The Way Home Rescue: Shelter Walking

Many of the faces I carry with me after working as a volunteer. Some were saved, some were not…

Comments

1. Cheryl F says on  07/02/2012 at 11:49 am

There’s nothing to say. Please people spay, neuter, chip, ADOPT.

2. I made it to 1:49 then couldn’t see anymore, my eyes were full of tears.

3. So, so sad. Spay, Neuter, Adopt and stop the suffering and needless killing.

4. Malin says on  07/02/2012 at 6:04 pm

I love dogs, and i’ve been adopting and finding dogs when I was living in Greece, one of those countrys that has straydogs.
    And one of the dogs is Sessy, a 7 year old girl that was living in the street for more or less 5 years is still (after two years) showing her happines everytime we are doing something. And she showing her love to me, to my family and to every person that takes a foot in our house.
    And she trust’s people still, after being hit, abused and being left without food. Name a person that would be able to do that?
    Dogs are strong and they are the most loving creature on this planet and if you want a life long friend that will be forever grateful (even if it is really you that should be grateful, I mean.. who am I kidding? you melt like ice in hot water then you see those cute eyes that just screams I LOOOOOOOVE YOU!) then addopt. It will be (and this I can promise you) it will be worth it, thooooousand times around :)

5. Mavis says on  07/02/2012 at 6:05 pm

Heartbreaking. Bless everyone who advocates for homeless and abandoned animals.

6. Gloria says on  07/02/2012 at 6:05 pm

Adopt shelter dogs! Please? Every dog needs a forever home <3

7. Amber says on  07/02/2012 at 6:06 pm

I’m not gonna even try to watch – I am tearing up at the title alone.

8. I’m with you Amber…made it about 10 seconds.

9. Me too, Amber.

10. Robert says on  07/02/2012 at 6:13 pm

just look at there eyes, yes, yes they have a soul, they think, they are sad, happy, just like you and me, to kill a healthy dog or cat for no other reason then we got no room or we can’t afford it a terrible crime, please spay and neuter, before we can save ourselves we must save them!

11. god blass you, they are so many:(((

12. Laura says on  07/02/2012 at 6:17 pm

Sorry I know I should watch but I cant

13. Can’t stop the tears..

14. I watched the whole thing, but it was very hard to do. It is, however, reality. Also, the very reason people need to understand that owning a dog, cat or other pet is a commitment for the pet’s entire lifespan and not just until you grow tired of it or it gets older or ill. We can teach our kids alot about how to treat others if we teach them proper care and respect for pets. It’s not just a birthday present you return later…..

15. Bo says on  07/02/2012 at 6:29 pm

Absolutely heartbreaking. I wish I could do more

16. cant stop crying and saying how sorry i am ….-(

17. Lynn says on  07/02/2012 at 6:40 pm

The video broke my heart. God bless you for saving as many of these sweet souls as you can.

18. everything I wanted to say has already been said by the People below;) i cant watch it- as a dog owner ( of 6 ) i cant imagine givin up anyone of them they are family! With souls – they hurt – feel PURE joy – care 4 US – each one should have a chance but isnt This What the World isnt about anymore- its al about money – and egoism! Thank god 4 People who care and open there hearts- thank you al for loving dogs and keep spreading This!

19. Mark says on  07/02/2012 at 6:51 pm

Almost unbearable. Yes…grown men do cry…

20. Lola says on  07/02/2012 at 7:28 pm

I watched for only 30 seconds & broke down, had to stop, so heartbreaking.

21. Anonymous says on  07/02/2012 at 7:37 pm

Wonder if these dogs are other animals we eat everyday, would we feel the same compassion for them?

22. Thank You!!

23. great work

24. I’m not even going to try to watch it, I know I will cry instantly. :(

25. Dog Lover 68 says on  07/25/2012 at 12:45 pm

Please “Like” The Way Home Rescue like I have. They respresent animal rescuers and try to find homes for these poor babies. Parts of Ravenna, KY are very poor and people can’t afford to spay or neuter and some just don’t give a crap (that’s anywhere). That shelter is very small and takes in animals from other counties. They welcome ANY donations whether it is money or dog/cat food.

There is a place in Lousville, KY called the S.N.I.P. clinic and they spay & neuter at a discounted rate. They even have free services for those who qualifiy. This month they are doing feral (stray) cats for free. They are always running specials. Please visit http://www.kyhumane.org then click on S.N.I.P. Clinic on the left. Their phone number: 502-636-3491 They have a $5 off coupon on their site.
    Thank you!

26. Dog Lover 68 says on  07/25/2012 at 12:46 pm

Also, I want to thank all the people that work at “The Way Home Rescue.”
    These people dedicate their life, time and money to help these poor babies that humans have discarded.
    Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!