Family Offering Title of Their Stolen Car for Safe Return of Pug

dugout Last Thursday the Clark family’s beloved Pug, Dugout, was stolen along with the family’s SUV outside a recycling plant in Springfield, Missouri. Now the family is determined to get Dugout back, offering a $2,000 reward. The family is even willing to let the thieves keep the car, offering to give them the title in exchange for Dugout’s safe return.

Doug Clark went to McCoy’s Iron and Metal in Springfield, Missouri on Thursday to recycle his kid’s broken trampoline. When Clark needed to run into the plant’s office he left the engine running and the air conditioning going for Dugout.

Clark was only in the office for a few minutes, but as he walked out he saw his Nissan Pathfinder being driven away with Dugout still inside. The Clark family is devastated over the loss of Dugout and doing everything they can to bring him back.

“We are trying to reach as many people as we can to at least make everyone aware of what Dugout looked like and the location that he was taken from,” said Clark.

Flyers offering a $2,000 reward have been handed out and Dugout’s picture has been shared all over Facebook. Clark has even offered to give the thieves the title to his Nissan Pathfinder as long as the family gets Dugout back.

“I know it’s just a car, but man (and woman) that was my dog,” Clark wrote in his offer to give the title of the car. “You don’t mess with a guy’s dog.”

The thieves are believed to be a couple that had been ahead of Clark in the office. McCoy’s Iron and Metal requires customers to show an ID and handed the information over to police. Furthermore the couple was caught on surveillance cameras and that footage has been turned over to police. The police have not released the suspect’s information though.

September 5, 2013 11:10 amPosted 1 year ago
    Julie

If they have the ID why don’t the police go to the address on the ID and get this guys damn dog back. I would be so sick if this was my pug.

September 5, 2013 11:17 amPosted 1 year ago
    Mon

Hope they get these horrible people! But people, PLEASE leave your dogs at home!

I know that he left the air on and was only in there for a few minutes but with people selling dogs on Craig’s list nowadays – you have to be aware that anything can happen to your dog!

Obvisoulsy they love their dog and are heartsick about what they did, but everyone just needs to know that it isn’t the cars that people are going after today.

I pray they get Dugout back.

September 5, 2013 11:27 amPosted 1 year ago
    Cheryl F

Praying for his safe return, please let us know!

September 5, 2013 2:05 pmPosted 1 year ago
    Anonymous

I empathize with the owner, “You don’t mess with a guy’s/gal’s dog.” I went on a rampage just to get back our stolen dog, I’m normally mild mannered but boy did I show them that is not just a pet they took from our property. I learned my lesson though, constant vigilance with our dogs when they are lazing about outside. We make sure someone is with them keeping a lookout.

September 5, 2013 5:33 pmPosted 1 year ago
    sara

Another reason to have a chip & NEVER leave your dog alone in your car
    or anywhere alone.
    Pray hard & see him returned to you ASAP
    Many blessings

September 9, 2013 6:31 amPosted 1 year ago
    Anonymous

From Philippines with love, we have seven pugs, more or less 50 dogs. I always remind friends and visitors asked anything not just our dearest dogs theyre part of our daily life and they are a family. I know dugout will be home safe. Extend my best regards…