Justice For London Promised as True Nature of His Abuse is Revealed

London is the sweet pit bull pup brought to Humane Society of Del Norte’s shelter in Crescent City, CA with severe untreated injuries last month and turned over Panda Paws Rescue of Vancouver, WA. London had both front legs amputated two weeks ago, and is healing well and getting around beautifully as he flourishes in the happy, loving environment provided for him by his rescuers.

Though it was acknowledged that London’s former owners were neglectful and abusive, official details on London’s history and abuse remained vague as local California authorities pursued an investigation.

Amanda Geise wrote to us and posted at the Panda Paws Rescue and Team London Facebook pages yesterday with an update clarifying London’s history and the source of the injuries that led to the double amputation of his front legs. As the investigation was underway, the “fell from a 2nd or 3rd story window” story was maintained to explain the sweet young boy’s injuries. The version of the story given to London’s caregivers this week follow below in a statement made by Panda Paws yesterday.

The statement:

It is with great pleasure that we update the World on London’s story. If you had not previously heard, the truth behind his shattered elbows & vague history have come to light.

Early this morning Amanda Giese, Founder of Panda Paws Rescue, was provided with statements & evidence depicting brutal attacks on London that had occurred months ago. His legs were not in fact fractured as a result of a fall from a significant height. It is now known his legs were purposely & deliberately broken at the hands of his previous owners on two separate occasions. Witnesses were present during the attacks & have come forth with the facts, names of the abusers & are working with the Crescent City Police Department as well as Jon Alexander, District Attorney of Crescent City, CA.

We can tell you that multiple suspects HAVE been arrested, are in custody & are being formally charged with felonies in this case. I just got off the phone with the DA & he personally asked me to thank the community of supporters standing behind London & wanted to assure you justice will be served!

Team London would like to thank the CCPD & Jon Alexander for expediting this process & for all of their hard work they have put into this matter! Thank you from all of Team London & we will keep you all updated! – Amanda Giese, Team London

This video from August 6 consists of outtakes shot on day 5 following London’s surgery. As in all of the videos Panda Paws has made with him, London is completely sweet, adorable and trusting, and shows an inspiring spirit and joy in living.

The two videos in our post yesterday, London the Double Amputee Pit Bull Pup: Happy, Loving Dog at Play, show him in recent days playing and giving and getting love.

For more on London at LWD, click HERE.

Photo, Carli Davidson. Used with permission of Panda Paws Rescue

1. Victor says on  08/16/2012 at 2:30 pm

I cannot believe man’s ability to sink so low. These fuckers are nothing but pond life (no offense to pond life meant).

2. Dawn Nesbitt says on  08/16/2012 at 2:31 pm

There is not enough punishment for people like this! What a sweet boy, I can’t wait to see a video of him walking again!

3. Di Samateh says on  08/16/2012 at 2:39 pm

My suggestion for his abusers? Amputate their limbs, let them see if they can lead a happy, fulfilled life as London is doing. I doubt it very much, as they have so much evil inside them. I wouldn’t normally advocate such brutality but our pets put complete trust in us, they love us unconditionally and would die for us, so when someone abuses that trust and betrays that love and loyalty, I don’t see any other option. Do to them what they do to these beautiful animals.

4. Bridget says on  08/16/2012 at 2:41 pm

The story of London has grabbed me stronger than any story I have read about an abused pet. If I could financially afford it – I would drive up to Washington today and adopt this beautiful baby boy. Please don’t allow these miserable human beings to just walk away with a slap on the hand. I agree with Victor! If he is not adopted out, if that is the plan, I want to know – I will figure out a way to get him!

5. Anonymous says on  08/16/2012 at 2:45 pm

Brought to tears by this beatiful pup. So sad what humans are capable of. Happy to hear the accusers are actually in custody facing felony charges?! Surprised to see this, but very happy. Abuses of this kind should be treated as serious offenses, as the people who can perpetrate this kind of crime will not hesitate to harm others (of any species). I just don’t understand how someone could do that to this obviously, sweet ray of light pup!

6. Anonymous says on  08/16/2012 at 2:47 pm

I would love to be the one holding the sledgehammer while shattering both of their legs! I’m sure they threw him out of the window to make it look like it was an accident. POS people that did this don’t deserve to live let alone walk this earth!

7. Trudi says on  08/16/2012 at 2:51 pm

Completely agree with all of the above especially Di! But suggest the amputation occur just before the prison sentence! Evil people …

8. Anonymous says on  08/16/2012 at 3:15 pm

I don’t think they are human I truly believe they are demon spirits in human form, anyone with a heart could not do this.

9. Anonymous says on  08/16/2012 at 3:17 pm

Anyone who has read of the treatment of our Viet Nam POWs at the hands of the North Vietnamese can give you a lot of suggestions.

10. Anonymous says on  08/16/2012 at 3:35 pm

I would have a hard time not beating the crap out of the people that did this. Thankfully London doesn’t seem to be holdin any grudges toward people. Keep up the good work getting better London you are a truly beautiful dog with a wonderful spirit.

11. Anonymous says on  08/16/2012 at 3:52 pm

Wow, what a heartening
    Video of a pup full of life and love to give; beautifully ppl. Have given
    Him chance at a meaningful forever home; I hope he learns to move his front torso with help of set of wheels when
    Needed and he’s ready? Someone help him w/wheels; they have them for the rear, gotta have them for front! Keep us posted on London’s progress, PLEEEEEZE?

12. Flora says on  08/16/2012 at 4:49 pm

There are no words for those —————s. Anyone who would do this to a sweet living being, should have it done to them. London is such a beautiful dog he deserves all the love in the world.

13. Anonymous says on  08/16/2012 at 5:12 pm

Is there a judge we can write to who will be handling this case? These people need to go to jail for as long as possible and never be allowed to have animals ever again in their lives. Please respond with information if you have it.

Thank you.

14. Anonymous says on  08/16/2012 at 9:21 pm

These people should have their legs and arms broke….justice. please…….

15. We are all in outrage & anger by the travesties that seem to run even more rampant these days and express with bitter words what we deem fit but the best way to show your might & angst is to ensure that the harshest sentences by law are carried out state to state, research what’s going on in the states you live in.
    Reminder folks in North & South Dakota they still won’t recognize nor pursue felony justice for animal abuse and this is just a gross stain in humanity as far as I’m concencerned.
    Be enraged and ensure justice prevails around you , that would be the best retribution for London and all creatures who have been mistreated, abused, neglected , abandoned or murdered .

16. PittieLover says on  03/23/2015 at 1:22 am

There’s a special level of Hell for those that abuse animals.. I hope the DA follows thru and doesn’t reduce/plea bargain the charges down..Just bring London into court in front of a jury n watch how fast they get sent away..

17. Anonymous says on  04/07/2015 at 10:12 pm

I hope these no good heartless people get sent to prison for a long long time. Preferably sent to the worst Max security prison there is. I too along with others would like to beat the F out of these low life’s God bless those who came to his aid and are caring for him

18. I sure wish we could have one of those laws that the sentence is , You get to have Your legs amputated if you amputate a dogs legs .. for no good reason but cruelty.