The Way Home Rescue: Shelter Walking

Many of the faces I carry with me after working as a volunteer. Some were saved, some were not…

style="display:inline-block;width:600px;height:300px"
data-ad-client="ca-pub-6679173923296158"
data-ad-slot="6887907140">

Related posts

July 2, 2012 11:49 amPosted 2 years ago
    Cheryl F

There’s nothing to say. Please people spay, neuter, chip, ADOPT.

Woof woof! Thumb up 5 Thumb down 0

• July 2, 2012 5:59 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Keley

I made it to 1:49 then couldn’t see anymore, my eyes were full of tears.

Thumb up 1 Thumb down 0

• July 2, 2012 6:02 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Becky

So, so sad. Spay, Neuter, Adopt and stop the suffering and needless killing.

Thumb up 1 Thumb down 0

July 2, 2012 6:04 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Malin

I love dogs, and i’ve been adopting and finding dogs when I was living in Greece, one of those countrys that has straydogs.
    And one of the dogs is Sessy, a 7 year old girl that was living in the street for more or less 5 years is still (after two years) showing her happines everytime we are doing something. And she showing her love to me, to my family and to every person that takes a foot in our house.
    And she trust’s people still, after being hit, abused and being left without food. Name a person that would be able to do that?
    Dogs are strong and they are the most loving creature on this planet and if you want a life long friend that will be forever grateful (even if it is really you that should be grateful, I mean.. who am I kidding? you melt like ice in hot water then you see those cute eyes that just screams I LOOOOOOOVE YOU!) then addopt. It will be (and this I can promise you) it will be worth it, thooooousand times around :)

Woof woof! Thumb up 5 Thumb down 0

July 2, 2012 6:05 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Mavis

Heartbreaking. Bless everyone who advocates for homeless and abandoned animals.

Thumb up 2 Thumb down 0

July 2, 2012 6:05 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Gloria

Adopt shelter dogs! Please? Every dog needs a forever home <3

Thumb up 2 Thumb down 0

July 2, 2012 6:06 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Amber

I’m not gonna even try to watch – I am tearing up at the title alone.

Thumb up 1 Thumb down 0

• July 2, 2012 6:11 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Cindy

I’m with you Amber…made it about 10 seconds.

Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

• July 2, 2012 6:11 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Becky

Me too, Amber.

Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

July 2, 2012 6:13 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Robert

just look at there eyes, yes, yes they have a soul, they think, they are sad, happy, just like you and me, to kill a healthy dog or cat for no other reason then we got no room or we can’t afford it a terrible crime, please spay and neuter, before we can save ourselves we must save them!

Thumb up 2 Thumb down 0

• July 2, 2012 6:13 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Ana Isabel

god blass you, they are so many:(((

Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

July 2, 2012 6:17 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Laura

Sorry I know I should watch but I cant

Thumb up 1 Thumb down 0

• July 2, 2012 6:22 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Sarah

Can’t stop the tears..

Thumb up 1 Thumb down 0

• July 2, 2012 6:24 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Rose

I watched the whole thing, but it was very hard to do. It is, however, reality. Also, the very reason people need to understand that owning a dog, cat or other pet is a commitment for the pet’s entire lifespan and not just until you grow tired of it or it gets older or ill. We can teach our kids alot about how to treat others if we teach them proper care and respect for pets. It’s not just a birthday present you return later…..

Thumb up 1 Thumb down 0

July 2, 2012 6:29 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Bo

Absolutely heartbreaking. I wish I could do more

Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

• July 2, 2012 6:33 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Lenka

cant stop crying and saying how sorry i am ….-(

Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

July 2, 2012 6:40 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Lynn

The video broke my heart. God bless you for saving as many of these sweet souls as you can.

Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

• July 2, 2012 6:45 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Bo

everything I wanted to say has already been said by the People below;) i cant watch it- as a dog owner ( of 6 ) i cant imagine givin up anyone of them they are family! With souls – they hurt – feel PURE joy – care 4 US – each one should have a chance but isnt This What the World isnt about anymore- its al about money – and egoism! Thank god 4 People who care and open there hearts- thank you al for loving dogs and keep spreading This!

Thumb up 1 Thumb down 0

July 2, 2012 6:51 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Mark

Almost unbearable. Yes…grown men do cry…

Thumb up 1 Thumb down 0

July 2, 2012 7:28 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Lola

I watched for only 30 seconds & broke down, had to stop, so heartbreaking.

Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

July 2, 2012 7:37 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Anonymous

Wonder if these dogs are other animals we eat everyday, would we feel the same compassion for them?

Thumb up 1 Thumb down 0

• July 2, 2012 7:50 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Radha

Thank You!!

Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

• July 2, 2012 7:58 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Valued

great work

Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

• July 2, 2012 8:12 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Annika

I’m not even going to try to watch it, I know I will cry instantly. :(

Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

July 25, 2012 12:45 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Dog Lover 68

Please “Like” The Way Home Rescue like I have. They respresent animal rescuers and try to find homes for these poor babies. Parts of Ravenna, KY are very poor and people can’t afford to spay or neuter and some just don’t give a crap (that’s anywhere). That shelter is very small and takes in animals from other counties. They welcome ANY donations whether it is money or dog/cat food.

There is a place in Lousville, KY called the S.N.I.P. clinic and they spay & neuter at a discounted rate. They even have free services for those who qualifiy. This month they are doing feral (stray) cats for free. They are always running specials. Please visit http://www.kyhumane.org then click on S.N.I.P. Clinic on the left. Their phone number: 502-636-3491 They have a $5 off coupon on their site.
    Thank you!

Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

July 25, 2012 12:46 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Dog Lover 68

Also, I want to thank all the people that work at “The Way Home Rescue.”
    These people dedicate their life, time and money to help these poor babies that humans have discarded.
    Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!

Thumb up 1 Thumb down 0