The Saturday Pet Blogger Hop/Pixel Plays with Deer

Which does not belong?

Either – but don’t tell them, they’re having way too much fun….

[divider]

Saturday Pet Blogger Hop

Happy Saturday, and welcome to another installment of the Saturday Pet Blogger Hop! You’ve found the right place to connect with other pet lovers. Whether you are a seasoned blogger, one who loves reading pet blogs, or if you’re just thinking about starting your own blog – there is definitely something here for you. Acquaint yourself and enjoy – this is your resource, so use it as you see fit! Of course, you have to follow the rules, so let’s get to that. Get those links in and have fun.

• Link up your pet blog name and URL using the Linky Tool below. You only need to add your link once to be seen on all the Saturday Pet Blogger Blog Hop Linky Tools for that week. Note that if your blog is not pet related your link will be removed. Also note that only one post per blog is acceptable, and links promoting giveaways that are unrelated to the pet blogger hop will be removed. This is a community building exercise and not a promotional vehicle – please treat it as such.
  • Grab the “Saturday Pet Blogger Blog Hop” button on the right hand side of this site and include it in your Saturday Blog hop post so that your readers will know what is going on. *Note – posting is optional. Feel free to just link and follow.
  • Follow your co-hosts listed in the first 3 slots of the Linky Tool.
  • Follow as many other blogs on the linky as you’d like.
  • Take a moment to comment on the blogs telling them you’re from the blog hop.
  • Follow back when you get a new follower through the Saturday Pet Blogger Hop.
  • Make friends and grow. ♥

*note – if your blog is hosted on WordPress please use this alternate code that will work without javascript.

Comments

1. Love it! What a brave little canine that is. Happy weekend to you all.

2. That little dog is either really brave or really crazy!

3. That deer is so perplexed by this little thing running around! So very cute!

4. That is the sweetest and coolest thing ever! Like she said…if only people could get along so well…

5. Funny that we are showing a deer on our post today, too, but we had no direct contact.

6. I see a Yorkie that was very well socialized and is able to deal with anything with great aplomb! Great job to Pixel’s people.

7. It’s Bambie and he thinks the Yorkie is Thumper in need of a haircut! 😉

8. How cute – and oh yes, if only peeps could get along so well too.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

9. Very cute!

10. Carol says on  07/23/2011 at 12:04 pm

OMG SO SWEET!!! :):)

11. I’m smiling!!!

12. now that’s the way to start my saturday! how super duper cute is that! i think miss pixel wanted to do zoomies with the deer. teeheehee.

*woof*
    the booker man

13. If only human’s could be this kind to other’s that are different.

14. luv it

15. Natalie says on  07/23/2011 at 12:19 pm

adorable and pixel – what a great name!

16. Karen says on  07/23/2011 at 12:32 pm

How lovely!

17. Karen says on  07/23/2011 at 12:43 pm

I have seen a fair number of videos here of dog encounters with wild animals, I hope people keep in mind that the animals are wild. My dad’s Chihuahua was “hooved” and badly injured by a so called friendly deer, my dad was heartbroken. She survived after extensive surgery.

18. you’re so Great, Mother Nature..without You, life is boring (:

19. THIS IS SOOO SCAREY!!!…Pampered pets are conditioned to not fear anything because their supposed ‘caring’ owners (‘guardians’!) will never put them in harm’s way…this yorkie was only inches/seconds from death while the owner kept cooing about how cute it is…THIS ISN’T BAMBI!!!…’Bambi’ is a cartoon!!!…I work with deer & I know what I’m talking about…view the following video and be thankful that it was only by the glorious grace of God that this wasn’t the yorky’s fate!

20. so cute, I shared it on my page.

21. I don’t think that had anything to do with the glorious grace of a god that the yorkie wasn’t smushed (the god was okay when the deer in your video stamped on that dog?). The deer in this posting did not appear to be frightened nor was it guarding a fawn. I agree, deer are wild animals; they are predictable only if you know what to look for but I doubt that the shooter of this vid did. If it were a different deer at a different time, the outcome could/would be very different.

22. I agree with Debra. These are wild animals. My dad’s chihuahua was badly injured by a deer. Toward the end of this video the buck did a little bit of “pawing” at the dog, and dropped his antlers – it would not have taken much to hurt or kill the dog.

23. @ Reg, the only deer ‘I’ was attacked by was a buck in velvet (same as what was nose to nose with the yorkie)…obviously survived but sustained a broken arm…it only takes a split-second to go from ‘oh so cute’ to ‘unbelievably horrifying’!…it’s true that deer are more protective when fawns are involved but don’t think for one second that any other deer at any other phase, or time or place, won’t strike!…PROTECT YOUR DOGS & RESPECT WILDLIFE!!!…IT’S YOUR DUTY AS A GUARDIAN, &, YOUR DOG DEPENDS ON YOU FOR THIS KNOWLEDGE & ABILITY!!!…btw, I only posted the above video because it’s the only one I’ve ever seen that unfortunately, yet graphically, documented how quickly an attack can happen & how brutal the strikes can be…I can’t watch the video since I originally viewed it because it’s too horrifying…the elderly border collie in this video did survive albeit with serious bruising but coulda’ been worse!

24. The videographer said it, “If only people could get along that well!”

25. Lorraine says on  07/23/2011 at 3:37 pm

SO WONDERFULL

26. So beautiful and amazing. Thank you for sharing this. :)

27. Ellen says on  07/23/2011 at 5:38 pm

Stealing

28. Ellen says on  07/23/2011 at 5:39 pm

oh my goodness…………the country life has to be a total blessing :-)

29. Lynn says on  07/23/2011 at 10:27 pm

Truly sweet how well their inquisitness brought them together !

30. love it lol

31. lovely

32. Agree…LOVE IT! Thanks for hosting!