Woman Places Man Under Citizen’s Arrest For Throwing Dog from Car

A Manteca, CA man has been charged with misdemeanor animal cruelty after a witness saw him throw his dog out of a moving vehicle.

A woman was following the man when he reached out the window of his car and threw a cardboard box into traffic. A Chihuahua mix sat helplessly in the box. Enraged by what she saw, the woman tailed the driver until he stopped at a DMV office. She placed him under citizen’s arrest and called the police.

An officer arrived shortly thereafter and issued a citation for misdemeanor animal cruelty. Fortunately, the dog did not sustain any injuries and is now available at the Mantece Animal Shelter.

12 thoughts on “Woman Places Man Under Citizen’s Arrest For Throwing Dog from Car”

1. Thank God for the good citizen who got the sweet little dog and had the man arrested. We need more like her! I sure hope the little dog finds a good forever home! The dog deserves nothing less.

2. Yes, thank God for that woman, May God Bless her for doing that, I hope that cute little hairy dog finds a better owner and home.

3. Maybe if he bothered to learn the language of the country he was living in he would of been able to find the shelter. Only charge with a misdemeanor. He should of been charged with attempted murder and deported. This makes me seriously sick to my stomach

4. I’d like to put that guy in a box, tape up the top and throw him into traffic from the back of my truck. What a truly heartless and sick act this man committed. Thank goodness for the woman who saved the dog and got this jerk arrested!!

5. You’ve gotta love the big burly animal control guy calling her sweet. How often do you see that? She really is very cute. It would be interesting to see how well the jerk that threw her did if we threw him out of a moving vehicle.

6. That lady is my hero! What a cute little dog. I don’t like the charge and I wish it had been more. I am glad the little dog is okay. I hope that it finds a home soon.