A man and a woman from Miami are alive today thanks to their Chihuahua. The dog barked in the middle of the night, alerting them of the fire consuming the home. Scared for their lives the humans jumped out a window but forgot to take their dog with them.
The house, located at 1883 NW 83 Terrace en West Little River, Miami, was not equipped with smoke detectors or fire alarms. If it wasn’t for the heroic dog, the residents would have died.
The pet owners say everything happened very fast. They had little time to think and were scared for their lives. Once the humans were safe outside the home they realized they forgot to save their hero’s life.
Fortunately firefighters arrived on the property, controlled the fire and save the little hero.
No one suffered any injuries.