Police rescue a puppy found buried alive

Police officers in Williston, Florida were disposing of evidence per a court order on Thursday when they heard a whimpering noise coming from underground. Officers located the origin of the whimpering and dug out a one-week-old puppy that was head-first in an eight-inch hole.

Luckily the dirt had not been packed down and the puppy managed to create an air pocket below the surface. Williston Police Chief Dennis Strow said, “It did not appear to me that the dog was very long in the hole, less than an hour would be my guess.”

The puppy is so young he can’t even open his eyes yet, because of this the clinic believes him to be around 7-days-old. Caretakers at Levy Animal Clinic have been bottle-feeding the puppy that they have named Tucker. One of the veterinarian technicians at the clinic has already adopted Tucker.

Officer Strow checked in on Tucker the morning after they found him and is pleased to report that Tucker is doing well. He is still disturbed by the find though, “What’s disturbing is that when you look at this fellow you ask, how can he be threatening to anyone?”

The police are still looking for the person who buried Tucker and Strow is determined to find them. “Somebody knows who did this. I guarantee we’re going to follow this one and prosecute whoever did this to the fullest extent of the law,” said Strow. Anyone with information is urged to contact the Williston Police Department at (352)528-4991.

Comments

1. Cheryl F says on  September 29, 2012 at 11:14 am

Unfortunately, the “fullest extent of the law” is never enough for these kinds of monsters.

• Wanda Schneider says on  February 10, 2015 at 7:43 pm

So true. These monsters don’t pay enough. They just figure they got away with something terrible but fun for them. Unfortunately, puppies are seldom born as a single. My question is WHERE IS THE REST of the litter, and THE MOTHER. From the looks of that pup there could be possibly up to nine other pups. The individual responsible needs to pay for all the lives he took, not just one. I’m surprised that the police officer didn’t look for the litter mates or the mother. They were probably buried in the same area.

2. Happy happy ending! Tucker is such an adorable pup.

3. Anonymous says on  September 29, 2012 at 1:05 pm

I hope they find the bastard & bury them alive!!!

4. Anonymous says on  September 29, 2012 at 1:58 pm

What’s wrong with people? Who would do this? Breaks my heart. This puppy looks a lot like my dog did as a puppy. He is the best dog ever. So glad he is adopted now. If he wasn’t I would :) I do hope they find this person that did this and if they don’t…karma will.

5. God forgive me but I surely believe there are people among us that don’t deserve the air the breath.

6. Anonymous says on  September 29, 2012 at 9:24 pm

Please find the SOB and bury him in a hole, an eye for an eye!!! Wackjob!!

7. Keeping you in my prayers sweet baby, hope they find the SOB, and bury him in a hole. Someone must know something, someone will churp.

8. With violent crime on the rise every day, I’m sure it’s hard to justify time spent, looking for a puppy abuser, almost murderer. But, the abuse always seem to start this way. First with small animals, then with larger animals – then with small children, adults and older adults. Please do whatever it takes to find this person/persons and prosecute them to the fullest. It makes me sick to think that our human race can stoop to the level it does, everyday, abusing animals, children. So happy Tucker has a chance for a happy life. I’m sure the abuser did not intend for this outcome to take place. What a despicable piece of humanity that did this, and I’m being very nice here.

9. Anonymous says on  September 30, 2012 at 8:46 am

it is so sad that people can be so evil…. who would do such a thing.. i am thanking God in advance that this person would be caught and brought to justice..

10. Anonymous says on  September 30, 2012 at 5:21 pm

Kamala tapaus ja ei kuitenkaan ensimmäinen eikä varmaan viimeinen. Kuitenkin aivan ihanaa , että koiran pentu on nyt hyvässä hoidossa ja että pienokainen saa loppu elämäkseen hyvän ja rakastavaisen kodin. Kiitos teille , jotka olette pelastaneet pienen elämän alun.

11. …could not be happier that this pup will have the life he deserves.

12. Lately, I didnt give lots of thought to leaving responses on blog page posts and have placed feedback even less. Reading by means of your pleasant post, will help me to do so sometimes.

13. Hola Amigo,Pasé por tu blog y me ha gustado. Esa fotografía me encantó, parece un cuadro cubista, la luminosisad es magnífica. Tienes arte. No dejes el blog, a mí me relaja del trabajo y de las preocupaciones.Un abrazo desde España

14. Ultrasound education could be observed in healthcare schools and instructing hospitals, as well as neighborhood colleges and universities. Future ultrasound technicians find out how you can operate professionally in a diagnostic imaging division. Furthermore to mastering to run the tools, students will even understand the way to retain patient records, put together function schedules, and consider equipment purchases.

15. Great article. I never thought about the key benefits of disagreeing! Youre right though, that people rarely disagree in a very respectful way. If youre not respectful, chances are that your comment is not approved or deleted.

16. Hey just wanted to let you know that your content is very impressive, also Youre writing is wicked!, thanks again