Finding the right pet food can be difficult and time-consuming. On your search, you’ve come upon Nutro pet food, and you want to know if it’s good food for your dog. We have an answer to your question, and we will make sure that you have plenty of information to use when it comes down to deciding if Nutro dog food is best for your four-legged friend.
Nutro dog food is one of the more popular boutique dog food brands that can be found on the market. Nutro only uses natural ingredients to provide safer, healthier, and tastier food for your dogs. All ingredients have been added to provide superior nutrition to all dogs.
All of their dog food brands are preserved using natural Vitamin E, which keeps their formulas completely chemical free and natural. Nutro has been around for more than 90 years, and they have adhered to their mission of providing high-quality and safe food that aids in supporting the happiness and health of your pet.
Nutro features a wide range of dog food products. The primary ingredient in all of their recipes is a real meat source, and they don’t contain any fillers, animal-by-product meat, preservatives, or artificial flavors. Dog owners will love that they avoid using artificial products and fillers, instead opting for natural ingredients.
Nutro is ideal for dogs who have sensitive skin, because their formulas include patented combinations of zinc, linoleic acid, B vitamins, and it features a great source of omega-6 fatty acid. Plus, Nutro offers a money-back guarantee on all of their products if you don’t see results – how great is that?
Their product line includes:
- Life & Weight Management
- Natural Life
- Limited Ingredient
- Farm’s Harvest
- Wild Frontier
- High Endurance
Nutro offers dog food for all stages of life, breed size, and a variety of scientifically-formulated recipes to meet specific health needs for your pet. Before purchasing a brand from Nutro, do some research about each of their products so that you know which one is best for your dog and its needs. For instance, if you’re struggling to help your dog maintain a healthy weight, then you might want to consider going with the Life & Weight Management product.
The ingredient list of Nutro dog food is average in terms of what is excluded and included. The ingredients that are listed in Nutro dog food is as follows: brown rice, chicken meal, ground rice, raw chicken, chicken fat, rice bran, salmon meat, lamb meal, and flaxseed.
Rice is an easy enough food for your dog to digest, but it doesn’t bring much nutritional value to your dog overall. So, while Nutro might say that their first ingredient is raw chicken – which ends up getting broken down while cooking – it’s not true, rice should be listed as the first ingredient given that it’s the 3 of the first five ingredients.
Another shock is the lack of actual natural ingredients, except for the use of flaxseed. However, with flaxseed on the lower end of the list of ingredients, it’s safe to say that it most likely doesn’t add much nutritional value to the dog food since ingredients are listed from top to bottom in order of how much of that ingredient is used in the recipe.
- Some customers have been feeding their dog Nutro food for over ten years, that speaks volumes to the quality of the food
- Dogs love the taste and texture of the food, which makes it easier to switch over to the new food
- Even with the weight management brand of Nutro, dogs still love the taste and don’t seem to be bothered by the fact that the recipes are designed to reduce obesity
- Nutro prides itself on being a holistic pet food brand, so they only use natural ingredients to avoid fillers and artificial preservatives and flavors
- Nutro food is great for pets who have allergies or sensitivities because it avoids foods that cause allergies
- Each mouthful of food is full of essential vitamins and minerals that are essential to your dog’s needs, including zinc proteinate and folic acid
- The holistic aspect of Nutro means that it helps with your dog’s digestion and is easy for them to digest
- Can be found in pet stores and online at retailers such as Chewy.com
- Nutro dog food price ranges from $47-50, which makes it one of the cheaper holistic dog food brands
- Nutro uses beet pulp as an ingredient; it is believed that beet pulp does nothing helpful for your pet and is just an inexpensive filler.
- There have been some formula changes recently, and some dog owners have found that the new changes are off-putting to some pets
- Nutro food doesn’t contain any probiotics; this is a big deal considering that the brand claims to be holistic and probiotics aid in digestion and digestive health
Nutro dog food has been around for over 90 years, so it makes sense that they would have a recall. The only recall record for Nutro came from 2009 when there was a recall because, during production, they found small melted pieces of plastic in the food. They released an announcement and came forth explaining the problem and that they wouldn’t be releasing that batch of food. However, three cases ended up making it into the store, but Nutro had them pulled right away.
Nutro dog food is a brand that has good quality dog food recipes to give to your pet. The ingredients are average compared to other food recipes, but the brand is well trusted and has been around for decades. Nutro also prides itself on being able to produce recipes for every dog, no matter the age, breed, or medical issues they might have. Therefore, it’s safe to say that Nutro is a great dog food to feed to your pet.
Head on over to Chewy.com to purchase your dog’s first bag of delicious dog food that will leave your dog wanting more!