Coming to CBS: Dogs in the City

A new canine reality series featuring New York City dog trainer Justin Silver premieres May 30 at 8:00 p.m. ET on CBS.

Described as a master at resolving issues between dogs and their owners, Silver will assess problem pooches and offer suggestions for behavior modification. According to CBS, “Throughout the series, Silver will meet with New Yorkers who have a range of canine issues — from a couple looking to move in together with a dog to a newly divorced couple whose dog is having a rough time adjusting to joint custody.”

Silver has spent more than a decade as a dog trainer and behaviorist.

Comments

1. And i’ll be watching

2. Deborah says on  04/15/2012 at 11:09 am

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY !!!!

3. Will have to check it out…(I think I’ve seen him before)

4. Panayiota says on  04/15/2012 at 11:10 am

Don’t own a TV but looks good.

5. Awesome!

6. Got it on my calendar.

7. What a kiss!

8. Divina says on  04/15/2012 at 12:08 pm

I will be watching too. I love dog shows like this. You can learn so much.

9. Very interesting to see that a major network realizes the ratings value of a dog show. While I applaud Justin’s efforts at rescue I have to be honest about who he is and isn’t. His site mentions absolutely no credentials in the area of dog training. He is a self proclaimed animal behaviorist and seems to me to be a comedian who saw an opportunity as a non profit. I’m not saying he may not be wonderful with dogs and he must know the right people to have gotten CBS’s attention. The world just doesn’t need another dog hobbyist promoting training. After all years back many of us adored Ceasar as he was the only show on tv and we hungered for help. I really really hope Justin is one of the good guys of training and not another nationally recognized non-professional who is going to get enough attention to give people bad information against which real trainers, and behaviorists who have completed enourmous amounts of training, will be compared to. Sorry if this sounds mean, not intended to be, and certainly not looking for government legistative regulations, and as an entrepeneur I encourage business building as a person involved with professional trainers and modalities I am concerned and look forward to the show.

• Ali M says on  04/16/2012 at 10:42 am

Laurie, you are right. Everyone in the Manhattan pet profession is saying, “who is this guy?” No one knows him and certainly not as the city’s guru. Here we go again. He’s a comedian who raises money for animals. His comedic work likely makes him a great tv person. I was curious and fishing for a dog group I am part of here in the city. Watch these leash skills. It’s really unfortunate.

10. Lynn says on  04/15/2012 at 1:46 pm

Awesome ! Excited hope we’ll get it in Ont. There is a place in NY called Yonkers Animal Shelter maybe they could put a spotlight on them….they help and keep dogs for long periods of time UNTIL they get adopted they could probably use some tips and some media attention as well!!!!! Just a thought

11. Jenny says on  04/15/2012 at 1:59 pm

Cesar Milan is still the best.

12. CM sucks; I don’t know Justin’s background but there are plenty of credentialed experts out there.

13. Anonymous says on  04/15/2012 at 2:48 pm

I love dogs, shows about dogs and people that love dogs are my kind of peeps!

14. Anonymous says on  04/15/2012 at 3:55 pm

Anxiously awaiting this!

15. Anonymous says on  04/16/2012 at 2:05 pm

Hopefully they will also take a tour of one of the AC&C shelters that is run by Julie Banks and shed some light on the corruptness that is being perpetuated by her the board of directors and the director of the health department.

16. Suzy says on  04/17/2012 at 1:06 am

The last thing America needs is another correction trainer with no real education. My boycot of CBS starts today.

17. Rox says on  04/17/2012 at 7:28 pm

Suzy I’m with you. If this guy isn’t credentialed chances are he may be channeling his inner Cesar and I’m not talkin’ pet food here either.

I’d sure rather that a pawsitive trainer with significant screen presence already would go to one of the major networks – like maybe Victoria Stilwell.

18. Pam says on  05/20/2012 at 9:04 pm

I’ll be interested to see the show. Especially if he is actually a comedian who is being passed off as a dog trainer.
    As for Victoria Stilwell–she’s a joke! She is an actress who was cast as a dog trainer. She’s been given some dog training instruction and is now an instant expert, completely created by the media. She has had one dog in her entire life and that is an adult Lab rescue that she acquired after she started on the show–probably only to enhance her image.
    Anyone can say they are a dog trainer or behaviorist–there are no official requirements and many of the so called training “credentials” are meaningless!