Man Arrested After Surveillance Catches Him Throwing Puppies

The circle on the left shows the jogger.  The circle on the right is one of the puppies, mid-air.

The circle on the left shows the jogger. The circle on the right is one of the puppies, mid-air.

A 55-year-old jogger in southern Italy was arrested for animal abuse after he was caught throwing three puppies over a wall onto the ground below.

Unfortunately, the man’s identity has not been released, so the public cannot shame him yet, but his vicious act was caught by a surveillance video camera, enabling police to determine who he was.

Beginning at about three minutes into the video, we can (kind of) see a man jogging through the town of Lecce. Three puppies playfully chase after him. The man stops to scoop up one of the pups, and practically hammer throws him over a stone wall. The puppy, struggling to move, likely cries out and garners the attention of two adult dogs on the property, who immediately come bounding over and tend to the puppy.

The man waits for the second curious puppy to approach, and delivers the same violent treatment. He walks back in the direction he came, appearing to pet the third puppy. A minute later, he is back in the frame, with the unassuming puppy still tagging along. Back out of frame, the man grabs the puppy, walks back to the same area where he threw the other two, and launches the third.

The man reportedly told police he threw the dogs because they annoyed him while he jogged.

Though injured, the puppies survived, and are currently being cared for by the owner of the property onto which they were thrown.

Watch at your own risk.

Related posts

August 29, 2013 11:16 amPosted 11 months ago
    Julie

OMG. The most trusting creature on earth and this guy does this. I want to throw him into the wall.

Woof woof! Thumb up 8 Thumb down 0

August 29, 2013 12:35 pmPosted 11 months ago
    Anonymous

OMG.!! I can’t believe why he did it, !!!
    He’s a monster .!!

Woof woof! Thumb up 4 Thumb down 0

August 29, 2013 3:43 pmPosted 11 months ago
    Anonymous

As horrible as it was I’m doubtful that the police will do much to this worthless piece of crap. Looked like he threw the last puppy against that parked truck too. Hope the guy dies a slow death by fire ants.

Woof woof! Thumb up 13 Thumb down 0

August 29, 2013 6:10 pmPosted 11 months ago
    Muiris de Barra

He also through the 2nd Pup against the truck. I’m not a violent person, but I wouldn’t mind seeing him in a large catapult been thrown through the air

Woof woof! Thumb up 12 Thumb down 0

August 29, 2013 6:21 pmPosted 11 months ago
    Lori

I’d like to gab him by the ankles and toss HIM into that truck, three times!! Scumbag!

Woof woof! Thumb up 5 Thumb down 0

August 29, 2013 8:02 pmPosted 11 months ago
    Marianne Warren

Smile, you’re on candid camera! I hope they get this sob.

Thumb up 2 Thumb down 0

August 30, 2013 12:15 amPosted 11 months ago
    Nicolle

As so many people have said, this is just a horrible human being. :( But I want to commend the property owner who is now taking care of the puppies. Just because this person’s yard was the unfortunate location, didn’t mean they needed to take on three injured animals. So thank you for your compassion. And to your dogs as well, who clearly have more compassion that “man.”

Woof woof! Thumb up 6 Thumb down 0

• August 30, 2013 1:59 amPosted 11 months ago
    Gerry Rasmus aka KOTO

KOTO Keeper Of The Ocean Being a firm believer in “KARMA” It will bite him in the ass, so sorry for the pups, they have learned the hard way, not all humans are nice or caring, only out to please themselves at the coat of others. Heaven and Hell, are on Mother Earth, this waste of skin, is about to learn the difference.
    We get what we give…

Thumb up 3 Thumb down 0

August 30, 2013 2:34 amPosted 11 months ago
    Anonymous

I would like to see this man do a skydive without a parachute.

Woof woof! Thumb up 5 Thumb down 0

August 30, 2013 5:05 amPosted 11 months ago
    Anonymous

This is awful! I’m really speechless! I hope the police arrest him and put him in jail. I know,he would deserve a worse treatment but for once I just want to see law do something against this kind of people…it really is time they pay for crimes against animals because in Italy they usually don’t. And I’m saying this because I’m Italian myself.

Thumb up 1 Thumb down 0

August 30, 2013 10:10 amPosted 11 months ago
    Anonymous

Given how incompetent Italian police are, I seriously question if anything will happen to him.

Thumb up 1 Thumb down 0

August 30, 2013 11:58 amPosted 11 months ago
    Moira Galvin

Hang the bastard up by his balls…..

Woof woof! Thumb up 4 Thumb down 0