Woman Arrested for Trying to Run Down Dog Warden

Elizabeth Remington

A New York woman has been arrested on a misdemeanor charge of reckless endangerment after she attempted to kill a dog warden with her vehicle. A dispute over a family pet is said to be the basis for 25 year old Elizabeth Remington’s rage.

The Colton resident is accused of driving her vehicle at a high rate of speed toward the town’s dog warden while he was operating his tractor on his property at East Hill Road Wednesday morning.

The St. Lawrence County Sheriff’s Department had already charged Remington with assault on Tuesday after she attacked the dog warden while he was serving legal papers to her husband.

Remington was ticketed and an order of protection was issued.

1. Donna says on  04/27/2012 at 5:11 pm

How sad, she looks so happy that she did what she did….

2. Tia says on  04/27/2012 at 5:12 pm

3. That’s taking things a bit too serious!

4. takes all kinds!

5. Ann Beth says on  04/27/2012 at 5:13 pm

6. Anonymous says on  04/27/2012 at 5:14 pm

What is a Dog Warden?? Do they confiscate pets?

7. Thank goodness there are more good, decent people…than jerks…in this world of ours. I must remind myself of this a dozen times a day!

8. Lunatic…

9. D*** ASS

10. I wouldn’t have a problem at all running her over in my truck….Not cool lady…

11. Ann says on  04/27/2012 at 5:16 pm

Mindless bitch!

12. Yikes, a face only a mother could …..nope, not even a mother could.

13. She’s proud of her crazy self huh. What a nutjob.

14. Wow really Angel? Pimping yourself on a thread about a lunatic trying to kill a guy. Class.

15. Kent says on  04/27/2012 at 5:18 pm

dog warden just doin his job…..

16. Cecilia says on  04/27/2012 at 5:21 pm

17. Pearl says on  04/27/2012 at 5:22 pm

I hope she gets maximum decipline in jail I mean max

18. Nicole says on  04/27/2012 at 5:23 pm

Trying to run someone over in your vehicle is a misdemeanor? Good to know.

19. Marge says on  04/27/2012 at 5:25 pm

nahhhhhh, it was probably an accident…..surely she didn’t mean to run him over and certainly didn’t aim to kill him….

20. Was he her husband or boyfriend?

21. Hungee says on  04/27/2012 at 5:27 pm

She look’s High! Well,really stupid also! O.K. She’s Goofy looking as hell! I thought it was at least a felony?? Oh Well!

22. Hungee says on  04/27/2012 at 5:29 pm

Marge! You sound like you’re her Mother! That’s some BS a Mother would say,My baby would never do that! Idiot!

23. Susanne says on  04/27/2012 at 5:29 pm

Is that her mugshot??? And since when is attempted murder called reckless endangerment?

24. She looks like a little biotch. I wish the would let me run her over. I wouldn’t miss. Promise.

25. Kristi says on  04/27/2012 at 5:33 pm

sounds to me like soneone had a dumbass attack and trying to run someone over should get them an attempted murder charge.. Jmo

26. LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!!

27. ignorant heifer

28. Would love to hear her side of the story

29. We need to hear both sides of the story. People are way to quick to judge.

30. Ellen says on  04/27/2012 at 5:44 pm

this is a very incomplete story. why was the dog warden driving a tractor and for what was he serving papers? not that it makes it right to drive your car into someone, just saying that there is more to this story than was published.

• Anonymous says on  04/28/2012 at 7:19 am

I agree
      There is more to the story and would like to hear the complete story then just a part of it.

31. Karen says on  04/27/2012 at 5:46 pm

Holy cow! What a whack job.

32. Hahahaha

33. Lee says on  04/27/2012 at 5:51 pm

i wonder if she was mad at him for some reason.

34. Deb says on  04/27/2012 at 5:52 pm

what is wrong with the human race????

35. Jeremy says on  04/27/2012 at 5:53 pm
  36. UR right Katie, if he took my dog I would run his butt over.

37. Gemma says on  04/27/2012 at 6:06 pm

there was some bloke on here commenting and advertising his pitbull… where has that link gone and why on earth was he advertising a pitbull on this??? some of you must think im going mad lol but hes obviously deleted it

38. Ashlie says on  04/27/2012 at 6:11 pm

39. Kate says on  04/27/2012 at 6:18 pm

Now, you just can’t be doing that sort of thing!

