War Torn Pups Saved by US Soldiers to Arrive at JFK

In the midst of war, a soldier hears a whimper. They pause for a moment, and see an injured, malnourished dog. This dog reminds the soldier of home. As the soldier bends down and scoops the dog up, two lives are saved. At this moment, amongst all the chaos and destruction, a bond is formed.

10 dogs were born as strays. They were saved from a life of starvation, torture, abuse, and death by American Men and Women serving our country.

Guardians of Rescue has accomplished the first part of an important mission. Through donations from the Ryan Newman Foundation, Richard and Mary Morrison Foundation, and their supporters, these dogs are saved again.

The Nowzad Shelter in Afghanistan was forced to evacuate their location. Guardians of Rescue were determined to do their part to help.

The men and women serving our country that rescued and loved these dogs are unable to offer them a home due to the nature of their tour of duty. They did not want them left behind. These men and women sacrifice so much for us, and Guardians of Rescue is determined to help them.

Their “Battle Buddies” will be truly safe now, and through the Home Again: Operation Support Our Troops Program, these dogs will finally have the lives their soldiers dreamt for them.

As Guardians’ founder Robert Misseri explains, “Supporting our Troops is of the utmost importance. By saving the animals they love, it gives these men and women peace of mind. To know their best friends are safe will lift a great emotional weight off them. Imagine having to leave your best friend behind, in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by danger, to an uncertain fate. We had to do something.”

These dogs will be paired up with Soldiers stationed here in the US and returning veterans of the war that also share a special bond with these “Battle Buddies.”

For flight and arrival schedule of dogs please call 888-287-3864.

Related posts

fantastic

April 30, 2012 4:33 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Jill

Amazing!

• April 30, 2012 4:34 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Frank

I agree these dogs deserve a life to

• April 30, 2012 4:35 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Angie

aaawwww great:)

• April 30, 2012 4:35 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Diane

Just awesome for man & dog!!!! <3 < 3

April 30, 2012 4:40 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Maureen

Love this

April 30, 2012 4:41 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Sue

The best reason yet for being there!

• April 30, 2012 4:51 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Lee

The dogs have done nothing wrong why should they suffer too

• April 30, 2012 4:55 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Cristina

excellent!

April 30, 2012 4:58 pmPosted 2 years ago
    William

Don’t like my truthful comment?

• April 30, 2012 5:03 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Sandra

what a great program

April 30, 2012 5:06 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Lee

@William Shaw: I guess it did not bother you any that Afghans, Iraqis and Libyans are over here and killing your own countrymen, and innocent women and children. and also they kill plenty of their own people who want nothing but democracy. I have a sticker on my van, it says “If you can’t stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them”. And like Lee Wilson said so very true: The dogs have done nothing wrong, why should they suffer? You may think different when someone in your own family gets killed by some misguided terrorist, but then again, maybe not. Seems to me like you don’t really know what you are talking about. You are possibly misguided in your thinking, too.

April 30, 2012 5:08 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Janet

The residents of above mentioned countries didn’t “do anything wrong” either . There is a time and place for euthanasia, this was one of them. Good lord, there are women & children living amidst this chaos/ with little or no access to basic human dignities, and you applaud this?? these dogs should of been put down…to spend tens of thousands (most likely) to bring back stateside is completely lopsided. You can’t save every single dog & cat in every country! I’m sorry but this is bizarre.

April 30, 2012 5:10 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Kent

Although we have our own overpopulation of unwanted dogs already in the U.S., because of the factor that the dogs were loyal companions to the soldiers, I agree…….

April 30, 2012 5:11 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Angel

XOXOXO!!!

April 30, 2012 5:15 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Jennifer

that is awesome !

• April 30, 2012 5:15 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Susan

Wonderful! The fact that some people have a problem with this program is very sad.

April 30, 2012 5:23 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Janet

…and please spare me the pro-America-the great- rhetoric, this is about saving dogs that should of been let go humanely. We have thousands of animals in our country(that no one ever wants!) that due to owner apathy/neglect or abuse, produce unwanted kittens/puppies every single day! Give your heads a shake.

April 30, 2012 5:32 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Tracie

;)

• April 30, 2012 5:33 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Gabrielle

Hey Janet, till you or a loved one is over there being shot at and watching their friends loose limbs or die and you find a dog that gives you some solace ….you really need to take your opinion somewhere else. It really doesn’t belong on a facebook page that is dedicated to the love of dogs. My husband is a Marine that did two tours and serviced our country for 12 years. When he and his Marines found an abandoned puppy it put some love in their hearts and smiles on their faces to care for it while Taliban were shooting at them relentlessly for 30 days. I was lucky to get my husband back, but many others weren’t so lucky. I’m glad they had that puppy and I’m glad that these dogs are returning with these soldiers to be loved and cared for. If the foundation that funded this operation wanted to do so, then good for them! If you’d rather the money go somewhere else ….open your checkbook up and send a donation of whatever size you wish to whatever organization you want to. That’s your choice as an American.

