Project Liberty: From Puppy Mill to Freedom

Commercial dog breeding kennels have earned a reputation for putting profit before life, and this special report on the rescue of 31 dogs relinquished by an Amish breeder only enforces what most dog lovers already know: puppy mills are the equivalent of dog hell.

Yet it also provides an uplifting look at what happens after female dogs are surrendered, given up by kennel owners – instead of being killed – because they no longer produce viable litters. A local rescue group, volunteers, and veterinarians come together in a collective effort that gives 31 dogs a second chance at life.

8 thoughts on “Project Liberty: From Puppy Mill to Freedom”

1. Thanks to everyone that helped these poor babies. Everything you have done was so nice and I can’t thank each and every one of you enought.

I can’t believe that these puppy mills can still stay in business. What about the poor dogs that are still at the puppy mill? Those people should be ashamed of themselves treating these dogs like machines. It makes me SICK!! Their day will come when they burn in hell.

2. Why, if the state is aware of these puppy mills and the mistreatment involved, have these sites not been shut down? I don’t get it. It PA such a sleazy state that they can’t write decent and humane animal laws? Disgusting and thanks to the TV station for bringing this out.

3. We MUST stop puppy mills from operating…These dogs are the lucky ones. Why can this continue…Amish people are supposed to be bible loving and religious people, yet they do this????????? May all of them burnn in hell and suffer like these dogs.. I am beginning to hate the Amish and any other group who allow this to continue. God Bless the Dogs…

• I agree with you. If the Amish claim to be a God fearing people then they better get ready to be judged! Hell is not going to be fun for them.
      I am happy for the dogs who got out but I hope that something can be done to save the rest.

4. Well im from Colombia my english is not good but i love dogs and this page Many of my friend in Bogotá have dogs and some time se try to help the dogs that has been abandon well kepp on it Bye

5. I got to see an Amish puppy mill first hand. What a sight! (and smell). Never let out of cages. No sunlight. Over 70 dogs in a barn two to a cage. Wired floors no solid surface to lay down. Oh there poor feet. It was so sad.

6. I know “breeders” who sell online & it’s scary to see how they can advertise “Good breeding lines; AKC Registered…” yet to actually know these people & see the “breeding facilities” …. They are NO better than “Puppy Mills”! “BETTER ENGLISH BULLDOGS” in Texas is one such breeder & the owner/”breeder”, Dee Brick told me herself, “WE DON’T KEEP ANY DOGS THAT DON’T MAKE US $; …& OF COURSE WE RESELL THE OLD BREEDERS FOR PROFIT!”. SHAME ON YOU! AKC needs to regulate their so-called breeders better!