According to the Association for Pet Obesity Prevention, an estimated 54% of dogs and cats in the United States are overweight or obese – that’s 93 million dogs and cats! This can be attributed to many different factors – over-feeding, lack of exercise or aging. Maybe you just adopted an adult pet that came home to you overweight. Regardless of why, there are many risks to your pet being overweight. As with humans, carrying around extra pounds can lead to heart and joint issues, type-2 diabetes, decreased quality of life and a shorter life-expectancy.*
The good news is that getting your pet to a healthy weight and fitness level doesn’t have to be a chore! We’ve come up with a special program that we hope you’ll be interested in. We’re looking to feature a group of overweight dogs in each size class (extra-small, small, medium, large, extra-large), and publish their weight loss journeys on Facebook and our blog. We’ll send each featured participant a starter kit that will include free ORGANIX Weight Management food, Good Buddy Rawhides, healthy weight loss tips from our veterinarian, and other goodies. Each week, participants will post updates on Facebook so fans can track their progress. The program will run for 3 months, and fans will vote for their favorite transformation in each size class. The winners will receive a free year of Castor & Pollux food!
To enter, please read the program requirements and fill out the questions below, attach a recent photo of your pet and send to [email protected] . Entries will be considered through 9/25/11.
As a participant of the Castor & Pollux Dog-On-Diet Program, you must agree to the following:
- My dog is at least 1 year old.
- I will follow the 7-10 day transition period (as described in the program details) while changing to ORGANIX Weight Management.
- I will follow the minimum feeding requirements as prescribed on the bag, using ONLY the ORGANIX Weight Management formula as the daily food.
- I will be available for an intro phone conversation with the Castor & Pollux team.
- I will submit a weekly update by email and on Facebook that includes the following:
- Photo and/or video
- Any fun activities completed
- Any noticeable progress (weight change, energy level, appearance)
- I will submit a monthly blog post (written and/or video) that includes photo updates (timing of blog post deadline to be determined by Castor & Pollux team).
Dog-On-Diet Entry Form
- What is your pet’s name?
- What is your pet’s age?
- How long has your pet been a part of your family?
- What is the breed(s) of your pet?
- How much does your pet currently weigh?
- What is the ideal weight range of your pet?
- How much activity does your pet get? Please describe the type and frequency.
- What food do you currently feed your pet (include treats)? What quantity?
- What are 3 words that best describe your pet?
- Why do you think you and your pet should be chosen for this program?
- Are you willing to actively participate with weekly updates including photos and/or video?
- Please attach a recent photo of your pet.
- Please provide your mailing address (if you are not chosen to be featured in this program, we will still send you a coupon and healthy weight loss tips).