Retired White House Bomb Sniffing Dog Escapes near Metro Airport

An urgent search is underway for a White House bomb-sniffing dog who escaped his handler at Detroit’s Metropolitan Airport on Monday night.

Arco, a German Shepherd, was scheduled to be euthanized. The lucky dog was rescued by an advocacy group and was being flown to his new home in Arizona.The 6-year-old canine was taken out of his crate for a walk and managed to escape. He fled, and was briefly secured on two separate occasions: in both cases, he bit the officers who were holding him and broke free.

Because of his distress, police discourage approaching Arco directly. Instead, those with information regarding his whereabouts are urged to contact the Romulus police department at 734-941-8400.

8 thoughts on “Retired White House Bomb Sniffing Dog Escapes near Metro Airport”

1. Our fine government at work. Kill the dog that sniffed for bombs at the white house. Some thanks. I hope that he is found and lives out the rest of his days being loved. I hope that the people who were going to kill him never have a days peace.

2. I am in the process of raising a second German Shepherd Hearing Alert Dog and because of the love that my husband and I feel do deeply for him, he never wants to leave our side. These dogs know when they are loved OR NOT. Poor Arco was not given the love and committment he needed and now may have to pay with his own life-Fckrs

3. Now that is uncalled for. SOB government at its finest. I thought the dog might have medical problems that could not be treated. Use and abuse has to stop and you would think the government would have more respect for the service this dog has given. I hope they find the dog and it goes to a good home.

4. Shame on the White House! I can not believe that they were going to euthanize a retire WH service dog. WHY???????????

5. And this is shocking news to us? The government probably spent (or I should say – WE spent) thousands of dollars training this dog and when they are done with him, they throw him out like a piece of trash.
    Probably did his job and was put in a cage when not sniffing out bombs- thus the biting tendency.
    Poor Arco, I hope he is found and gets the home and love that he so deserves for protecting the very hands that disgarded him.

6. Why were they going to euthanize him in the first place!! The government worries about bombs and attacks to the country and people yet doesn’t have a care for the animals that are there for them and all of the people. I hope someone finds the dog and gives it a good home and pray that whoever put the order to euthanize him that he or she comes across a bomb that goes off. Then they will realize what these dogs do to help even if he wasn’t able to do anymore he was at one time in his life!!!!!

7. Who in there right mind would call the police dept after finding him knowing that all they will do is to still euthanize him. I hope everyone finds in there heart to pray for Arco to find a loving person to give him a good home and never report finding him! My prayers are with you Arco!