40. Teresa says on  04/27/2012 at 6:23 pm

you know, I knew this person growing up. I know her family, her husband, her friends. We are all from a tiny little town. That dog warden is a rude chauvinistic pig who really loves to ticket people, he is on a power trip. In no way am I condoning her actions, but my knowledge of the man in question leaves me not really surprised. I love people who live on East Hill Road in that town. This person is not a monster, only a frustrated mother.

41. She looks Looney Tunes . . .

42. Linnea says on  04/27/2012 at 6:36 pm

IDK anyone involved in this, but can say I’ve seen some pretty rude, opinionated, and down right mean “dog wardens/animal control officers”. Some don’t have a clue about their job, how to handle dogs, or what breeds are, let alone the ordiances, treat citizens with little if any respect especially if you are a “have not”. I’ve seen them go onto private property, behind a fence, remove the chain and impound the dog, another used a thermomenter (sic) taped on a stick to check the temps of cars with dogs in them.
    Not every “dog warden/animal control officer” is willing to educate or work with the citizens on correcting the problem.

43. Stephanie says on  04/27/2012 at 6:37 pm

TWO sides to every story people! Never know what the situation is!

44. Teresa says on  04/27/2012 at 6:45 pm

I agree!

45. Why the hell is that a misdemeanor? can someone enlighten me?

46. Robin says on  04/27/2012 at 8:06 pm

I’d spend 10 yrs in jail for my dog!

47. I don’t know what the true story is here.. But if you mess with my animals I will mess you up!!!! Car running you over, if need be!!

48. Agree with nicole :)

49. What’s the whole story???

50. Claudia says on  04/27/2012 at 9:37 pm

can i just beat her ass, please

51. GO GIRL …. after all there is nothing like that for CATS & they run feril and rampant.

52. Jaime says on  04/28/2012 at 3:03 am

wish i could slap her ugly face!

53. ;(

54. I’m not going to comment on her facial expression, but I think it’s very telling…

55. Anonymous says on  05/01/2012 at 8:54 am

people need 2 get the story straight!!!! Elizabeth is my sister,she was dropping off her kids at my moms b4 work,our mother lives on that road. The dog wardner was in the middle of the road,liz had no room on the road. this asshole is always in the middle of the road and his animals r always there 2. One of our sisters end up in an accident bc of his animals. He’s a fucking asshole who is just starting shit,making it look worse. I agree the mug shot looks bad,but the police officer said no one would see it,so she was being a smart ass. He was at her house bc of her dog barking,not abuse!!!! The guy next door from her is friends with this asshole. When the dog wardner went 2 her house,he wouldnt leave,she was scared bc her husband wasnt home. He kept on saying he didnt need 2 leave,he was being cocky. So some of u people need 2 get a life and stop commenting on shit,u dont even know!!!!

56. Elizabeth Remington says on  05/01/2012 at 10:47 am

the dog warden “Austin Garvin” was trespassing on my property. he was asked to leave- instead he gets in my face, and tells me no, and says “what are you gonna do about it?” he was asked repeatively to leave. he was there to serve my husband papers cause my dog “barks” my dog is accused of barking even when he’s inside. the neighbor makes shit up all the time, and has for the last 4 years. yes, i’ve been getting harassed from these people for several years now. anyway, my husband wasn’t home, the papers were not for me; he was asked to leave and come back when my husband got home. i never hit the guy. i did push him away from me because he kept popping his chest out like some tough guy. anyway, he tells the cops i punched him, i get arrested. i only smiled because i asked the cop if it was going to be in the paper, and he told me no. so i smiled for the camera. so what? i’m innocent. i have no reason to look miserable. so the next day, i go up east hill to drop my kids off at my parents house. my mother babysits for me. i grew up there for 20 years. as i was coming down the road… down the hill… theres Austin at the bottom of the hill, 6:30am, foggy, and rainy out, no bright colors or lights on this huge tractor on MY SIDE OF THE ROAD. i NEVER saw him till i got close to him. i was going 40MPH, WHICH IS NOT A HIGH SPEED RATE! i slowed down to 30-35, and swirved to the left so that i WOULDN’T hit him. he was on my side of the road facing traffic. duh. i’m not the only person who’s been having issues with this guy. ** by the way, he makes about $650.00 a year. was told so by the judge. **

57. Elizabeth Remington says on  05/01/2012 at 10:48 am

and yes, i agree, an absolute shitty photo of myself. but hey, aren’t all mug shots?