Sonya, the Google Maps Stray Dog Rescue

Eldad Hagar of the LA, CA organization Hope For Paws rescued Sonya, who could be spotted on the street view at Google maps, on the street where she had been living on her own for years.

Comments

1. Poor Sonya. I can only imagine what she has been through during her time living on the streets like that. Thank God for Patrick and Jennifer, and for Hope for Paws, for saving this beautiful dog.

2. Tracey says on  August 29, 2012 at 10:48 pm

I can’t believe that people would walk by and see the dog and do nothing. It took people on Google to save her. God bless those that saved her. They have a special place in Heaven. Good job to the people who saved her!

3. julielani says on  August 29, 2012 at 10:51 pm

DOes anyone know if Sonya has been adopted ? I try to go to Karma Rescue but she was not one of the adoptable dogs. Love to know what becomes of her

• nellybly53 says on  September 13, 2012 at 7:23 pm

Karma Rescue is not where Sonya is…she is at HopeforPaws.org. I also hope she is adopted — she’s adorable.

4. Doglover68 says on  August 30, 2012 at 12:29 pm

Thank you wonderful people for saving this poor baby. I would do the same thing for a doggie.

5. God bless everybody who had a hand in rescuing this wonderful sweet dog. I hope she finds a forever home very soon!! She deserves a lot of love.

6. Anonymous says on  August 30, 2012 at 5:19 pm

Has she found a home? Please let us know.

7. Anonymous says on  September 1, 2012 at 7:23 pm

Someone please adopt her, & give her a good home w/lots of love…please let us know that she is finally “safe”.

8. Anonymous says on  September 2, 2012 at 7:46 pm

Once again thank you Eldad for all that you do for the animals but shame on that shop owner who saw her out there for 10 YEARS and did nothing to help her.

9. A very sad story with a wonderful ending. Thank you for saving Sonya, I am sure someone will take her in and make both their lives very happy. Sonya deserves the rest of her life to be showered with love after such neglect. Please advise if she has found her forever home.

10. I have been browsing on-line more than 3 hours as of late, yet I by no means found any attention-grabbing article like yours. It is lovely worth sufficient for me. In my view, if all website owners and bloggers made just right content as you did, the internet might be much more useful than ever before.

11. Awesome website, thanks for sharing !!

12. Sonya Krueger says on  April 3, 2015 at 12:25 am

I feel I have a namesake. How is she doing?