The Saturday Pet Blogger Hop/Dog Bites Shark

Welcome back to the weekend and another great big, action packed blog hop. Our local forecast is calling for days of near perfect weather, so we’re preparing for a weekend of outdoor fun. What do you have planned? Maybe a trip to the beach is in order…just avoid the beach in this video below – we want you back for next weekend’s blog hop!

There are two very brave nutter dogs in this clip. So why is only one dog visible in the picture? That’s because the other dog is too busy underwater, kicking some shark tail…really.

Saturday Pet Blogger Hop

Happy Saturday, and welcome to another installment of the Saturday Pet Blogger Hop! You’ve found the right place to connect with other pet lovers. Whether you are a seasoned blogger, one who loves reading pet blogs, or if you’re just thinking about starting your own blog – there is definitely something here for you. Acquaint yourself and enjoy – this is your resource, so use it as you see fit! Of course, you have to follow the rules, so let’s get to that. Get those links in and have fun.

• Link up your pet blog name and URL using the Linky Tool below. You only need to add your link once to be seen on all the Saturday Pet Blogger Blog Hop Linky Tools for that week. Note that if your blog is not pet related your link will be removed. Also note that only one post per blog is acceptable, and links promoting giveaways that are unrelated to the pet blogger hop will be removed. This is a community building exercise and not a promotional vehicle – please treat it as such.
  • Grab the “Saturday Pet Blogger Blog Hop” button on the right hand side of this site and include it in your Saturday Blog hop post so that your readers will know what is going on. *Note – posting is optional. Feel free to just link and follow.
  • Follow your co-hosts listed in the first 3 slots of the Linky Tool.
  • Follow as many other blogs on the linky as you’d like.
  • Take a moment to comment on the blogs telling them you’re from the blog hop.
  • Follow back when you get a new follower through the Saturday Pet Blogger Hop.
  • Make friends and grow. ♥

*note – if your blog is hosted on WordPress please use this alternate code that will work without javascript.

1. Now that’s one crazy, fearless dog! He didn’t even act like anything was out of the ordinary, either!

2. Chester's mom says on  07/16/2011 at 10:15 am

Been there, did that…..only mine was a blue camouflaged shark. I’m sure it’s not much different. ;0=)

3. Chester says on  07/16/2011 at 10:15 am

That comment above was supposed to be from me, not Mom. Geesh.

4. Yvonne says on  07/16/2011 at 11:23 am

Just know dogs in the water and the splashing will attract sharks…. * just a notice

5. Sharon says on  07/16/2011 at 11:23 am

That was amazing…the dog going under the water to bite a shark!

6. Peggy says on  07/16/2011 at 11:24 am

Go, dog, go! 😀 “Shark eats dog” would be my dog’s title. He’s bite size for a guppy, let alone a shark!

7. Brave dog !!!

8. Janis says on  07/16/2011 at 11:26 am

Uhhhh, wasn’t the owner worried that the shark would bite BACK??? Jeez.

9. Freaky, but what stands out to me is what sort of owner would put their dogs in danger like that??? Sorry, just saying :(

10. Dang, that’s impressive!

11. Alicia says on  07/16/2011 at 11:27 am

12. Hard to say – sounds like the videographer happened upon it…

13. Alicia says on  07/16/2011 at 11:29 am

14. Same here. 😉

15. Eva says on  07/16/2011 at 11:29 am

I’m not a big fan of letting dogs harass wildlife.

16. Kim says on  07/16/2011 at 11:31 am

Not watching.

17. Alicia says on  07/16/2011 at 11:32 am

18. Mandi says on  07/16/2011 at 11:33 am

Hey Eva, why did you change your comment from ‘animals’ to ‘dogs’? *rolls eyes*

19. Mandi says on  07/16/2011 at 11:35 am

For all we know, those dogs do not have any owners to begin with, and live freely along the shoreline anyway.. Making them wildlife as well!

20. Eva says on  07/16/2011 at 11:40 am

Mandi, I meant domestic animals such as dogs.

21. Eva says on  07/16/2011 at 11:40 am

There is no reason to be rude to one another.

22. Amy says on  07/16/2011 at 11:42 am

Totally irresponsible owners!

23. I dont think these dogs belonged to the person shooting the vid. he seems surprised that the dogs are even in the water with the sharks. Probably two stray or street dogs who have a beef with sharks. Either way it was an interesting and slightly scarey vid.

24. Heather says on  07/16/2011 at 11:44 am

wow ~ to bad we didn’t know the whole story.

25. Charlene says on  07/16/2011 at 11:44 am

…or dumbest?

26. Joon says on  07/16/2011 at 11:44 am

why put the dogs in such danger when there were a few sharks in shallow waters and one that had seemingly washed ashore?

27. Mary says on  07/16/2011 at 11:45 am

Why are they letting the dogs swim near the sharks, they are not afraid the sharks will kill the dogs ? I wouldn’t let my dog do that, I love her too much to act recklessly with her life

• Obviously, these dogs are tough, like me! I’m and American snorkie, but these dogs from down under pretty tough! It figures that they’d want to be masters of land AND sea! However, I think my mom would lock me in a closet before she’d put me in water with sharks. My mom’s pretty tough too! I’d want to get out there and “swim with the sharks” and maybe bite one too, but I doubt I’d be allowed in shark infested waters. Rats! Oh well. I’ll just have to keep my squirrels in line!

28. Eva says on  07/16/2011 at 11:52 am

It is hard to sum up the effect of domestic pets and feral animals on wildlife in a short paragraph but it is a good idea to keep pets at a safe from wildlife.

29. Guadalupe says on  07/16/2011 at 11:53 am

it might be just me, but if I saw *a* dog (s) swimming in shark infested shallow waters (there were several sharks in there), I would at least whistle and yell “here doggy, doggy” to try to get it out of a potentially fatal situation. If it were *MY* dog, I would most certainly not be filming and laughing. I’d probably be yelling for help, yelling at the dog, yelling at all humans and running like crazy. And if I got really into it, I might even try to go in there and get my dog. That’s just me.

30. That’s funny.

31. Warning: Don’t try this at home!

32. This video certainly has made the rounds this week. For folks like me from Florida, it’s rather scary. New Smyrna Beach, our closest oceanfront destination, happens to have had a surge in sightings of sharks in shallow water swimming areas. The Gulf Stream runs close to our shore here and this may bring them nearer to the beach in search of food. We’re avoiding this swimming opportunity in an effort to assure it will never be my dogs that becomes that prey.

33. Anonymous says on  09/03/2011 at 7:19 pm

Dugongs are protected animals , or didnt you idiots realise ….. cruel sadistid wankers …….

34. Anonymous says on  09/03/2011 at 7:20 pm

Yes they are …. I hope someone was notified about this and that they were reported to the authorities …