Animal Activists Campaigning To Help Boxer Owner

Last December Tim Iocoangeli’s four boxers were euthanized in a situation that outraged many. Now Iocoangeli is continuing to suffer as the county is fining him $15000 that he can’t afford to pay and if he does not pay it by June 14th he will face jail time.

Last April Iocoangeli and his family were not at home when two teenagers opened his front door. One of their boxers bit one of the teenagers. The dogs were taken into custody by the county and the four adult boxers were ordered to be euthanized without any assessment by a certified dog behavior expert. Iocoangeli was remorseful that the girl got bit but angered that the fact that the teenagers were trespassing on his property was ignored. “I am horrified about this,” he said. “But the thing is they’re just looking at the bit thing and not around it. Trespassing. They were never allowed in that house.”

In December all four dogs were euthanized and the county didn’t give Iocoangeli and his family an opportunity to even say goodbye. On top of losing their four dogs the county charged Iocoangeli with four counts of keeping a dangerous dog on his property. The court fined him $15,000. Iocoangeli can’t afford to pay the fine. He was badly injured in a car accident and is unable to work because of his injuries.

Denise Carey-Costa wants to help Iocoangeli and has started a fundraising campaign for what she calls “A huge miscarriage of justice and example of bullying the weak.” Iocoangeli will remain on probation until he pays the fine and if he is unable to pay it by June 14th then he will face jail time. A fundraising page has been set up for Iocoangeli.

Related posts

April 29, 2013 10:38 amPosted 1 year ago
    Becky Lamberth

I totally agree with you, why were they not charged with trepassing. They were clearly in the wrong, not the dogs, because they were inside their home not bothering a soul.

Thumb up 4 Thumb down 2

April 29, 2013 12:07 pmPosted 1 year ago
      Alex

Because she didn’t trespass. She was there with the owner’s son who opened the doors and the dogs ran out.

Thumb up 2 Thumb down 4

June 3, 2013 10:11 amPosted 1 year ago
        Mary

Alex the owners son was not there and his son was not the one who opened the door. His son’s friend opened the door to enter the home and his girlfriend is the one who got bite after running and screaming from the dogs.

Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

April 29, 2013 6:08 pmPosted 1 year ago
      Emily

Not true. See this news article:

The girl was there with the OWNER’S SON, who opened the door to get drinks and use the restroom. He told her to stay outside because the dogs were “mean”. She was bitten over 100 times, required three surgeries and spent ten days in the hospital. She was NOT trespassing.

Thumb up 3 Thumb down 2

April 29, 2013 10:39 amPosted 1 year ago
    Becky Lamberth

I totally agree with you, why were they not charged with trespassing. They were clearly in the wrong, not the dogs, because they were inside their home not bothering a soul.

Thumb up 3 Thumb down 2

April 29, 2013 10:46 amPosted 1 year ago
    Laurie Gulledge

This is the craziest thing I have heard today! This family lost 4family members due to the lawbreaking stupidity of some teenagers! Where is their punishment? They should be fined!

Thumb up 4 Thumb down 2

April 29, 2013 11:12 amPosted 1 year ago
    Cheryl F

The parents of the juvenile delinquent who trespassed should be paying the bill and the judge should be removed from the bench. This situation is appallingly wrong!

Woof woof! Thumb up 7 Thumb down 3

April 30, 2013 11:45 amPosted 1 year ago
      Anonymous

It was his own son who opened the door. No one was trespassing.

Read some real news – Life With Dogs is not reporting the truth.

Thumb up 2 Thumb down 0

April 29, 2013 11:13 amPosted 1 year ago
    Ana Teresa

The County should be charged of animal cruelty. what did the dogs do? if the teenagers did not trespass, they would not have been bitten by the dogs.

Thumb up 4 Thumb down 2

April 29, 2013 11:16 amPosted 1 year ago
    Julie

This is B.S. What a horrible county to live in. I feel like I want to write a nasty letter to them to tell them how much they S*ck as a county but it might hurt the man more with what I have to say. I would not be the least bit nice at all

Thumb up 2 Thumb down 3

April 29, 2013 11:37 amPosted 1 year ago
    SSB Pack

Can someone please refresh my memory as to what neanderthal county morons and state this occured in? This is not mentioned in the article anywhere.

So, let me see if I have this correct. No one can have a dog protecting their property from illegal entry? We just let anyone enter our property and take anything they want and WE must pay the consequences for protecting our own property and if our dog bites the person entering illegally the county will extort more money from us?

I signed the petition to save these dogs last December but was afraid to follow up as I was worried this backwards county would do exactly what they did. Where is the protection for the property owner. I guess if you shoot them with a gun that’s ok, that is allowable but if you dog protects against unauthorized entry that is different and requires to to pay a fine. Gee that makes a whole lot of sense. So where exactly do these country officials who wrote this genius law reside. Seeing as how illegal entry is the home owners problem

Woof woof! Thumb up 6 Thumb down 2

April 29, 2013 11:41 amPosted 1 year ago
      SSB Pack

Sorry, hit the send button too soon and made a lot typos. This story is maddening and I am having a really hard time trying to understand how this county got away with what looks like to me as a miscarriage of justice and extortion!

Thumb up 4 Thumb down 3

April 29, 2013 11:39 amPosted 1 year ago
    Pam

Life With Dogs: Why did you not research this story before you posted it? Almost every detail is WRONG. A quick google search proves that. Either clean up your act and post responsibly or lose some followers. You have riled up many people with this totally inaccurate story.

Here’s what really happened.

