Driver Rescues Puppy Tossed Out from Car Window

On June 20, 2014, a small puppy named Roady became homeless when his owners tossed him out a car window on a Boone County, West Virgina, county road. Luckily, another driver on that same road witnessed the cruel act, stopped to rescue the innocent dog, and chased the car from which the pet had been tossed.

Photo Credit: Brittany Gartin/Facebook
Photo Credit: Brittany Gartin/Facebook

That Good Samaritan was Brittany Gartin, and she didn’t stop chasing the vehicle until she was able get the license plate.

The heartless person who discarded Roady was driving a dark color Jeep, and when Gartin got close enough, she snapped a picture of the license plate and posted it on her Facebook page along the dog’s picture.

The Good Samaritan then headed to the nearest vet clinic to get the puppy checked. Fortunately, the small dog didn’t suffer any injuries.

Gartin’s picture went viral and the Boone Animal Rescue Coalition (B.A.R.C.) stepped up to care for Roady.

West Virginia State Troopers went on the hunt for the Jeep. They learned the car was a rental but they were able to get the name of the person responsible for the vehicle at the time of the incident. They are now looking for the animal abuser(s), and once arrested the person(s) will be charged with felony animal cruelty.

For now Roady is loved and cared by B.A.R.C, they hope to find him loving responsible owners soon.

To learn more about B.A.R.C. and Roady, go to facebook.com/BARCWV.

0 thoughts on “Driver Rescues Puppy Tossed Out from Car Window”

1. Thank You Brittany for saving this dog. This is heartless, they did not have to throw him out of the window. All they had to do was take him to a shelter, they would have taken him. Good Luck-Buddy.

2. I hope the Judge says “Were you born an asshole or did you just grow up and become one all by yourself?” Then dress him in an orange jumpsuit and have him work many, many community service hours at the area animal shelter, also fine him and post his picture in the local paper!!

3. What a nice dog — and with an obvious very sweet and trusting personality!!! I pray this doggie gets the just-right new owner(s) and a very happy adoption!!! Thank you for the great rescue work involved in this dog rescue!!!! Be blessed!!!!!

4. I just want to say that people who help animals like in this story are just awesome people. Thank you for being so kind to this little pup, you are a terrific person. Had I seen something like that I would have done the same thing. People can be so heartless and cruel, I just don’t understand it. Again thank you for your kindness and humanity.

5. In 2009 my granddaughter found a puppy on the mountain sitting in a bank of snow and brought it home.Her Dad let her keep it.It still lives with them.He is a very active dog and loves them.They now have 3 dogs.I have 2 very large dogs….they are babies(so they think)They cry when they don’t get there way.Wonderful watch dogs for an old lady.One loves kids and one is scared of small ones.This is there house,they have the run of it.I don’t let them go out side by them selves.Love my dogs.Kids are all grown.We have always had a dog.Just my 2 cents.

6. This person or persons, should be caught, and tied to a bumper of a car and dragged for at least 5 miles, then left on the road to die, like they wanted to do to the puppy.!!

• I totally agree with Animal Lover. Go ahead judge, make that horribly evil person(s) pay! I’m sick and tired of these disgusting people who abuse innocent pets. I pray for sweet Roady!

• I can’t take on more pets. I already have rescued, and dearly LOVE, 4 dogs and 2 cats but, please, whoever can take Roady, give him all the love he deserves! Thank you Brittany for doing the right thing.