The Saturday Pet Blogger Hop/Lucky Loves Aijka

Last week’s adorable report of a bear cub that wandered onto the Logar family farm in Slovenia and befriended their dog went viral overnight, and if you thought the pictures were cute, wait until you see this new video of Lucky and Aijka in action.

Update: The Logar family had hoped to build an enclosure for Lucky and raise him on their property despite pressure from wildlife experts to move him to a proper sanctuary, but just a few days ago the government stepped in and confiscated the bear. It is our hope that he is headed to a facility that can prepare him to return to the wild, but we’ll also secretly hope that one day, he’ll return to visit the family and the dog who fell madly in love with him.

Saturday Pet Blogger Hop

Happy Saturday, and welcome to another installment of the Saturday Pet Blogger Hop! You’ve found the right place to connect with other pet lovers. Whether you are a seasoned blogger, one who loves reading pet blogs, or if you’re just thinking about starting your own blog – there is definitely something here for you. Acquaint yourself and enjoy – this is your resource, so use it as you see fit! Of course, you have to follow the rules, so let’s get to that. Get those links in and have fun.

• Link up your pet blog name and URL using the Linky Tool below. You only need to add your link once to be seen on all the Saturday Pet Blogger Blog Hop Linky Tools for that week. Note that if your blog is not pet related your link will be removed. Also note that only one post per blog is acceptable, and links promoting giveaways that are unrelated to the pet blogger hop will be removed. This is a community building exercise and not a promotional vehicle – please treat it as such.
  • Grab the “Saturday Pet Blogger Blog Hop” button on the right hand side of this site and include it in your Saturday Blog hop post so that your readers will know what is going on. *Note – posting is optional. Feel free to just link and follow.
  • Follow your co-hosts listed in the first 3 slots of the Linky Tool.
  • Follow as many other blogs on the linky as you’d like.
  • Take a moment to comment on the blogs telling them you’re from the blog hop.
  • Follow back when you get a new follower through the Saturday Pet Blogger Hop.
  • Make friends and grow. ♥

*note – if your blog is hosted on WordPress please use this alternate code that will work without javascript.

1. Oh my goodness, they are just so adorable together!!

Have a great weekend,

Snoopy :)

2. They’re really cute together, but I wonder if they’ve thought about how expensive it could end up being to feed a bear. 😛 I do hope the little guy is able to make it on his own one day!

3. Work is keeping too busy lately, and I can’t keep up with all these amazing posts. A good problem to have, I know. I haven’t seen the photos of these two, but the video is absolutely adorable! I hope you all have a great weekend. Hugs to all, especially Truffles!

4. Animals never cease to amaze. I hope Truffles will amaze you with her Chocolate Labitude. Best wishes.

5. They’re so adorable together! It’s a shame, but probably realistic, for Bear to live in a more appropriate environment for him.

6. Hi Y’all,

Just hopped by to give y’all a “bark out” and say thanks for another great Saturday Blog Hop!

What a really, really cute video. Such a shame he and his buddy are going to be separated. However, in hind sight I’m sure the family will realize the bear could injure or kill their pet dog or one of them when full grown. A playfull swipe of a full grown bear’s paw…

Y’all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

7. Okay, I’ll admit that they’re cute together, but what happens when the bear realizes that he’s playing with his food?

8. What a little muffin that sweet baby bear is and the dog has a very gentle nature. Thanks for another awesome weekend of the blog hop! Have a great weekend!

9. Thanks for hosting this fun blog hop!

10. Beautiful pics – thanks for sharing. I’m stopping by on the blog hop today – drop by my blog: to watch an awesome video on how some dedicated people in North Carolina are changing their state.

11. Jennifer says on  06/11/2011 at 4:14 pm

Cute video, BUT it was good to read that he is with a setting that is appropriate for him. I would hate to read that something happened to the family or this precious dog:

12. This is so adorable, animals have the right idea, just except me for who I am. Love it.

13. William says on  06/11/2011 at 4:18 pm

Yeah this is cute, but I have to agree with the gov. on this one………..You can’t keep what amounts to a grizzly bear as a pet if you live within 100 miles of anyone!

14. Shared

15. Wendy says on  06/11/2011 at 4:20 pm

16. LOVE <3 LOVE <3 LOVE

17. Karen-Joe says on  06/11/2011 at 4:36 pm

toooo cute!! wonder where moma bear is tho? not sure if i agree they should or shouldnt keep the bear but gosh this video is sooooooooo adorable

18. Leslea says on  06/11/2011 at 4:46 pm

This is really heart warming and understandable…however that cute cub will grow to adulthood and deserves the right to be in a facility where his needs, as a bear will be respected and taken care of. What if when he grows to adulthood he hurts the family dog or a child….It truly is a beautiful relationship but the bear is after all, wild…Let’s not set up a scenario for a bad ending…Wishing the best for all!

19. Pat says on  06/11/2011 at 5:04 pm

If only all of us humans could be so nice … we’re all the same breed so you’d think we’d be able to do this

20. Anna says on  06/11/2011 at 5:04 pm

Well I dunno if it would hurt the family. I mean after all bears are mammals and mammals never harm what they consider as their own breed. Wild is a snake and wild is a chimpanzee. Mammals have social abilities . Anyway I wish all the best for the teddy bear and I couldnt help remembering this video

21. Very sweet…for now. I would not want to live next door to Logars farm, though! It’s best for the bear to rehab back to his habitat.

22. Benny & Lily says on  06/11/2011 at 5:22 pm

so adorable!
    Benny & Lily

23. What an adorable video! Wishing to the best to the baby bear and hope he is placed in an appropriate setting.

24. Cute! I wonder what happened to the cub’s mom–they are so protective! Hopefully the little one was handled properly after it was confiscated.

25. This is the best picture that I have seen on here so far !

26. I enjoyed this, but if that bear comes back someday as they want it to, they’lll have a huge problem on their hands!!!!!

27. I l-o-v-e it!!!:)

28. Lorenza says on  06/12/2011 at 12:02 am

Maybe one day!
    I loved watching them playing together!
    I hope he is in good hands.
    Happy Saturday!
    Kisses and hugs

29. Mui says on  06/12/2011 at 12:44 am

Heart warming indeed. However, it is so heart-breaking to see that now their government has locked the poor bear behind an electric fence! :(

30. TheRedhead says on  06/12/2011 at 10:26 am

hopefully they can find a remote area and release him back to the wild soon. adorable or not, no matter how much he loves the dog and family he’s still wild and has the potential to be dangerous whether he means to be or not.

31. Awwww ♥ ♥ ♥

Thanks for the blog hop … am “meeting” lots of great folks!

32. animals have more sence than people sometimes.they don’t care what you look like. thay just love you.