The Saturday Pet Blogger Hop: I am an Animal Rescuer

I am an Animal Rescuer
My work is never done,
My home is never quiet
My wallet is always empty
But my heart is always full.

This beautifully crafted work from Annette King Tucker is frequently quoted by those who work in rescue, and with good reason – rarely has one so effectively summed up what it means to be fully committed to the betterment of animals.

[divider]

Saturday Pet Blogger Hop

Happy Saturday, and welcome to another installment of the Saturday Pet Blogger Hop! You’ve found the right place to connect with other pet lovers. Whether you are a seasoned blogger, one who loves reading pet blogs, or if you’re just thinking about starting your own blog – there is definitely something here for you. Acquaint yourself and enjoy – this is your resource, so use it as you see fit! Of course, you have to follow the rules, so let’s get to that. Get those links in and have fun.

• Link up your pet blog name and URL using the Linky Tool below. You only need to add your link once to be seen on all the Saturday Pet Blogger Blog Hop Linky Tools for that week. Note that if your blog is not pet related your link will be removed. Also note that only one post per blog is acceptable, and links promoting giveaways that are unrelated to the pet blogger hop will be removed.
  • Grab the “Saturday Pet Blogger Blog Hop” button on the right hand side of this site and include it in your Saturday Blog hop post so that your readers will know what is going on. *Note – posting is optional. Feel free to just link and follow.
  • Follow your co-hosts listed in the first 3 slots of the Linky Tool.
  • Follow as many other blogs on the linky as you’d like.
  • Take a moment to comment on the blogs telling them you’re from the blog hop.
  • Follow back when you get a new follower through the Saturday Pet Blogger Hop.
  • Make friends and grow. ♥

*note – if your blog is hosted on WordPress please use this alternate code that will work without javascript.

• May 28, 2011 12:08 amPosted 3 years ago
    Christina Lee

Some of my shelter friends sent me this video this morning and I was truly honored to be on the receiving list of friends that got this video. Thanks for sharing it with the world. Blessing to all of those folks that rescue animals, even it it is just one. That means there is one less animal suffering one more person being blessed.

• May 28, 2011 12:10 amPosted 3 years ago
    houndstooth

Oh, darn it! Saturday waterworks now, NB? “I have fallen in love a thousand times.” Such true words!

• May 28, 2011 12:12 amPosted 3 years ago
      Life With Dogs (Author)

May 28, 2011 8:04 pmPosted 3 years ago
      Jane Accardo

That was the line that got to me too! yes my heart has been melted by oh so many animals each one unique and so deserving of our love. Tears in my eyes also.

• May 28, 2011 12:22 amPosted 3 years ago
    Kristin G.

So very sweet. xo

• May 28, 2011 1:24 amPosted 3 years ago
    Kim Thomas

Spoken perfectly – “with good reason”…it is the rescuer’s creed! Thanks for sharing it :)

• May 28, 2011 5:45 amPosted 3 years ago
    Pamela

Very poignant to see this video on the same day as an image of a dog who had been shot and buried alive.

On an almost frivolous note, I love the new look of your website.

• May 28, 2011 6:30 amPosted 3 years ago
    The Thundering Herd

Fantastic video. The Herd loves every rescuer that picked us up as a stray, walked us in a shelter, pulled us to a volunteers home, cleaned us, fed us, medicated us when no one else would, and then guided us to Chez Herd. Those involved in rescue are the best and we are thankful they helped us find a forever home.

• May 28, 2011 8:35 amPosted 3 years ago
    Debby and Kirby the Dorkie

This video touched me – it’s why I foster for Homeward Bound. Really an easy thing to do. The hard part? saying goodby to another sweet dogger I have fallen in love with!

• May 28, 2011 8:43 amPosted 3 years ago
    Hawk aka BrownDog

Hi Y’all,

Thanks for hosting another Saturday Hop!

What a wonderful uplifting video. Thank you for sharing.

Y’all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

May 28, 2011 10:21 amPosted 3 years ago
    Benny & Lily

we like this video
    Benny & Lily

• May 28, 2011 10:23 amPosted 3 years ago
    Cherie K. Miller

Loved the video – thanks for sharing it with us today!

Stopping by on today’s blog hop – go see my video today called “The Bad Dog Blues.” Love to have your comments!

May 28, 2011 12:00 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Janice

This is so wonderful. Thank you for sharing, I am going to repost, though it is hard to type when my eyes are full of tears.

May 28, 2011 12:03 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Carol

beautiful,thank you for all the Animal Rescuer’s

• May 28, 2011 12:06 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Teresa

I LOVE THIS. IT SPOKE RIGHT TO MY HEART.

