Dramatic Fire Rescue Caught on Camera

BURN is a feature documentary about Detroit, told through the eyes of Detroit firefighters, who are charged with the thankless task of saving a city that many have written off as dead. The film features an amazing rescue scene that finds two dogs clinging to life until firemen use oxygen masks to breathe life back into them.

Burn debuted at the Tribeca Film Festival in April, and won the audience award for documentary filmmaking.

Comments

1. Awesome.., and yes, they are heroes!

2. Indeed!

3. Yes, they are heroes, special mens, who can be proud to be a human.

4. Thank you to fire fighters everywhere for the brave and amazing things you do everyday…and for saving these two precious canine babies :)

5. i just wish those animals could have been taken to a vet for follow up

6. this is amazing…. <3

7. I dont like how he dropped the dog at 00:23

• tami says on  June 11, 2012 at 9:01 pm

i didnt either but then i relized he had to because he was in his gear and was prob hard to move he gave him his mask so that make up for the drop

8. Firefighters are brave and true heroes! Sweet story!

9. Tabitha says on  June 11, 2012 at 10:17 am

Had someone been able to save my dog in our fire, he could have dropped him in the ground a million times. Instead, we buried him almost 8 years ago come this October. Good job, guys! You’re heroes in my book.

10. Tabitha says on  June 11, 2012 at 10:17 am

On*. Not in. :/

11. ojjj

12. Laura says on  June 11, 2012 at 10:19 am

:) li hanno salvati :) :) :)

13. Awesome…

14. @ Rocky Delos Santos. the firefighter had probably been in a smoke filled building for some time, can you imagine how exhausted he must have been ??? I think you’ll find the dog was effectively dead, as was the white dog. Thanks to the courage of those firefighters, they both lived. It would have been nice to hear two words, though…. Thank You.

• donna says on  June 11, 2012 at 10:03 pm

Neil didn’t you see the man asking to shake the firies hand- I reckon
      there was more than one thankyou during that interaction.

15. Oh my… dogs won this time.<3

16. This is an amazing video and story; however, I have a few “choice” words for the behavior of the owner. Did HE make any effort to save the pups or just to criticize the fire fighters?

17. April says on  June 11, 2012 at 10:25 am

God Bless our Heroes!

18. Great video. Thank you for sharing.

19. Mamakat says on  June 11, 2012 at 10:31 am

they would not let the owner in. didn’t you hear him asking if they saved his dogs and them telling him to stay back? i’m impressed all the guy cared about in the house was his dogs. cut him some slack. i’m sure he was very grateful once the shock wore off. he obviously loves his dogs. and firefighters always have my heart, btw.

20. Susan says on  June 11, 2012 at 10:32 am

A little upset how the first dog was just “dropped” on the ground like that. So thankful they were saved, but yes…they should have been taken straight to a vet or animal hospital afterwards! (Hoping they were!)

21. wow!

22. Vincent says on  June 11, 2012 at 10:32 am

good!:)

23. Amazing…

24. Jason says on  June 11, 2012 at 10:33 am

When I’d “go in” I’d search for the pets with the same vigor as any possible occupants.
    GRANTED human life came first, but the pets were of the utmost priority as well.

25. Susan says on  June 11, 2012 at 10:33 am

Just thankful beyond words that they were saved and they made it! God bless them all – the dogs, the owner and the heroic firefighters!

26. Yolanda says on  June 11, 2012 at 10:37 am

That’s amazing! 😀

27. magnifique <3<3<3

28. Bonnie says on  June 11, 2012 at 10:42 am

Very impressive. Thank you to all the firemen and women who risk thier lives everyday to save lives, be they human or animal.

29. Tracy says on  June 11, 2012 at 10:44 am

Wonderful!!!! REAL MEN care about animals!

30. Ditto.

31. Zestadonnia says on  June 11, 2012 at 10:45 am

God Bless our Firefighters!

