Tail-wagging Reunion for Woman and Her Wolf Friends

Wildlife rehabilitator Anita spent years working with this wolf pack, and after being away from them for months, this was their reaction to seeing her again for the first time.

Related posts

March 26, 2012 10:51 amPosted 2 years ago
    Beba

Why does she lets them livk inside her mouth?
    Y did they started to dominate?

March 26, 2012 11:09 amPosted 2 years ago
      Kae

She is displaying proper wolf greeting behavior. Also, the wolves were not starting to “dominate”. Long story short, wolves constantly test one another within the pack structure to determine who is strong and who is weak. This is absolutely necessary behavior for wolves in the wild and NO wolf should be considered domesticated. Even though they live in captivity, they are still wild animals and they will still have all of the behaviors of a wolf who lived/lives in the wild.

Thumb up 1 Thumb down 0

March 26, 2012 7:31 pmPosted 2 years ago
        Michele

I was just going to say it is rare to see a human interact with wolves correctly as she is doing. They obviously see her as a pack member and all her body language is spot on in a pack situation. Kae nailed it right on the head.

March 29, 2012 11:55 amPosted 2 years ago
        Beba

She has the risk of getting sick from that right?
        Thx

March 30, 2012 1:42 pmPosted 2 years ago
          Anonymous

if you work with animals, that doesn’t matter.

April 3, 2012 10:49 pmPosted 2 years ago
          Almino

How about the other way around? The wolves might get sick… We don’t know what kind of bars she hangs out while she was away those months…

March 26, 2012 10:58 amPosted 2 years ago
    Anonymous

I dont know why

Thumb up 0 Thumb down 1

March 26, 2012 10:43 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Ruth

Look at Christian the Lio Reuion too..

March 28, 2012 1:16 pmPosted 2 years ago
      Anonymous

i remember them, they are the two men that had the lion

April 8, 2012 5:16 amPosted 2 years ago
        Anonymous

I remember that.. And that story was amazing.. :)

March 26, 2012 11:44 pmPosted 2 years ago
    katybblue

Love to see respectful interaction with creatures of the wild! She is the Jane Goodall of Wolves. Thanks for sharing the cool video

March 28, 2012 8:59 amPosted 2 years ago
    Sandra Lee

I think that she was very excepted as being in the pack. This is there greeting to her. The alphas were correcting some that were getting to much on her and showing respect. I was in the pen with wolves up at Mission wolf. I had never met them before and they did that to me. But what they did was get on the ground and roll over submitting to me. I went there to learn more and ended up teaching the volunteer that was there what they were doing. I have Malamutes, and they are the closest thing to having a wolf. They have the pack order just like wolves do. You had better be the pack leader or they take over and lead you. Thanks so much putting this on. This really shows a lot about wolves. Thank you.

March 29, 2012 12:36 amPosted 2 years ago
    ray burns

beautiful to see but the licking of the mouth ,well i wouldnt want to be the boyfriend lol but obviously a way of greeting,thanks for the clip its always great see animals and humans getting along together.

• March 29, 2012 3:22 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Jenn Martinelli

I love this video!

I have an running joke with a couple of my friends who consider themselves to be cat people (although they like dogs too). I sent them this video and said this might be the perfect example of how much of a “dog person” I am. (Yes, I know they are wolves, not dogs.) When they are growling and mouthing her face with their teeth that’s not scary to me, I’m like, “Aww, that’s so sweet! They missed her!”

My cat people friends will likely need to sit down for a while after watching it.

Thanks for posting, it’s great!

April 19, 2012 6:15 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Wynn

Yellow spot! Looks like someone got a bit too excited.