Woof woof! Thumb up 5 Thumb down 1

April 29, 2013 11:52 amPosted 1 year ago
      Alex

Everyone really needs to go to a real news site – Life With Dogs is not reporting this story responsibly. The girl did not trespass – she was there with the owner’s son in the front yard. He opened the door to his house to go inside and the dogs ran out and attacked the girl. She was bitten 200 times.

All these angry posts aimed at the girl are wrong – she did nothing wrong. If you need to be angry at someone, direct your anger at the owner.

Thumb up 3 Thumb down 1

April 29, 2013 4:34 pmPosted 1 year ago
        Catherine

Why would anger be directed at the owner? Dogs protecting property are doing their jobs. What should the dogs do when strangers open their door, offer valet service?

Thumb up 3 Thumb down 2

April 30, 2013 10:57 amPosted 1 year ago
          Anonymous

It wasn’t a stranger who opened the door, it was the owner’s teenage son. He first told the girl to stay outside because his dad’s dogs “are mean”. She stayed outside and the dogs ran out and attacked her.

I agree that is someone breaks into a home or actually trespasses and a dog attacks the dog is just doing what a dog does – protecting is territory. However that is not what happened here.

Well socialized, trained dogs don’t run out and mail people. If my dogs get out when I open the door or when nu family members open the door to my house, they dont attack people. They greet them or maybe bark a bit.

Sounds like theses dogs were not trained or socialized properly. So yes, the owner is at fault. Not the 15 year old girls that was NOT trespassing.

Thumb up 2 Thumb down 0

April 29, 2013 12:46 pmPosted 1 year ago
    DRock

Seems to me that only one side of the story is present here. I’m not biting (no pun intended).

Thumb up 2 Thumb down 1

April 29, 2013 4:29 pmPosted 1 year ago
    Catherine

I would sue the county, the city for not being able to protect me and my property from trespassers. I would sue the parents of the minor trespassers for the trouble, heartaches their children caused me and my family. Get a lawyer and let him have a field day with these people who caused you and your family so much grief. Turn the tables on them.

Thumb up 1 Thumb down 1

April 30, 2013 11:43 amPosted 1 year ago
      Anonymous

Read the real news coverage: the guy would be suing himself since it was his own son who opened the door letting the dogs out and they attacked the innocent girls. All these self righteous posters need to stop and read the real news before commenting about trespassing and other things that DID NOT HAPPEN.

Thumb up 2 Thumb down 0

May 3, 2013 6:42 amPosted 1 year ago
    Anonymous

This is Tim Iocoangeli my son did not open the door he was at the store with his. Girlfriend

Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

May 3, 2013 7:01 amPosted 1 year ago
    Anonymous

Just letting you know the people that are commit on my dogs saying my son open the spoor is wrong my son was at the store the kid that open the door is no longer with us he past away

Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

May 3, 2013 7:16 amPosted 1 year ago
    Anonymous

And. If you read the paper it says to teen where at the store or left it was was. My son and his girlfriend was at the store the girl that got bite was there with her boyfriend the girl that got bitten boyfriend said in court on the stand he did open the door

Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

• May 3, 2013 1:02 pmPosted 1 year ago
    Ernest

Those saying that the door was opened by Tim’s son are obviously the gang defending the fault of the girl and her boyfriend who opened the door – the guy named Andrew Elmore. Andrew opened the door and he admitted in court that he did. Soon afterwards, he died in a tragic accident. The constant reference to the news source is convenient to the defenders of the girl because media thoroughly distorted the facts to make the dogs look like a demons. Thanks to Life with Dogs that they have published this story and exposed the Monroe County’s viciousness.

Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

May 27, 2013 3:38 amPosted 1 year ago
    Anonymous

While it’s true that Tim’s son was at the store and it was the girl’s boyfriend who entered the home, the victim was the girl who was outside in the yard. She was an invited guest and when told not to actually enter the home”because the dogs were mean” she complied. The dogs were familiar with the boy entering (who was going to use the bathroom and get a drink) rushed past him and out the door to attack the young girl. Tim received a fair trial where actual evidence was presented and a judge followed the law to make his ruling. I believe he could have avoided much of the legal trouble he currently faces if he would have handled the situation differently. This girl almost died and has to live with the traumatic experience for the rest of her life. Hundreds and hundreds of people said terrible/disgusting things about her all over the internet because of an article by Ernest Dempsey filled with misinformation and blatant LIES. I believe Tim’s bad choices (and an IRRESPONSIBLE “news” article) made the situation even more difficult for this girl which is why Tim faces a harsher punishment. I’ve read that he’s lost everything, his home, job, health and now possibly his freedom. In my opinion, it’s called karma. Since he’ll have so much time to think about what he’s continued to put this girl through sitting in his cell, I hope he finally realizes that he is NOT the victim here and is truly sorry for dragging this poor girl through the mud. The initial attack by the dogs was in no way Tim’s fault. But the second attack through the media certainly was and I believe he deserves everything that comes his way.

Thumb up 1 Thumb down 0

May 31, 2013 8:30 amPosted 1 year ago
    aristido iacoangeli

I am tims uncle tim has passed away tues may 28,2013.tim was in deep depression. tim has lived with me the last eight months since he lost everything and had no were to go so iknow more than anybody how this injustice by the courts affected him . iwent with him to every court hearing and I have seen and heard some things that really bothed me. especially the last court appearance.the judge was telling tim what the amount of fines he had to pay or go to jail. tim told the judge that he was disabled due to auto accident.and had no money and loss of his job .tim walks with help of a cane.so this is what the judge said go pickup bottles and cans.iam 76 yrs old and I would never thought that a supposedly a honorable judge would say something like that. in closing I would like say to all the people that commented on this subject that sign their name anonymous if you don’t have enough guts to sign your name don’t comment at all.

Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0