May 28, 2011 12:13 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Olive

Perfect.

May 28, 2011 12:14 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Carol

Thank you for sharing – so heart warming!

• May 28, 2011 12:25 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Michaela

that’s exactly it

• May 28, 2011 12:31 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Leslee

WOW! This says it all!

• May 28, 2011 12:35 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Gigi

“I was born with the need to fulfill their needs”; “I have fallen in love a thousand times”; “I have bought dog food with my last dime”; “I have cried into the fur of lifeless bodies”; My house is never quiet, my wallet is always empty”; “I am an animal rescuer”…These words so reflect my belief, mind, way of thinking. Then WHY is one person judge with whom she associate, what she looks like, who she knows in order to apply such passion? Why am I not participating in rescue, here in Montreal? I am so discouradge and feel so useless…It is an everending sadness. One of the reason I want to relocate…To do what I feel I am suppose to do, why I was put here on this earth. Thank you for this wonderful piece of poetry and art images. For, animals are indeed art in motion…put by God on this earth.

• May 28, 2011 12:38 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Dom

I work in horse rescue professionally, own a pit who was emaciated, covered in fleas, and near death at three weeks old, and foster and rehome cats when I can. This video made me cry. The heart break I see from day to day is worth it for the reward of helping just one animal in need.

• May 28, 2011 12:39 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Karen

shared

May 28, 2011 12:42 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Endra

Heartwarming…this needs to be shared.

• May 28, 2011 12:43 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Kathy

That’s a beautiful video. God bless everyone who works in animal rescue!

• May 28, 2011 12:43 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Kathy

That’s a beautiful video. God bless everyone who works in animal rescue!

May 28, 2011 12:46 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Laurie

So touching and sweet !!!

• May 28, 2011 12:58 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Carrie Boyko

Lots of Spring Cleaning going on here and at other sites. Enjoyed the new look and always find your posts compelling. Keep up the good work.

May 28, 2011 1:39 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Debra

This is the best video I’ve seen! Love it!

• May 28, 2011 1:48 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Larry

so beautiful and touching.

• May 28, 2011 1:48 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Larry

so beautiful and touching.

May 28, 2011 2:19 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Devon

It’s as if someone looked into my heart and truly saw me. I love animal rescue people, they remind me there are good people in the world.

May 28, 2011 3:07 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Barbara

so beautiful

• May 28, 2011 3:15 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Linda

This is such a wonderful tribute, I feel the same in my heart and in what I do everyday just for a purr or wag of a tail, that is all the thanks I need.

May 28, 2011 6:09 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Natasha

I cried. I have rescued a few dogs myself. The words said in this resonated with my belief especially the words when a rescue makes the news it gives me hope for mankind. So very true we can learn a lot just by watching animals especially dogs who give so much and expect so little. Thank you for this beautiful video. We as humans need to learn what life is really about by just watching nature at work.

• May 28, 2011 8:43 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Kim

That was awesome ! The text was brilliant! I’m sharing this w/ all of my animal rescuing friends!!!

May 28, 2011 8:57 pmPosted 3 years ago
    mmttw

I loved how it talked about no animal not being worthy of their time. I have done rescue of some of the “less desirable” animals, and feel the same for them as I do dogs. This video did such a good job of covering how rescuers feel about what they do. I loved it, and I shared it :).

• May 28, 2011 9:39 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Brenda

Beautiful! It reminded me of Tori Steffy…another wonderful rescuer.

May 29, 2011 4:07 amPosted 3 years ago
    Karen

Just when I’m ready to give up because the battle is so overwhelming and my heart is so heavy something happens to shake me up and make me want to fight again….this video is my shake up! Absolutely beautiful…you left nothing out. Those words touch my heart in a way I will never forget. God bless and thank you for the work you do.

• May 29, 2011 6:41 amPosted 3 years ago
    chester

Excellent video to show what rescuers to and why they do it. Tried to share on FB but said it had previously flagged as spam or abusive. WTF???

• May 29, 2011 6:28 pmPosted 3 years ago
      Editor (Author)

A competing dog site or disgruntled fan is clicking on some of our content and marking it as spam. We’re trying to get to the bottom of it, but all you have to to is share the post from the fan page to your wall and it’s just as effective. :)

May 29, 2011 11:40 amPosted 3 years ago
    Noreen

This was such a touching video – it truly warms the heart. I too am an animal rescuer and I am proud to be one. My husband feels the same way – there is no greater joy in life that rescuing an animal but in the end it is the animal that really rescues us.