The Saturday Pet Blogger Hop: Crazy Bath Time Dog

This silly dog has a chronic case of the post bath zoomies…

[divider]

Saturday Pet Blogger Hop
Happy Saturday, and welcome to another installment of the Saturday Pet Blogger Hop! You’ve found the right place to connect with other pet lovers. Whether you are a seasoned blogger, one who loves reading pet blogs, or if you’re just thinking about starting your own blog – there is definitely something here for you. Acquaint yourself and enjoy – this is your resource, so use it as you see fit! Of course, you have to follow the rules, so let’s get to that. Get those links in and have fun.

• Link up your pet blog name and URL using the Linky Tool below. You only need to add your link once to be seen on all the Saturday Pet Blogger Blog Hop Linky Tools for that week. Note that if your blog is not pet related your link will be removed. Also note that only one post per blog is acceptable, and links promoting giveaways that are unrelated to the pet blogger hop will be removed. This is a community building exercise and not a promotional vehicle – please treat it as such.
  • Grab the “Saturday Pet Blogger Blog Hop” button on the right hand side of this site and include it in your Saturday Blog hop post so that your readers will know what is going on. *Note – posting is optional. Feel free to just link and follow.
  • Follow your co-hosts listed in the first 3 slots of the Linky Tool.
  • Follow as many other blogs on the linky as you’d like.
  • Take a moment to comment on the blogs telling them you’re from the blog hop.
  • Follow back when you get a new follower through the Saturday Pet Blogger Hop.
  • Make friends and grow. ♥

*note – if your blog is hosted on WordPress please use this alternate code that will work without javascript.

• July 30, 2011 12:05 amPosted 3 years ago
    Kristin G.

Wow! And I thought my dogs were crazy after baths. They usually confine their post-bath crazies to just one sofa, not the entire house. Have a great weekend!!

• July 30, 2011 12:05 amPosted 3 years ago
    Christina Lee

Such a cute and crazy dog…Nitro always goes crazy after his bath too. I think they like all the attention they get being silly beans! Happy Pet Blog Hop!

• July 30, 2011 12:12 amPosted 3 years ago
    Carrie Boyko

It’s funny how even the dogs who dislike baths seem to celebrate afterwards with a similar frenzy!

• July 30, 2011 12:20 amPosted 3 years ago
    MelF

That’s so funny! Jasper did something VERY similar outside ths past week after his bath. He had all the dogs in the neighborhood an uproar because of his antics. Great video!

• July 30, 2011 12:21 amPosted 3 years ago
    jansfunnyfarm

So he was dry and the furniture was wet? Sounds like a fair trade to us.

July 30, 2011 9:31 amPosted 3 years ago
    Tracey

Very silly. I think that the dog is just trying to get enough speed to produce some wind for that wind blown look.

• July 30, 2011 9:41 amPosted 3 years ago
    Hawk aka BrownDog

Hi Y’all!

Next time I get a bath I’ll have to try that! Looks like a lot more fun that I have!

Thanks for hostin’ another Saturday Blog Hop!

See you hoppin’!

Y’all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

• July 30, 2011 10:18 amPosted 3 years ago
    KnottedFingers

LOL he drenched everything!!

Also I got an error message when adding my link and now it’s there twice. I’m so sorry. I fail at internets

• July 30, 2011 12:41 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Julie

Ha Ha – what a cutie pie!!! When my dog Cali was a pup, she used to get this way after swimming too!!

• July 30, 2011 2:08 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Lindy MacDuff

Where is it?! Help me find my old stink! Help me put it back on! None of this silly foo-foo stuff for me!

July 30, 2011 5:38 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Heather

LMFBO!!!

July 30, 2011 5:40 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Cindy

LOL, now the dog has been properly re-scented after the bath;)

July 30, 2011 5:40 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Tanya

my little collie cross Pip does the same thing whether its from having a bath or just being out in the rain………she goes zooming around rubbing up along the sofa so all cushions are wonky or off……….head down, bum up hooshtying along the rugs & carpet till she is pooped out!!
    But she does wait at the door first to be rubbed down after being wet, she doesn’t go further into the house until she is rubbed & sometimes might only have barely a drop of water on her but has to be rubbed down or she won’t move & stands there looking at you!!! Fair enough I did make the rules for that!