• April 30, 2012 5:40 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Lanette

Janet – you must be a member of PETA. Please get a new profile pic of you without the dog. Ack…

April 30, 2012 5:43 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Jeannie

Our military members are heroes in more ways than one. Even with the mission they are charged to accomplish, they take the time and effort to show compassion to innocent animals. Kudos for our military men and women!

April 30, 2012 5:45 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Kevin

Gabrielle Lowe, you too are a hero…..thank you for your so very well said retort to Janet……and thank you to your husband and all of the men and women in service to our country.

• April 30, 2012 5:47 pmPosted 2 years ago
    David

Good news, will share. Dave

April 30, 2012 5:52 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Janet

@ Gabrielle~ if you don’t like my opinion, then don’t read it. I am a dog lover, with one of my own and 2 cats. Don’t make this thread about your pro-military stance, and because your family member chose to enlist does not negate anothers opinion. I find it amazing that Americans are so gung- ho about having the right to say what they want, when they want to say it, but the nano-second there’s an opposing point of view, out comes the “you hate America” ideology. You have no worries dear, I’m very relieved to be Canadian born & bred :) Peace to you.

• April 30, 2012 6:00 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Lanette

What a hateful, angry woman you are Janet O’Bryne-Dale. Can’t believe you ended your last awful post with “peace to you”. You need some help. You have free health care in Canada. Please use it…

April 30, 2012 6:16 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Diane

Our american soldiers can have anything they want!!! Especially puppies!! Are you kidding me @@janet ????????

April 30, 2012 6:18 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Terri

Janet seems to have a severe problem. When you put one species over another, you DO have a big problem. I might say “help your own first” but that’s in relation to humans, who basically are the ones creating all the problems and horrific situations and downright terror that animals endure. Any ANIMAL who needs help is my friend. That is my code. Whether they are American animals or Iraqi animals or Jewish animals or Christian animals, they don’t care about that stuff and neither do I. Janet, go shake your own head! That said, I do get sick of all the uber patriotic “America the greatest” rhetoric for many reasons, but the one that pertains to this, a dog lover/dog advocate group, is that the same military and government we are told to revere, is the same military who uses live animals (including dogs as well as goats, pigs, and -this might change as of the news this week- chimpanzees) in their cruel and unnecessary training. Sawing off their legs with no anesthesia so they can “train” their medics (I’ve yet to see a goat or dog soldier on the front line with a shrapnel wound) and blowing them up alive in weapons testing and other horrors. These sickening atrocities is sanctioned by a government that demands we “support our troops” yadayada and I don’t see any military servants standing up for THOSE animals. So I for one, will just forego all the “thank you for your service to our country” starry-eyed babble and the bumper sticker “stand behind or get in front of our troops” admonishments. Not to rain on people saving dogs (and I don’t see why a soldier doing it is somehow more fabulous than anyone else doing it) and I hate to contribute to the negativity in here today, because this is one of my favorite groups and who doesn’t like a happy story about saving dogs?? There’s just more to it than what we’re being told.

April 30, 2012 6:19 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Kevin

Stay there Janet, we certainly don’t need your idiocy here! You are a hatemongering moronic human being. How dare you pose with a dog in your profile picture!!! It’s all about compassion, you idiot. Really, please take advantage of your country’s free heathcare, hopefully it includes mental disorders.

April 30, 2012 6:24 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Kevin

Make sure to state in your Will that you want your animals euthanized upon your disappearance or death, Janet. According to you, that’s the right thing to do. Don’t be a hypocrite.

• April 30, 2012 6:44 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Susie

kudos to the RYAN NEWMEN FOUNDATION….

• April 30, 2012 6:46 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Linda

They are not being ALLOWED to really help the people there at least they can help the dogs.

• April 30, 2012 7:24 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Gabrielle

Janet, calling me dear and trying to belittle me is silly. I am a first generation proud American, not some crazed pro-war lunatic. I’m proud of my husband and I’m not turning this into something political. It has to do with the dogs, nothing else! I was only stating that you may not know what the dogs meant to these service members and how it aids in both the well being of the dogs and the men and women who cared for them.

April 30, 2012 7:35 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Patricia

Too cool….I’m so happy and so grateful….God bless America and God bless our troops and their 4 legged hero’s

• April 30, 2012 7:48 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Terry

That brings tears to my eyes and warms my heart. What a special thing to do for our soldiers and the dogs they saved. Unfortunately there are so many more that need saving ..

• April 30, 2012 8:03 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Deborah

god bless the innocent animals