Help Save Mickey - His Life Depends on Us

2.27.14 - Help Save Mickey2

A neglected Phoenix dog called Mickey is waiting for the decision to be made on whether or not he will get the death sentence after a tragic accident wherein he bit a little boy’s face after the child went on his property and took a bone out of his mouth.  A group of supporters is asking for signatures and donations to help save his life.

Mickey was chewing on a bone on his own property when a four-year-old boy wandered away from his babysitter and over to the dog.  He attempted to pull the bone from Mickey’s mouth, and the dog bit him badly.

“The baby sitter who was caring for the child then picked the child up and brought him to an urgent care center,” said Dr. Jeffrey Salomone, the Maricopa County Medical Center’s trauma medical director.  “When he arrived he was in shock, had severe injuries to his face; a lot of skin and fat underneath the skin pulled back on half of his face.”

The boy also suffered from facial fractures, and plastic surgeons worked to repair the damage.

Mickey was surrendered by his owners, who have no desire to fight for his life, and placed on a 10-day quarantine while the city decides his fate.  What happened to the little boy was a terribly unfortunate accident, but this does not make him a vicious killer.
“I see this dog all the time while visiting my dog for biting someone,” said someone at Maricopa Animal Care and Control.  “Mickey seriously has been neglected. He’s so skinny you can see his bones sticking out. While all the other dogs are barking and going crazy he just sits there quiet and shaking.”

He needs to be trained to not be food aggressive, but considering whatever kind of neglect and possible abuse this dog endured, his reaction to having what may have been the only food he had been given in some time taken from him is understandable – he was scared because he didn’t know when his next meal was coming.

Mickey’s Facebook page has garnered close to 24,000 fans.  Supporters of him say their hearts go out to the boy, and many do not wish to see the blame placed on either party.  Mickey should not have to pay with his life for something that happened because he was mistreated.

2.27.14 - Help Save Mickey1

The page has given updates on the case, but the outlook is grim:

“Over 40 people contacted the Lexus project BEGGING for their help. Currently and there are 8 donators and almost 1,000 supporters… All the attorneys are pro bono but there are still large court fees associated with any case. Every time papers get filed, it costs several hundred dollars. Right now, we don’t even have enough money for the TRO we desperately need to file to save his life. We appreciate the likes and sharing, but we need funds to do what needs to be done. There are almost 1,000 likes in an hour.  If everyone donated $10.00, we would probably have enough for this case and to help another TLP case as well.  We can’t do anything without the funds in place. Please make a donation to help us help Mickey.”

Updates from February 25th:

“I have been asked for an update, and the only information we have is not good. Today Maricopa County Animal Control officially stated they will not make Mickey available for adoption, or New Hope.  This means Mickey is scheduled to be executed at 5 am on March 3, 2014, after his 10 day hold is up.

“We want everyone to know and understand that our Local Counsel is working right now on pleadings to be filed with the Maricopa County Superior Court in order to try and stop Mickey’s Execution. We hope to have these pleadings filed by tomorrow.  Do not give up hope! We are doing everything we can to Save Mickey!  Please continue to spread the word about Mickey! We need as much public support as possible!”

With Mickey not being eligible to be ‘New Hoped,’ the group is worried that this is a definite death sentence.  But animal control said one of the options they are considering is selecting a rescue group or family to adopt Mickey, so long as a liability form is signed stating that they are aware of Mickey’s history and understand the risks involved.

“You look at him, and he sits in his kennel and he doesn’t look angry or aggressive at all.  He seems really, really mellow. It was just the circumstances of what happened,” said Melissa Gable with MCACC.  “It’s a really tough decision and it’s not something we want to make overnight, so we’re taking time to figure it out.”

The lawsuit and temporary restraining order for a stay of execution were filed this morning, and now supporters wait to hear the judge’s decision.

“We’re hoping the court will rule that he shouldn’t be euthanized, and from that point arranging for the dog to go to a group,” said The Lexus Project’s Richard Rosenthal.

If you would like to sign the petition to support Mickey, please click here.

If you would like to contribute to his personal defense fund, please click here.

If you would like to donate to The Lexus Project, please click here.

Related posts

February 27, 2014 6:05 pmPosted 6 months ago
    Sandy

Not a very good babysitter. How the hell do you let a 4 year old out of your sight? Let alone long enough for the child to go to another property and try to take a bone from a dog. The babysitter needs a beating. Now this poor dog may die because she sucked at her job. I have babysat the most rambunctious children and they never left my sight. I raised a precocious child and she never got away from me. It can be done. You just have to pay attention.

February 27, 2014 6:47 pmPosted 6 months ago
    Paper

The news once again says viciously attacked by a pitbull. Halfway in they only say a few sentences, the dog was chewing a bone when the child tried to take it away from the dog. Then the dog ‘attacked’ the child. At least this news article stated WHY the dog bit someone. They did forget to add that the dog was starved and the bone was probably his only food.

