David Lee Roth: Dog World

Van Halen’s lead singer surprised us with this entertaining look at working with herding dogs.

Comments

1. Most Excellent ! I am very interested in this type of herding. I have had 4 Shelties and 7 goats. I watched what my dog would do with no training. My Sheltie named Denali herded these goats with his own self instilled control and I was amazed at what he did . He herded them from the far end of the paddic to the barn where they stay at night. He did this with out ever being trained. He was a natural. Once ,children were lined up to get on a school bus and a little boy left the line to go get his jacket he dropped 30 or so feet back and my Denali ran to the boy and herded him back to the line to get on the bus. I had some explaining to do.lol They are such amazing animals. Thanks for the show.

2. Cindy says on  02/21/2012 at 4:12 pm

You may want to update your article considering he’s the CURRENT lead singer for VH and they just started their massive tour a few days ago :)

3. lisa lutscher maxted says on  02/21/2012 at 4:18 pm

I now like david lee roth even more than I did before he is class love his narrating hes so funny great to see him enjoying a great hobbie with mans best friend the roth rocks

4. Hilary says on  02/21/2012 at 7:09 pm

Charming! Really enjoyed this!

5. Tracey says on  02/21/2012 at 11:52 pm

I am very impressed with David Lee Roth and Mike and Ben. David Lee Roth is multitalented man. Great video.

6. We run a rescue centre for Border Collies & Sheepdogs in the UK. I’ve Just shown this video to my other half and he is over the moon watching this video. He never knew this. :-) He is a MASSIVE DLR fan, and once even owned DLR’s sunglasses from the album cover of ‘Crazy from the Heat’, which he sacrificed to sell a few years ago when we desperately needed funds for the rescue dogs. He is absolutely made up that his hero is so into collies in such a positive way, understanding them and doing what they were bred to do. Fantastic!! Sarah & Paul. Wiccaweys Rescued Border Collies

7. T BONA says on  05/08/2012 at 6:04 am

Roth,,too cool. luckiest dogs on the planet.

8. John says on  07/21/2013 at 1:21 am

Great guy David lee Roth he is the real deal, fun video too. I just bought an Australian Shepherd I hope I can teach him some cool tricks, very loving dog. Thank You DLR.