From Homelessness to Happiness : A Shelter Dog Finds Love

Stella was abandoned just prior to the Thanksgiving holiday in 2010, when her owner moved and decided to leave her behind…

Comments

1. Carol says on  May 14, 2012 at 9:28 pm

Just goes to prove not all pit bulls are vicious. I cannot believe I said that, but I do mean it!

2. How can anyone leave pet so loyal to owner behind. People can be so cruel. Maybe someone ought to forget them!!!

3. Awesome story and beautiful dog.

4. Karen says on  May 14, 2012 at 9:50 pm

Everyone should read this….wonderful story.

5. Graces says on  May 14, 2012 at 9:56 pm

wonderful story!!

6. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!

7. how could we not love these creatures ?

8. Judy says on  May 15, 2012 at 8:37 am

You were meant to find each other. T Y for saving such a beautiful animal. The world could use more like you!!!

9. Paula says on  May 15, 2012 at 12:37 pm

God bless the man who adopted beautiful Stella! It is very obvious they both love and adore each other. Stella can’t take her eyes off him. What a beautiful video and a beautiful ending!

10. Monica says on  May 17, 2012 at 1:42 pm

This is just beautiful! Thank God Stella’s angel rescued her – such love in this video – her tail never stops wagging and i love the way she leans into him.

One of the best I have ever seen!

And I don’t think this is a terrible story – it is a great story, sad beggining and happy ending!

11. Tracey says on  May 19, 2012 at 3:40 pm

Stella I am so happy that you and new are together. Live a good life and be happy you two!

• Stella's Daddy says on  May 20, 2012 at 6:20 am

Thanks so much to every one of you who has said kind things about Stella. She’s just as happy as she looks in the video — all the time. I just want to point out that while Stella’s video has been found by many people to be endearing, her story is not really unique. Or, to put it another way, the potential for all dogs and cats in shelters across the country and the worls is no different than Stella’s potential was.
      Shelter animals are not broken or inferior. In fact, they are typically proven animals who have endured a lot of uncertainty. Please give them a chance. Say no to the cruelty that feuls pet shops and backyward breeding. A wonderful animal awaits us all at America’s shelters and rescue organizations.

• wendy says on  May 20, 2012 at 2:53 pm

Thank you so much for everything, for sharing with us your experience, for STELLA and thank God you both found each other you deserve a wonderful life together, all the blessings for both of you ALWAYS !!!

• Stella is just beautiful and such a good girl! Reminds me of my own pound hound, Sophie. :)

12. Pirjo Kaskisola says on  May 20, 2012 at 2:44 pm

Happy for both of you <3

13. Judy says on  May 20, 2012 at 3:46 pm

What an awesome inspiring story! The love and adoration shows on both of you….I like you comment about stay away from backyard breeders and pet shops. They are only in it for the money and you do not know what you are getting for sure. I have seen the results with my own eyes.

14. Brenda says on  May 20, 2012 at 4:01 pm

How does an owner choose to leave their pet behind. Attention pet owners, it’s not an option, you don’t have a choice. You made a commitment to love and care for your pet. Holy smokes. God bless those of you who make a difference to these wonderful animals.