Five Year Jail Sentence for Greyhound Killer

Ronald Williams, the infamous greyhound trainer responsible for the deaths of dozens of dogs at Ebro Greyhound Track, plead no contest to 39 counts of felony animal abuse in court yesterday.

The plea came as a surprise given Williams’ earlier not guilty pleas and his attorney’s prior attempts to have the case dropped. A Washington County judge sentenced Williams to five years for each count, with the sentences to run concurrently. Necropsy exams results indicated death from starvation and dehydration.

11 thoughts on “Five Year Jail Sentence for Greyhound Killer”

1. IMHO, I think they should have done 1 year per greyhound. He’d be behind bars for 39 years, which is much closer to what he deserves. This doesn’t even include any charges from the 8 additional greyhound bodies they found under a bridge in a drainage ditch not far from his house. What an absolute slime ball. 5 years is not NEARLY enough time for this crime!!

2. Five years for all those deaths. What a shame. He needs to be in jail for 25 years or more. That’s whats wrong with the judicial system. The laws aren’t strict enough. He can’t own racing greyhounds in Fl anymore but what will stop him from owning other breeds and starving them when he gets released. I hope they starve him in prison so he knows how those poor greyhounds felt. I look at my greyhounds and thank God they weren’t in his hands before they were rescued. He’ll get his judgement day some day. God is never sleeping.

3. Though the jail sentence is not nearly enough, hopefully he will be in prison with men who like dogs and they will give him some real punishment for what he did.

4. I am going through the old info on this for an address and plan to write a thank you note to the DA’s office to let them know we are out here and think this type of behavior should be punished. Five years is not much, but it’s better than the zero years most abusers get. I agree with Odean and Cason!

5. I’m glad this slime ball is going to jail, where he belongs. However, I also think it should be a longer sentence. I agree with Peggy, at least he is going to jail. Too many abusers are let off with next to nothing for their crimes. These sub-humans need to get maximum jail time for their abuse!

6. I think that is pretty good considering what many killers of people get. It is a huge step in the right direction, it was not long ago when a jail sentence would not have even been considered. I imagine he will not be very popular with some of the inmates.

7. At least this horrible thing is going to jail. I hope that the law keeps up with him when he’s out. I hope that he is never allowed to own any animals again. But wait that would be asking too much of the liberal hearted law makers! Those idiots would rather see innocent animals suffer than to take away the rights of such an abuser.