Woman Arrested for Dog Death After Bragging on Facebook

7.25.13 - Dog Burner Brag2

A St. Louis woman was arrested after she bragged on Facebook about being “on killa mode,” and hash-tagging that “all dogs don’t go to heaven.”

The St. Louis Animal Cruelty Task Force said Adrienne Martin set fire to a three-year-old shepherd-terrier mix in the backyard of a home on the city’s north side on July 10th, and then posted on Facebook about what she had done.

The dog, dubbed Brownie, was discovered by his owner, who called police. It was initially reported in St. Louis that Martin was the owner, but a later Facebook post by the woman indicates that she was not.  It has been reported that the dog belonged to her sister.

Brownie was rescued from his tether of a short, heavy chain after having been severely burned and abandoned.  He was taken to Stray Rescue of St. Louis for medical treatment, but sadly died due to organ failure.

When I got the call he passed away, all I could do was cry and then pray for the strength to make sure justice is served,” said Randy Grim, founder of Stray Rescue. “This is one of the saddest and worst cases I have ever dealt with.”

7.25.13 - Dog Burner Brag6

7.25.13 - Dog Burner Brag7

7.25.13 - Dog Burner Brag8

That combination of arrogance and evilness is a volatile combination,” Grim noted. “We’re all safer with her behind bars.”

A $5,000 reward was being offered for information leading to the arrest and conviction of Brownie’s killer, but she made herself known by boasting about her heinous act. Though she initially denied having burned Brownie to police, she later admitted her horrific crime.

It has stricken our community to the core of our hearts, but I am inspired by how swiftly we have been able to respond to these awful cases,” Grim said. “Brownie deserves justice.”

Martin, who has a criminal history and was previously charged with endangering the welfare of a child, was charged with felony animal abuse and felony “knowingly burning” an animal.

We see a ton of abuse cases, far too many, but the way in which Brownie suffered really struck a nerve with everyone,” said Grim. “Our community is sick and tired of these horrific crimes, and they will not be tolerated.”

7.25.13 - Dog Burner Brag9

We will keep you updated on Brownie’s killer’s anticipated conviction and sentencing.

WARNING: The following images of Brownie are graphic and may be too disturbing for some to see.

7.25.13 - Dog Burner Brag3

7.25.13 - Dog Burner Brag4

7.25.13 - Dog Burner Brag5

7.25.13 - Dog Burner Brag10

183 thoughts on “Woman Arrested for Dog Death After Bragging on Facebook”

1. I really hope the Judge has enough freaken wisdom to see that this Beast is not normal in her mind & heart and that her soul is dark , I know there are a lot of Evil people in this world , but I pray that in the measure she has given that it will be given back to her. Lord knows what else she is capable of (its pretty damn obvious) ! :'(

2. This post really angers me as I have two dogs of my own who are part of my family and I treat like my kids. What a POS and low life of a human being. This person has some serious problems and needs to be put behind bars for a long time. If they were to do this to a poor defenseless animal who’s to say that they won’t do it to a person next. RIP Brownie.

3. I read these posts that are all emotional reactions to a truly horrible event. The innocence of the animal and what happened to it is inexcusable. In no way do I feel that what this woman did was ok. I have grown through my life with dogs accompanying me on my journeys and I have many great memories with all of them. As a husband it makes me happy that I have a wife that loves animals just as I do. We both raise our two boys to appreciate pets and to recognize the unconditional love that their dog gives us all and they love him as well. It hurts them to tears to see a person being mean. I guess I was raised that way too. But it doesn’t just hurt them to see a person being mean to an animal, maybe more people should remember when they felt sad to be so hateful. So judgmental. So ugly. Me and mine…? No I’m not perfect and neither are they. But you know? The way some of you talk? It makes me genuinely sad to see exactly how mean you are.

• Yeah, sorry. One should not be judgmental about a lifestyle or religion, but when someone does something like this, damn straight society has a right to judge them.

• Hi Mike , l understand, l,m an animal lover, have rescue dogs that have been abused, takes a long time and patience to get them over the affects, good dogs but often screwed up by simular type moronic owner-s, often neurotic and anxious loud noises, just dropping a pan, always a bit on the keen side for quite a time, and have to be watched with strangers, how theyve been trained, and abused, but there is also a good dog that loves and is happy with a life where theyre not kept locked in cages, sheds, go hungy, live in fear, they do in time trust and love a decent life, become happy dogs. l despise those who abuse them in usual ways, hitting and kicking, starving, training them to be aggressive, but to burn a dog severley to death, a sick phyco, shouldnt have kids or pets, thousands like her tragicially. l guess many respond in the way its often normal to respond for them, as even heard on tv film, no doubt the way she would have responded, hopefully in most cases it is just letting off steam, and most are not the same sort of phyco she is. Wont go down that road of, poke her eyes out, kick her head in, rape her, torture her to death, we,d be in the same league, but a year in jail, with her kids taken into care, with neither her or her sister who l question over her care, are ever allowed to keep any animal again, and please media dontpay them for their story, dont reward corruption and cruelty.

4. All dogs go to Heaven Miss Martin,You have taken the life of an innocent animal in one of the cruelest manners..God and Karma will handle it..I can just see Brownie now..Wagging his tail and thinking..Not all humans go to Heaven..Thank God! Heaven does not want animal abusers any where near The Rainbow Bridge..Brownie..Peace,Love and Light to you baby..Not all humans abuse..I Wish You Could have Known Love..You did for a brief moment when they tried to save you and comfort you..Run free Brownie..You are Loved..(((HUGS)))

• Thanks for lovely decent sentiments, very sad, no animal deserves the cruelty and abuse we humans inflict on them as a way of life in mass numbers, hope your right, l like to think so, over my pets that have died of old age after a good life, and of course those that had a short life of abuse and suffering. Poor animals.

5. There is a special place reserved in Hell for people who torture/kill animals, children, and the elderly.

6. What the hell has happened to Humanity. This woman (and I use the term loosely) is a horrible representation of a human being. She deserves the most severe punishment that we can give her. We have no place in our society for such evil!!!!