Today is Valentine’s Day but not everyone will be excited to celebrate LOVE. There are individuals who hate this day. Maybe they are single. Maybe they’ve never had a Valentine. Maybe they just think today is a stupid made up holiday. We want you to know that you don’t need to be in a relationship, be married or have met your human soul mate to enjoy this day. All you need today is a dog!
Sure a human partner can buy you flowers, chocolate and teddy bears, but that same person can say the wrong thing and ruin your day. Think along the lines of:
- You should never wear red, you’re better off wearing black because it slims you down.
- I didn’t buy you chocolate because I want you to lose a few pounds.
- Was I supposed to get you something?
If this is not enough to make you believe dogs are better Valentines than human partners, here are 10 reasons to make you a true believer:
- Your dog will not compare you to all of his or her previous Valentines. You are his one and only!
- You get all the love and none of the pressure.
- Dogs don’t mind when you look at other dogs.
- You don’t have to worry about whether or not they’ll get you a gift…You know for sure your pet won’t be buying you anything.
- There is no need to spend lots of money on a fancy diner in the hopes of getting a good night kiss. Your dog will lick your face at the end of the night no matter what.
- They are obviously better at cuddling than any human.
- They’ll kiss you regardless of your morning breath.
- Dogs don’t mind a little PDA to show you just how much they love you.
- You know you can bring them home to meet your Mom.
- Dogs love holding hands and taking long walks on the beach. Seriously!
So don’t hide today, don’t cry and definitely don’t post any anti-Valentine’s Day messages. Just call your dog and give him or her a big hug.
If you don’t have a dog go visit a friend who has one, or better yet, stop by your local shelter and adopt your very own forever Valentine.