Craigslist Ad: Lost and Found and Never Going Back

You may bump into this Craigslist ad in your internet travels – it’s proving rather popular. I’d love to high five the author, and would be even happier to take credit for writing it. Instead, I’m just going to read it a few more times and appreciate the sentiment.

lubbock craigslist > community > pets
2 DOGS (PETS)
Date: 2010-06-02, 2:02PM CDT
Reply to: see below

You aren’t looking for them, but I found your 2 dogs

Sigh. No one is looking for these guys. And I see why.

They hump everything in sight, try to dominate our old doggies, try to
eat our cats and pee on everything and bark at everything. Neurotic,
lick constantly. They know no commands, either in English or Spanish.
They are aggressive and most likely lived in a puppy mill.

You dumped them, probably, and we picked them up before they were killed
by traffic. Unneutered, no tags, two small males under a year old.

I hate you, person who dumped these dogs.

There are no lost ads on phone poles, no lost ad on Craig’s list, no
lost ad in the paper.

We put signs up all over, put a found notice in at the local pounds. If
you were looking for these filthy little ragamuffins, you would have
found them.

We are afraid to take them to the pound because under stress, your dogs
were snappy and horribly afraid, and dogs are judged by temperament for
adoption placement. They would not have passed that test.

However…

They are, under their filth, mats and horrible habits, adorable.

They have learned “Quiet,” “Come,” “Sit.”

They have stopped being so neurotic and we have broken most of their bad
habits in just a few days.

They are smart and sweet and are looking for guidance and WANT to be
good little dogs.

One is a purebred little white and buff guy with an under bite, the
other is a brown little dog that looks almost exactly like a miniature
version of a larger breed dog. They know each other and were obviously
(by the same bad habits) raised (poorly) together.

We will get them neutered, train them and get them into a good, loving
home with people who use the brains God gave them.

If these are your dogs, come on by. Not so you can have them back. So I
can kick your ass.

* Location: PETS
* it’s NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1771798180

Life With Dogs post end paw print

36 thoughts on “Craigslist Ad: Lost and Found and Never Going Back”

1. Do it! If you can provide decent homes for them, I hope you do save them! Before these poor dogs get hurt, or some idiot claims she bit somebody!

2. Nico – do it. Or at least feed her. Or call Animal Control. Shameful of the owners.

Hooray for this ad. 🙂

3. This is great!! I had a similar experience, found a pure breed Bernese Mountain Dog (already had two dogs of my own)looked everywhere for the owner with no luck. He was obviously beaten in the past and was terribly afraid. I have had him for a year now and I love him to death, he still has some fear issues but has come a long way. Why do people even bother to get dogs if they aren’t going to care for them?

4. Wow!! It is so wonderful to hear of the good people out there that come to the rescue of those that can’t defend themselves. Early one morning I spotted 2 german shepherds coming down our street, covered in cactus needles, and I mean covered, mouth, tong, everywhere (desert living). The poor babys were clearly in pain and had every right to be nasty but were sooooo sweet. Brought them in and started the calls to vets trying to find the owner and when he showed up to get them they were so scared to see him one of them peed and neither wanted to leave with him! When I saw this I tried to let him know if it was not working for him we would love to have the dogs. Poor things, oh he came to pick them up in a 2 seater bmw – nice fit, crammed them in, could have cared less if the door closed on their tails and left without so much as a thank you. I made sure the neighbors knew and it was definitely agreed if the dogs were found roaming again – that was one reunion that was not going to happen a second time!

5. That was just wonderful! I can totally relate to this person! There is not a day that went by while foster those three puppies that I didn’t wish to throttle the person whom dumped them and the back yard breeder if in fact they were not the ones who dumped them.

6. After you are done kicking their ass (or pleural), send them my way so I can have my turn!
    God bless these 2 precious souls!