Beyonce: iPhone Sized Puppy is a Survivor

A diminutive Sacramento, Calif. puppy has escaped death four times – against all odds. The dachshund mix, named ‘Beyonce’ will go up for adoption in the near future.

The Grace Foundation of Northern California, which rescued the dog’s mother from Devore Animal Control, says it has submitted an application with the Guinness Book of World Records: they believe that Beyonce could be the world’s smallest dog.

Comments

1. Tracey says on  03/26/2012 at 1:40 pm

I hope that people will consider getting another dog if they can not get her. She is cute.

2. What a cutie and also an inspiring story. I’m sure that they will be bombarded with requests from people who want to “Put A Ring On” little Miss Beyonce. Ditto on the hope that all of those who want Beyonce will adopt one of the other homeless animals should they not get her.

3. yes was on good morning america

4. I so agree!!

5. That was my first thought this morning when I saw her on GMA. She is way too young to be passed around like that and exposed to everything.

6. Georgia says on  03/26/2012 at 10:16 pm

Hope she don’t wind up like that little rabbit with no ears, camera man accidentally stepped on it……..now no more rabbit.

7. Sarah says on  03/26/2012 at 10:20 pm

awe how sweet!!!

8. So very cute and very small

9. Agreed.

10. Becca says on  03/26/2012 at 10:23 pm

Worst part is they kept talking about how she would make the Guinness Book of Records as smallest pup. Seemed they were promoting themselves and having this special small pup rather than why neuter/spay is so important

11. I watched this earlier. Why not wait a few weeks and let her mature and develop an immune system?

12. What a darling story!

13. What a pretty baby

14. <3

15. Janne says on  03/26/2012 at 10:26 pm

Need to let her be and not promote other unscrupulous breeders to try to replicate her.

16. Marilynn says on  03/26/2012 at 10:27 pm

She is precious however it is irrespnsible and dangerous to be exposing her like this!

17. Sherry says on  03/26/2012 at 10:28 pm

So sweet!

18. Breanna says on  03/26/2012 at 10:29 pm

awww poor baby i totally agree the poor thing might go into shock!!

19. Shelly says on  03/26/2012 at 10:36 pm

itty bitty baby

20. Robin says on  03/26/2012 at 10:37 pm

adoreable

21. Susan says on  03/26/2012 at 10:45 pm

I agree!

22. George says on  03/26/2012 at 10:48 pm

2 weeks old is much too young for travelling along and being passed along like that. I don’t know that the birth weight counts as a record.

23. Kathleen says on  03/26/2012 at 10:50 pm

she’s adorable, but I hope that people realize there are many, many dogs that need rescuing. Some may not be as cute, but are as thankful and happy to go to a forever home.

24. I want that puppy.. ♥

25. Oooooh…how very sweet she is…I’ll take her…Lacey will teach her all she knows…!!! How beautiful she is!!! <3

26. very cute

27. Thank you for saying that! I thought the same thing. She is shivering and how many more objects are they going to place her with to show off her size? We get it already.

28. Ugh. Can you imagine the anxiety of the mom being hauled all over with a new litter?!

29. Why do they carry that little puppy around?!?!??! She needs to be with her mom and siblings, she is way to young to be hold in so many different hands!!!! Let her be a puppy and not an accessory!!!

30. the puppy is in wonderful hands ‘yes subjecting that pup at that age is not the greatest idea yet it exposed an amazing animal rescue organization in northern California the Grace foundation. little puppy is in safe hands thats what matters ‘ right folks???

31. Adorable. May she have a long, healthy, happy life.

32. YES exactly what I was thinking today when I saw her on national television!! Come on, people…stop exploiting animals for financial gain!!!

33. I wouldn’t call her “Beyonce”. Apparently Beyonce, the singer, likes to wear fur that has come from an animal that has been skinned alive… :/

34. Sue says on  03/27/2012 at 1:50 am

35. Lindalee says on  03/27/2012 at 1:51 am

should be somewhere quiet and carefully watched

36. That puppy needs to be rescued from the rescue she is in!

37. i agree with you ……she should be resting not be shown on tv…..

38. Debra says on  03/27/2012 at 7:31 am

Agreed, I told my husband the same thing-too young and fragile to be put on an airplane and be handled by so many people.

39. what a bunch of morons. The pup should not be out yet. Helloooo dingbats

40. So lovely and small!!!

41. Anonymous says on  03/28/2012 at 7:55 pm

No that is really wrong and heart breaking, I dont think that little body or heart can handle all that…