July 30, 2011 5:41 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Lori

That’s some serious zoomies!

• July 30, 2011 5:46 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Patty

Cute video. My dog does the same thing. Runs around like she is crazy. I guess it makes them hyper feeling so clean.

July 30, 2011 5:53 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Charlene

Looks like some cute cattle dog ears!

• July 30, 2011 5:54 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Liliana

oh yeah, wet dog smell all over the house, LOL! Who doesn’t love that?!

July 30, 2011 5:55 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Lyla

My pug/pom mix does that too lol.

July 30, 2011 5:59 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Tracey

That dogs looks exactly like the dog I had a long time ago…

July 30, 2011 6:01 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Tracey

I surely miss her, thanks for sharing…

• July 30, 2011 6:01 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Barbara

That little dog looked as if he had one major sugar rush going on..hahaha…….cute & funny……

July 30, 2011 6:05 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Patricia

Mine do that every time. I shut the bedroom door so I don’t have to sleep in a wet bed.

• July 30, 2011 6:16 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Lisa

July 30, 2011 6:19 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Natasha

Love the dog in this, has some working breeds in there. My type of dog, gotta love the zooms. My two don’t need a bath to get to this state. Dawn and dusk is the zoom zone for my two. Love it and to hear such joy from the owners was a bonus.

• July 30, 2011 6:25 pmPosted 3 years ago
    King

Gosh, what is in his doggie shampoo? I want some!

• July 30, 2011 6:28 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Jackie

sophie does the same thing she goes nuts.

• July 30, 2011 6:32 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Jane

Wet couch plus dog hair all over it.. yuck

July 30, 2011 6:37 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Lynne

He’s zooming to return to smelliness.

• July 30, 2011 6:37 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Virginia

My border collie mix does that when i say get the sheep. Let me add we are in the garage when i tell him and he runs back and forth. They are all so much fun, it would be so boring without them!

• July 30, 2011 6:42 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Maria

HEHEHE!! Post Bath Zoomies!! I like that!! I’m borrowing that phrase and sharing the video!

July 30, 2011 6:50 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Kathy

Mt Aussies do this too! We call it Crazy Eights.

July 30, 2011 6:55 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Laura

My girl Ginger does the zoomies after baths too..and if I have a towel outside to dry her off with, she grabs it and play growls. Then she snatches it out of my grip and whips it back and forth like a lunatic. If I laugh (which I usually do) she’ll whip the towel even faster….when I say “Oh no…crazy dog, crazy dog!!”..she goes absolutely beserk. Makes it positively worth it to get covered with dog hair, shampoo, water, etc. just to see her go bonkers.

• July 30, 2011 7:06 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Michelle

My current dog (a golden-doodle) does this too Laura! My last dog (a peek-a-pooh) used to run and run and run in a big circle around the furniture….I called it “doggy air drying.” Even the cat (since deceased) would get in on the fun…I have a cherished video of the two of them (peek-a-pooh and kitty) enjoying the after bath fun time. =)

July 30, 2011 7:25 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Laura

@ Michelle…I love when dogs and kitties play together!! Ginger does the big running circles while talking/growling…her tail does this really funny swirly thing, and then she’ll suddenly dart in and jump at me with her front feet ..when she connects with either my back or belly…she changes direction in the air and darts back out. I don’t know if it’s funnier for her to hear the “ooomph” sound I make from the impact, or the fact that I usually can’t grab her to stop her game of tag. She loves to do the pounce thing when we are out for long hikes in the state forest. I’ll be taking photos or just hiking along and just when I think it’s safe..I get POUNCED. She’ll hear the oomph sound and take off like a rocket. It tends to happen on patches of soft sand–she likes to make it fly. And, yes, for everyone who is going to write and say it’s bad manners to let your dog jump on you..I know…but it’s funny as hell for both her and I.

• July 30, 2011 7:43 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Wanda

My dog does this after her bath, which she HATES.

July 30, 2011 7:45 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Patricia

@Michelle — save that video! I need to capture more of my pack before they are gone.

• July 30, 2011 8:21 pmPosted 3 years ago
    Marilynne

my dog does the same thing!