On July 29, 2013, firefighters from Englewood, Col., saved a small dog that was trapped inside a house that caught on fire.
The fire started in the the kitchen of one of the duplexes in Adriatic Place. Five people and a cat were evacuated from the home, but the small dog remained trapped inside the house.
After fire rescuers had the blaze under control they went inside the house to rescue the dog.
The black dog weighed around 10 pounds and suffered from smoke inhalation. Once safe outside firefighters used pet oxygen masks they carry with them to save the life of the canine.
The dog made a full recovery and luckily the fire didn’t claim any lives.