! I did have one that would lower his bark if I told him to use his “inside voice”.

6. Deepti says on  March 30, 2011 at 11:27 am

whispering ! beyond cute ! beautiful !!! :)

7. I wish I could train my dogs to use their “inside voices ” :)

8. Awesome!

9. AAAAW 😀

10. Kimberley says on  March 30, 2011 at 11:31 am

I want a volume control for my dog!

11. Ah, I love Jindos!! I think I know the next one I’m teaching my pups!

Though Charlie can already distinguish between “bark” and “talk to me”.

12. I think you start with soft barks and work up, I’ve been teaching Jack greyhound to bark when he wants to come indoors (rather than body-slamming the glass door…). Sometimes he barks really quietly and I can’t hear that from the other end of the house. So I’m working on turning up his volume. I get him to bark by saying “woof” (I can explain how to start the training in a separate post if anyone’s interested). If he doesn’t bark loud enough I cue him again with “How about a BIG woof?” and I don’t give him a reward until I get a louder bark. He doesn’t have it all down yet, but when he does he should end up with several different ‘volume settings’ similar to the dog in the video.

• Michelle M. says on  April 1, 2011 at 5:00 pm

And I thought my basset was the only one that bodyslams the door!
      He gets a running start in the hallway, and then BAM!
      Sometimes, he comes right up to me, and then goes in the hallway & starts running.

13. cute

14. Vivian says on  March 30, 2011 at 11:33 am

Too cute!

15. Our Border Collie knows how to whisper. Sometimes a dog does certain things naturally and you can encourage it to the point they’ll do it on command.

16. I actually taught my Duck Toller to do this. Whenever she’d bark, I’d just say “Shhh. Whisper!” and she’d quietly bark. Then I turned that into “Tell me you love me!” and she’d whisper then too. :)

17. Funny

18. :)

19. HA!HA!HA! My Jindo does NOT yet know how to do this, but has the same sweet face as this Shiba Inu. Love, love, love this video!

20. that’s great!!

21. Nicole says on  March 30, 2011 at 11:52 am

So cute!!!!!!!! My old lab Kelsey (RIP) knew she would get in trouble if she continued to bark to get attention. So, she would stand in front of the TV, stare at you and just open her mouth like she was barking but no sound would come out – over and over again. SO SMART!

22. STOP ! Ha Ha! That was awesome! I need to teach my dog that!!!

23. I’d love to know because my dogs start loud and stay there!

24. really funny :) that doggie was silly :) I need to be happy cause its a really bad day today but that movie did it :) THANK YOU :) – jj

25. my dad taught his dogs to whisper buy asking them to speak then when they did he would say shhhh or quietly,when the dog responded he would treat.

26. I knew someone who taught their dog to “whisper”, but she never really barked at all, so it was almost the same as teaching “Speak!”.

27. Geez, and we can’t teach our dog to do anything!

28. Gretchen says on  March 30, 2011 at 12:09 pm

Its called “shaping” and so much fun to do with your furkids! Like us hoomans, dogs do things that are natural to their personality, just reinforce what you want and then put a name to it and presto! you have a fun and silly trick. The more you teach, the more easily they learn!

29. So cute.

30. How can I teach that to my 2 Beagles??? Bloody murder bark bark bark!!

31. OMD! So cute!
    Diane and Cosmo

32. We do this with our chocolate Lab, Dixie (of course, not in Japanese!). We taught her to “whisper” for a cookie. It’s so cute!

33. The OP Pack says on  March 30, 2011 at 2:10 pm

We need a tutorial now:)

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

34. Wow! How do you teach that?

Sam

35. Glenda says on  March 31, 2011 at 1:50 am

My Bearded Collies speak soft on command. I started by teaching them to just speak and then said the word softly “Speak Soft” and rewarded for just a mouth movement and after a few times they caught on to the word “Speak Soft” sometimes they act like they are barking and make no sound at all, it is so cute! My husband added “inside voice” to the speak soft command. Dogs are so amazing!

36. cute! i would love to teach fabian to lower his bark. he barks like a kid’s toy mechanical dog with a faulty speaker. i remind him that he’s a greyhound and shouldn’t bark much to start with. he doesn’t listen.

37. Louise Joyner says on  April 30, 2011 at 4:19 pm

I have watched this video 47,000 times and laughed every single time. This, by far, is the best thing I have ever seen.

38. I love Akita’s!