Halloween continues to be one of the fastest growing seasonal events in which pets and their humans participate together. To celebrate this festive season, activities and events are taking place nationwide, online and at various locations. Check out some of what is being offered:
- Make A Scene: Beginning October 1, and running through October 26, pets and pet parents can participate in Petco’s annual “Make a Scene” Photo Contest on Instagram. Pet parents are encouraged to post photos of their costumed pet in a scene that matches their own costume and their pet’s costume, use the hashtag #HalloweenTogetherContest and follow @petco on Instagram, for a chance to win a $10,000 grand prize.
- Reptile Rally: Head to your nearest Petco for scales, tails and creepy-crawly Halloween fun with a celebration of reptiles, arachnids and amphibians. A “Reptile Meet and Greet” will help families learn more about these fascinating companions from knowledgeable Petco partners. Enjoy cool giveaways and a “Most BOOtiful Reptile Costume Contest.” Families can share all the fun on their social channels using #ReptileRally. Saturday, October 15, from 1 – 3 p.m.local time at select Petco stores nationwide.
- Petco’s Halloween Pet Costume Contest: Bring your pet in to strut their stuff at Petco’s Halloween pet costume contests, taking place Saturday, October 22 and 29 at 2 p.m. local time at Petco and Unleashed by Petco stores nationwide. Olympic silver medalist Gus Kenworthy will also be making an appearance at the Union Square Petco store in New York on October 29 to serve as a judge for the contest. At this special event only, the top three winners will receive a special Olympic-inspired medal and a moment to stand proud on a podium wearing their costumes.
- PetSmart Trick-or-Treat Stations: Discover FREE treat stations throughout the store & learn a trick while you’re at it! Treat stations include a quick trick lesson, free treats & a coupon for 25% off a 6-week Training Class, Halloween safety & health tips from Banfield, seasonal scented spritz & $10 off $20 coupon at the Grooming Salon, Halloween safety & health tips from Banfield, and free treats at our PetsHotel.
- PetSmart PhotoBOOth: Whether you & your pet are dressed for a little fun or love to be full-on festive, capture your Halloween moments in our booth! With our photo booth, you can have your photo directly emailed to you, enjoy adding unique Halloween overlays to your picture, and enter your photo into our Monster Cute Photo Contest for a chance to win $1,000
- PetSmart Wicked Cute Photo Contest: We’re getting ready to have a #WickedCute Halloween and we’re calling on pet parents everywhere to share the best photos of their pet dressed up for Halloween! You have the chance to enter your spooktacular pet into one of three costume categories, MOVIES, SPOOKY, and CUTE. Three pet celebrities judging the contest and selecting the winner based on creativity, photo quality, and representation of the category, and your pets inclusion into your Halloween activities. Grand prize winners for each category will receive a Nikon – D3300 DSLR Camera and fifteen runner ups will receive a $100 PetSmart gift card.
- Your Local Dog Park: Check out DogPark.com for events your local area.