St. Patrick’s Cathedral Adds Dog To Nativity Scene

If you look closely, you’ll notice an unusual addition to the St. Patrick’s Cathedral crèche.

Man’s best friend can be seen seated behind the Blessed Virgin Mary. It’s a change that’s drawing second looks, and sparking discussion.

Lexington the Second has adorned the nativity since late last week, and feedback on the street is trending positive. Of course, this begs the question: Is Lexington a suitable addition, or have Americans gone just a little too dog crazy?

Related posts

• December 5, 2011 10:49 amPosted 2 years ago
    Peggy @Peggy's Pet Place

I like it! We have a dog in our nativity scene at home, with the shepherds.

December 5, 2011 11:42 amPosted 2 years ago
    Anonymous

This made me smile, as I glued a small collie dog into our nativity scene, years ago!

December 5, 2011 11:43 amPosted 2 years ago
    Kat

This made me smile, as I glued a small collie dog in our nativity scene, years ago!

December 5, 2011 12:24 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Nicki

I love this. Why not – the dog must have been there

December 5, 2011 2:30 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Of COURSE it’s a suitable addition!! People don’t say America has gone sheep crazy when they see sheep in the nativity scene, or camel crazy when the wise men have camels. The Bible doesn’t mention either of these animals as actually present with Jesus in the Christmas story, but it’s just as likely that the shepherds would have a dog to help with the sheep as it is that the wise men would ride on camels. :D I love the addition!

December 5, 2011 11:57 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Tracey

I like the dog in the Nativity scene. It is just one of God’s creatures. I am sure that He put them here on earth to be our protectors and our friends. Why not have a dog in the Nativity scene?

• December 9, 2011 10:59 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Pets-n-People Pet Care Advice

Why not? I suspect there were dogs there, since it was a place for animals and the others were there. Maybe there was a cat as well, and we never see those in Nativity scenes either. I think it would make a charming addition. ;)