Dog in Hot Car Lands Good Samaritan in Hot Water

Would you intervene if you saw a dog locked inside a hot car? One Wichita woman did just that in a busy shopping center parking lot – and now she may face legal troubles for doing so.

11 thoughts on “Dog in Hot Car Lands Good Samaritan in Hot Water”

1. Just a little while back a complete stranger asked me to watch her dog so she could run in the grocery store. It was June in Texas and the temperature outside was already in 90s. She said that she did not want to leave the dog in the hot car because it was her baby and she also said that she knew that she could get arrested. I did watch the dog I walked it around in the shade and sat under the patio at a table with it until she came out. She thanked me for not stealing her dog and I thanked her for not leaving it in a hot car. The owner at the Target store should at least get a warning ticket. I can’t believe some people can be so stupid. The news forcasters are always telling people not to leave kids and live animals locked in cars in hot weather. What was the owner thinking?

2. How stupid do you have to be to leave your dog in your car when it is 98 degrees!!! The woman who took the dog for safe keeping until the police arrived is a hero!!! Thank you who ever you are:-)

3. I think this woman is a bit of an idiot. What she should have done was call the cops immediately when she saw the dog in the car. It is too little too late, to grab the dog when the owner came back. What on earth was she thinking? Having said that, as a dog owner the seemingly endless stories of morons who cannot just leave their dogs at home when they run errands is mind boggling. I assume these people have homes, why do they feel compelled to bring their dogs to places dogs are not allowed, and must be left in baking hot cars? STUPID.

4. The only time my dogs are in the car with me is if I go to a convenience store by my house here to get gas or milk or something quick. Even then, this store has large coverings along the side and under the gas pumps so at least my dogs are not in the direct heat!!!! This lad did nothing wrong; the dog jumped OUT of the car and ran to her; I would have called the police too, just as I did about 10 years ago when a lady left her two babies (human) in a van with all the windows down and nobody around!!! After the police arrvived she still didn’t appear until about five minutes after they were there; and get this….she was at Petsmart and took the dog in to be groomed!!!!! Told police she could not carry her babies and the dog in together….HELLO????

5. I work at an animal hospital, and 2 weeks ago a family brought they’re dog in DOA due to being in the car for 25 minutes! It was so sad to see the little boys crying, and yes it was an accident, they had no idea the dog jumped in the truck. NOW, if I were to see it I would call a cop ASAP! It is inhumane, and abuse!

6. If all states would implement a “break the window and save a life” day you’d be surprised how many people would quit leaving animals in the car! They’d be more worried about a borken window instead of their animals!!! But at least it would work!

• I like that. There is no way it would happen though. But you are right about the idiots being worried about a broken car window.

7. Love your site. The Congress should vote to make leaving animals throughout the United
    States against the law. Same for animal abuse. It is expensive to have animals. It costs a small fortune to keep them immunized