A Boy and His Dog: 2 1/2 Years in Photos

Submitted just five days ago, reddit user bleed-black’s post called “My son and dog’s 2 1/2 year friendship” has already received about 130,000 views.  Posted below are many of the photos from this post, chronicling the dog and baby’s budding friendship.

7.21.13 - Boy and His Dog1

7.21.13 - Boy and His Dog17

7.21.13 - Boy and His Dog18

7.21.13 - Boy and His Dog19

Related posts

July 21, 2013 9:04 amPosted 1 year ago
    k-MAE

Awesome pictures & wonderful story! I hope the boy & his dog have many wonderful years together!

July 21, 2013 11:45 amPosted 1 year ago

Very heartwarming, nice pictures

July 21, 2013 11:52 amPosted 1 year ago
    Karen

Its good to know there are intelligent people out there who know how to train their dog and child, to live a harmonious life together. This child will know compassion for animals and that they are not a throw away commodity!

July 24, 2013 7:21 amPosted 1 year ago
      Anonymous

Well said Karen. My sentiments exactly!!

July 21, 2013 12:15 pmPosted 1 year ago
    Anonymous

Beautifully heartwarming, boy and his best friend.

July 21, 2013 7:38 pmPosted 1 year ago
    Gentry

My boys (9 and 10) have grown up with dogs in the house. One of our dogs of 11 1/2 years passed away suddenly of a heart attack on Wednesday. We are mourning the loss of our best friend and companion. She was a Gentle Spirit, a Kind Companion, a Best Friend, a Protector and she was SO Very Good. The 11 1/2 years we had with her is worth the mourning we are going through now, but it’s still not easy. We were blessed to have called her our friend, we will cherish the memories we had with her. YOUR story in pictures of your precious little boy is beautiful, I love the fact that you let them play and love on one another. He is lucky to have that canine friend. I can tell your doggy adores him too. <3 :)

July 21, 2013 10:45 pmPosted 1 year ago
    Anonymous

Simply: Thank you for posting this.

July 21, 2013 11:12 pmPosted 1 year ago
    Nargis khan

Beautiful

July 22, 2013 7:52 amPosted 1 year ago
    Anonymous

i love the pic of your lil boy and his best friend, it is great that you let them be together like this, i lost my lil buddy to cancer last yr and he seen most of my grandkids born and two of them were never able to be around him cause the moms my daughters didnt want him to slobber on them, well i hate to say it but they caused them to miss out on a love that was so true, my lil grandson with autisum poured his self on him and his mom loved it, and he knows the love of a bullldog. it hurt me the others was like that but its ok, i love my bully slobbers. id give my rt arm to have my best friend back today.

July 22, 2013 2:01 pmPosted 1 year ago
    virusgal

July 24, 2013 8:33 pmPosted 1 year ago
      Dwayne

There always has to be a douche

August 8, 2013 2:27 pmPosted 1 year ago
      Mon

Oh Lord, Debbie Downer. I knew even before I read the comments that SOMEONE would make a post like this.

Get real – do you think EVERYDOG is going to bite?

We had a boxer for many many many years and our kids pushed, pulled, crawled, layed on him and NEVER did he bite!

Enjoy the pictures and lighten up!

August 21, 2013 7:07 pmPosted 1 year ago
      Anonymous

Thank you for being realistic! Great comment

July 23, 2013 10:06 amPosted 1 year ago

So cute :)

July 25, 2013 12:29 amPosted 1 year ago
    Blondie

My Great Dane let my little boy crawl all over her and she would have died protecting him. The only time she ever growled or showed her teeth was when she thought someone or something was threatening my son in some way. We were always careful with him around her. But he was HER baby. He is grown now and will tell you that he never had a better friend than HIS Lizzie.

So virusgal, get your facts together before being holier than thou.

August 2, 2013 9:12 pmPosted 1 year ago
    Anonymous

There is nothing like the love you receive from a dog, unconditional love. Thank you for sharing these photos, that are beautiful!

August 7, 2013 10:33 amPosted 1 year ago
    Raúl

Un ejemplo para el mundo de respeto, amor, lealtad y nobleza por ambas partes, da esperanzas comprobar que hay personas que saben educar a sus hijos en estos principios, estoy que ellos conseguirán para si mismos un mundo mejor, FELICIDADES.

August 9, 2013 8:03 pmPosted 1 year ago
    Anonymous

Really!! No wonder your name is Virusgal… Every dog should be so loved. I’m sure the dog loves the attention. OYYY!

August 12, 2013 7:22 amPosted 1 year ago
    Anonymous

The dog looks relaxed and happy in every picture. This is a loving relationship for the both.

August 14, 2013 12:26 amPosted 1 year ago
    Anonymous

Love it! My baby girl loves her pups too!

August 21, 2013 6:56 pmPosted 1 year ago
    August 21, 2013 7:03 pmPosted 1 year ago
    Anonymous

Most realistic comment bears repeating if not only for the simple fact that it is exactly what many animal behavior professionals would recommend: This child may very well love the dog. However the behavior that i see in these pictures, while cute and endearing to some, are a recipe for disaster. A child should not be allowed to crawl all over a dog and sit on his back like the dog is a horse. The child needs to be taught how to pet a dog nicely and respect the dog’s space. I hope that the parents are aware of stress signals in a dog to avoid a tragedy. Love can be shown in ways other than allowing a child to maul a dog. Should the dog respond to this behavior with a stress bite, it’s the dog who will lose his life.