32. Kay Ellen says on  June 11, 2012 at 10:46 am

Gotta love a dog. “I almost died a minute ago, but now, everything is good. Need to take a look around at what’s goin’ on.” My dog choked on a ball, stuck in her throat. She could get no air. My friend said “Is she going to die?” I told him yes…He stuck his hand down her throat and pulled the ball out. He and I were in tears, all shaken up. She stood up, coughed, wagged her tail and started asking us to throw the ball!

33. Great video on the selfless efforts of these firemen as well as their brother & sister colleagues everywhere. Especially love the grace of the fire-fighter continuing to work on the dogs despite the interference of the distraught owner.

34. Laura says on  June 11, 2012 at 11:03 am

I hope he was so concerned about his dogs because he views them as beloved family members not money makers…ahem….

35. Schön, zu Abwechslung auch mal etwas so erfreuliches zu sehen! <3

36. So glad the doggies are okay!! Yay, firemen!!

37. Tomasz says on  June 11, 2012 at 11:18 am

Yes. This men are heroes 😀 Like all firefighters. :)

38. Amazing, wow!

39. My Dalmations mom was in this situation(pregnant at the time of the house fire). Owner entered house 2 times and firmen pulled him out. Third time he was able to sneak in and get his dog. Mine 14 yr old girl was one of those 11 puppies born 5 days later. Her mom was revived by the firefighters and then rushed to a vet’s office. Thank you for blessing me with this wonderful and loving companion.

40. That guy didn’t care about anything but his dogs.

41. Bianca says on  June 11, 2012 at 11:29 am

Wonderful to see something like this!

42. That was awesome!

43. Hey I was at the Bridge and you brought me back! :)

44. Sandy says on  June 11, 2012 at 11:37 am

amazing!!!

45. Absolutely a heartwarming story! Detroit isn’t deadit just needs help and the fireman who risk thier lives to help cannot never be repiad. Shame on the people who have stolen from Detroit!

46. It’s always cool to save critters if possible. This also shows that even a person that can’t dress properly can love his pets and say thanks.

47. Kimberly says on  June 11, 2012 at 12:29 pm

:’o

48. Madison says on  June 11, 2012 at 12:32 pm

i can’t believe those 2 dogs lived in that fire

49. I was getting a big mad that the dude would get out of their way and let them do their job.

50. Jeane says on  June 11, 2012 at 12:36 pm

Totally amazing!!

51. @Neil West, he could be exhausted but hey, it’s what they do. And look at the black dog, he was dropped in the ground carefully. It’s not an excuse that if you are a firefighter, you could drop a dog or a someone caught in fire just like that just because you are exhausted. Can you imagine what the dog felt when he hit the ground when he was fighting back for life?

52. But of course, thanks to them for saving the dogs.

53. Michelle says on  June 11, 2012 at 12:53 pm

There is no one better!!!!

54. Maggie-Mae says on  June 11, 2012 at 12:58 pm

Amazing.

55. Anyone who owns a dog or cat should take a pet first aid course. St Johns Ambulance provides them in some areas. There isn’t always someone there to help

56. Jeannine says on  June 11, 2012 at 1:04 pm

Great Video, thanks for posting. I’d also like to thank the firemen that saved them.

57. Kurt says on  June 11, 2012 at 1:56 pm

amazing

58. Dave Sullivam says on  June 11, 2012 at 3:16 pm

There would times I would be more prone to save a dog than a human

59. god bless that man

60. Bonnie says on  June 11, 2012 at 4:14 pm

Wonderful.. Full of wonder thank u

61. Thank you and Bless you for saving animals

62. Natasha says on  June 11, 2012 at 6:03 pm

First question he asked where’s my dogs. I would be the same pleased that we have rescuers in our lives that care just as much.

63. Definitely heroes.

64. Anonymous says on  June 12, 2012 at 2:30 pm

I noticed the dogs are pit bull or pit bull mix. I sure hope they aren’t going to be used in dog fights. That’s the sad part of that breed. I am glad they are ok and thanks to the firefighters that risked their life to save them.