Police rescue a puppy found buried alive

Police officers in Williston, Florida were disposing of evidence per a court order on Thursday when they heard a whimpering noise coming from underground. Officers located the origin of the whimpering and dug out a one-week-old puppy that was head-first in an eight-inch hole.

Luckily the dirt had not been packed down and the puppy managed to create an air pocket below the surface. Williston Police Chief Dennis Strow said, “It did not appear to me that the dog was very long in the hole, less than an hour would be my guess.”

The puppy is so young he can’t even open his eyes yet, because of this the clinic believes him to be around 7-days-old. Caretakers at Levy Animal Clinic have been bottle-feeding the puppy that they have named Tucker. One of the veterinarian technicians at the clinic has already adopted Tucker.

Officer Strow checked in on Tucker the morning after they found him and is pleased to report that Tucker is doing well. He is still disturbed by the find though, “What’s disturbing is that when you look at this fellow you ask, how can he be threatening to anyone?”

The police are still looking for the person who buried Tucker and Strow is determined to find them. “Somebody knows who did this. I guarantee we’re going to follow this one and prosecute whoever did this to the fullest extent of the law,” said Strow. Anyone with information is urged to contact the Williston Police Department at (352)528-4991.

Related posts

September 29, 2012 11:14 amPosted 1 year ago
    Cheryl F

Unfortunately, the “fullest extent of the law” is never enough for these kinds of monsters.

Woof woof! Thumb up 20 Thumb down 0

• September 29, 2012 12:28 pmPosted 1 year ago
    Anonymous

Happy happy ending! Tucker is such an adorable pup.

Woof woof! Thumb up 6 Thumb down 0

September 29, 2012 1:05 pmPosted 1 year ago
    Anonymous

I hope they find the bastard & bury them alive!!!

Woof woof! Thumb up 10 Thumb down 0

September 29, 2012 1:58 pmPosted 1 year ago
    Anonymous

What’s wrong with people? Who would do this? Breaks my heart. This puppy looks a lot like my dog did as a puppy. He is the best dog ever. So glad he is adopted now. If he wasn’t I would :) I do hope they find this person that did this and if they don’t…karma will.

Woof woof! Thumb up 10 Thumb down 0

September 29, 2012 3:20 pmPosted 1 year ago
    Heidi

God forgive me but I surely believe there are people among us that don’t deserve the air the breath.

Woof woof! Thumb up 11 Thumb down 0

September 29, 2012 3:22 pmPosted 1 year ago
      Heidi

that’s “…they breathe.”

Thumb up 1 Thumb down 1

September 29, 2012 9:24 pmPosted 1 year ago
    Anonymous

Please find the SOB and bury him in a hole, an eye for an eye!!! Wackjob!!

Woof woof! Thumb up 7 Thumb down 0

September 29, 2012 9:25 pmPosted 1 year ago
    Bee

Keeping you in my prayers sweet baby, hope they find the SOB, and bury him in a hole. Someone must know something, someone will churp.

Woof woof! Thumb up 6 Thumb down 0

September 29, 2012 9:39 pmPosted 1 year ago
    Sharon

With violent crime on the rise every day, I’m sure it’s hard to justify time spent, looking for a puppy abuser, almost murderer. But, the abuse always seem to start this way. First with small animals, then with larger animals – then with small children, adults and older adults. Please do whatever it takes to find this person/persons and prosecute them to the fullest. It makes me sick to think that our human race can stoop to the level it does, everyday, abusing animals, children. So happy Tucker has a chance for a happy life. I’m sure the abuser did not intend for this outcome to take place. What a despicable piece of humanity that did this, and I’m being very nice here.

Woof woof! Thumb up 9 Thumb down 0

September 30, 2012 8:46 amPosted 1 year ago
    Anonymous

it is so sad that people can be so evil…. who would do such a thing.. i am thanking God in advance that this person would be caught and brought to justice..

Thumb up 2 Thumb down 0

September 30, 2012 5:21 pmPosted 1 year ago
    Anonymous

Kamala tapaus ja ei kuitenkaan ensimmäinen eikä varmaan viimeinen. Kuitenkin aivan ihanaa , että koiran pentu on nyt hyvässä hoidossa ja että pienokainen saa loppu elämäkseen hyvän ja rakastavaisen kodin. Kiitos teille , jotka olette pelastaneet pienen elämän alun.

Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

• October 5, 2012 1:14 amPosted 1 year ago
    aRomatherapy Mobile Pet Grooming

…could not be happier that this pup will have the life he deserves.

Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

• July 3, 2013 5:12 pmPosted 9 months ago
    Washington Redskins Nike Jerseys On Sale

Lately, I didnt give lots of thought to leaving responses on blog page posts and have placed feedback even less. Reading by means of your pleasant post, will help me to do so sometimes.

Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

• August 1, 2013 6:52 amPosted 8 months ago
    www.technodyneengg.in

Hola Amigo,Pasé por tu blog y me ha gustado. Esa fotografía me encantó, parece un cuadro cubista, la luminosisad es magnífica. Tienes arte. No dejes el blog, a mí me relaja del trabajo y de las preocupaciones.Un abrazo desde España

Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

• August 1, 2013 6:53 amPosted 8 months ago
    www.polyesterscreen.com

Ultrasound education could be observed in healthcare schools and instructing hospitals, as well as neighborhood colleges and universities. Future ultrasound technicians find out how you can operate professionally in a diagnostic imaging division. Furthermore to mastering to run the tools, students will even understand the way to retain patient records, put together function schedules, and consider equipment purchases.

Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

• August 1, 2013 3:00 pmPosted 8 months ago
    www.chippyjazz.org.uk

Great article. I never thought about the key benefits of disagreeing! Youre right though, that people rarely disagree in a very respectful way. If youre not respectful, chances are that your comment is not approved or deleted.

Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

• August 2, 2013 12:03 amPosted 8 months ago
    www.mountainbikeinstruction.co.uk

Hey just wanted to let you know that your content is very impressive, also Youre writing is wicked!, thanks again

Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0