0 thoughts on “Dog Rescuer Facing Charges”

1. I agree with what she is doing 150%! Too many people pay slavish obedience to laws and “policies” that are just plain wrong. Why? Because they were hammered into square little boxes by teachers, parents, and peers and are too timid to take a single step outside the lines.

Unfortunately, that’s the way government of most countries like it and try to keep it.

2. This woman and her band of merry thieves have stolen dogs out of peoples yards and then sold them on their rescue”website”!!! How could anyone in their right mind agree with this? If your dog was stolen from your yard because you let it out to run around for a half hour every day then you would not agree with this woman!

The sympathy she is getting in the media is outrageous! I let my dog out in the morning and he runs around in our fully fenced yard for at least an hour or so before he wants in. If this lady ever came into my yard and stole my dog, I would want her charged with theft!

Where is the proof that these dogs were being abused? And if they were, where is the proof that she called the SPCA and complained? How many times did she call the SPCA and complain and nothing was done? There is no proof because it did not happen. She thinks she is GOD and takes matters in her own hands, dresses up in uniforms and steals dogs to sell on her own website. Sounds like a rotten, dirty thief to me and not a rescuer at all.

If these women are not convicted of theft then I guess it’s ok for anyone to walk onto someone’s property and take any animal they see fit and sell it? “Oh, I think my neighbour is not walking his dog enough, I best just steal it and sell it!”

• Pamela – I don’t know what you don’t understand about this. Did she or the article say that she comes into FENCED yards and steals dogs????? Did I miss this? And selling the dogs? Do you have proof of this? This is some pretty harsh accusations your saying.

It clearly showed TWO dogs, tethered on a chain, a SMALL chain I might add. And for a very long time from the looks of the yard. Do you think this is acceptable? Do these dogs deserve this kind of life?

No one should own a dog that has to put it on a chain. Proper dog ownership means having the means and resources for the dog. This is JUST my opinion and I will get alot of slack for that. Dogs on chains are stressed and BITE and then the owners get sued and wonder why.

I commend this lady.

• Why isn’t she filing charges against these people?.The look of yards has no relevance to how they are cared for .Just because they are on a rope is no reason to think the are being abused if they have adequate water & food,Not everyone can be around 24/7.Being outside is how many dogs want to be.My huskies HATED to be inside .

• Peter, did you not listen to or even understand the clip? Yes you CAN tell how tethered dogs are being treated. No food, no water, emaciation, sores, aggression…the list goes on and on. The chained dogs in this clip had all of those issues and more.

I’m not talking about a dog in a fenced yard or even one tethered for short periods of time. I’m talking about abuse cases, which, clearly these are.

While I don’t condone stealing peoples’ dogs from their property, if all other legal options have been exhausted, then I would do it, too. I will NOT stand by and watch a dog suffer.

• Pamela, have you indeed confirmed your allegations? Perhaps you should do some research before you accuse someone of helping..perhaps your emtions are getting in the way – which happens with all of us….JUST research before you open your mouth.
      BGP

• What are you talking about? Did you read the same story I did? Take another look at the facts, please.

• Gee Pamela, get your head out of your ass! People must take a stand against cruelty to animals. Canada has passed laws about animals being sentient beings, ergo, if the owner is a putz then there should be the SPCA. When the SPCA doesn’t seem to know what the Acts are surrounding animal cruelty, there must be people to step up to the plate.

You seem to know that your dogs need to be in their own yard and let out and back in. How many people don’t want their dogs in the house because they are not trained, make messes and cause disruption and ruin household furnishings. There are people out there that are just stupid and don’t know anything about being the leader of the pack. Thank goodness you are not one of these people, Pamela, but you are just a small fish in a larger ocean.

Do your research and become aware of animal cruelty in all its forms before you speak out … thank goodness for Janet Olsen! Remember, Pamela, you are the animal’s voice. Speak out against abuse.

• i agree with you pamela i said the same thing my dog is put outside in a kennel and on a tether all day but she isnt cruely treated

3. Unfortunately what Jan Olsen has done now makes the rest of us rescuers look like jokes. We are NOT in rescue to steal dogs, plain and simple. Breaking the law is breaking the law. What Jan SHOULD have been doing was trying to change the laws instead of stealing dogs (and YES there were incidents where the dogs were not abused or mistreated and were simply left in the yard on a sunny afternoon). She didn’t start this tirade of “let’s change the laws” until she got caught and then it was a tactic to divert attention off herself. That is RIDICULOUS. As rescuers we work hard to try and change the laws and they are slowly changing, it’s a shame that it’s not faster but that is life. We all care about dogs that are abused as much as Jan did, difference is we find ethical, moral and LEGAL ways to help these dogs. What Jan did was NOT right by any means, she IS a criminal.

4. I tip my hat to this lady and the efforts she puts into saving animals. I do not believe that she makes rescuers look like jokes. I believe we do need better laws to protect animals. How many animals need to suffer before we get the laws changed! Do I believe she was out stealing dogs to sell them on her rescue site? Most definately not have you seen how many free ads in newspapers and on kijji for animals? I wish the world had a few more people like this lady and I am quite sure many animals would agree.

5. This lady is bringing attention to the need for updating antiquated laws and I applaud her for that. Although I don’t agree with her method of taking dogs I understand and have been in the situation myself where I would have liked to relieve a dog of its deplorable living conditions.

6. If the appropriate authorities don’t do it, I would gladly do it. Would hate to go to jail but standing up for what you believe in, especially animal or human rights, is important.