Sad how the media wants to portray the dog. The dog was defending it’s food. My lab was the same when he was younger, he was really food aggressive. But later on he knew that there’s always food and no need to fight for it.

March 2, 2014 12:32 pmPosted 6 months ago
      John Wrona

So, what is your point? An attack on a kid is an attack on a kid, period…end of story. Since I can tell you a pit bull nut I will not go into this ‘it’s the owners’ thing. If one of my dogs did anything like that I’d kill it myself (and I love dogs as much as you do – so let’s not do the ‘holier than thou’ thing). The owners of the dog broke the pact everyone has to make with their pet, which is “I promise to do everything I can to keep you safe from your doggie self”. They didn’t care, dog mauled a kid, euthanize the dog…period, end of argument. If you still want to argue for the dog, put yourself in the parents of that kids position…..you there? ….now what do you think?

March 25, 2014 8:40 pmPosted 6 months ago
        Maggie Tucker

You are right NO ONE CARED about MICKEY or the child obviously!!!!!!!!!!!! Because people don’t want to hear the truth, that they didn’t watch that little boy so he got hurt. You don’t love your dogs. You own them and they are your property. You do not know what unconditional love is. A HUMAN LIFE IS NO GREATER THAN AN ANIMALS LIFE. An animal loves unconditionally. If a stranger goes in my pasture he/she may get their brains kicked out by my HORSE, he is very protective of me. Will someone try to come and put my horse to sleep???? I think NOT!! Because there would BE A MASSACRE!!!! That is unconditional love. NO ONE would touch/hurt/kill any of my animals without paying with their OWN LIFE. I keep them safe. I have 5 Horses-4 males (3 fixed & 1 stud) & 1 female, 4 Dogs (2 inside & 2 (1- is half pit) outside all fixed), Cats (4 inside all fixed & a colony of 15 outside cats- 8 fixed so far) and 25 chickens, 2 strays that I feed -a yellow lab some one dropped out, that goes from house to house for atttention, a huge gentle Bulldog/Mastiff Mix that lives down the road that comes up to eat at 3 p.m. everyday, not to mention 2 raccoons that hang with the outside cats. An occassional oppossum or skunk traveling through they eat the cat food also, the 2 horse’s down the road that get out and come straight here, the people never feed they are very underwieght. They also have one dog chained to something down there but it’s not aggressive just malnourished, neglected , and underweight you can see it’s ribs, same place the Bulldog/Mastiff mix, 2 horses that get out come from. It can’t even come here for a handout like the others. I think that about covers everyone. We don’t get any donations to help with the animals but they are all well taken care of. THEY ARE OUR FAMILY!!!! Yes it takes every thing we have to feed them all but they eat whether we eat or not. My 1 Horse is food aggressive, he could stand to lose a few pounds. Let a stranger try to take his food away. Biting, raring up, pawing you got a 1,000 pound animal doing that, yes hurt is around the corner. They will live out their life with me. Not because someone took their life either, only if it’s their time to go and to make it more peaceful and comfortable for them.

March 26, 2014 10:57 amPosted 6 months ago
          SMH

Oh so no one can touch your horse without being a MASACRE? But a FOUR year old boy gets his face torn off and save the dog that did it? You want to have the same rights for animals as you do humans, but if a human did this they would be put in jail for life or “euthanized”. Double standards! The dog should die for hurting the boy. I bet you don’t have any human friends.

March 26, 2014 11:21 pmPosted 6 months ago
            Anonymous

You’re a animal hater I see…

March 27, 2014 6:20 pmPosted 5 months ago
            Anonymous

I agree, I don’t think she has a
            life or human friends.

May 20, 2014 3:49 amPosted 4 months ago
        Anonymous

U dont love dogs….period!

March 2, 2014 1:20 pmPosted 6 months ago
      John Wrona

But Paper, the rules of our society make this clear in a human/dog incident (particularly a kid) the dog is wrong and gets euthanized…period, end of story…it’s the law
      . Everyone knows that it is not the dogs fault. The unwritten rule every dog owner makes with their pet is that they promise to keep the dog safe from his doggie self. Agree? I take full responsibility for my dogs and do everything in my power to keep them safe from their doggy selves.

These owners didn’t care…..dog got in a vulnerable/bad position….kid got mauled…..euthanize the dog. Put yourself in the position of the mother of that kid….ok……now what do you think …just let the dog go? There’s a lot of blame to go around but, in our society, if a dog commits a violent act, no matter who’s at fault, police impound dog, the dog gets euthanized, period, end of story.

I am sure that the owners of the dog will pay a heavy price in civil court as will the babysitter….again, that’s how our society works). You said you and your parents would pay for the damages? You’re kidding me, right? How much is a kids face worth? Scars and psychological damage are not easy to pay for. The civil suit the kids parents will file and win against the dog owners and the babysitter will be astronomical.

Part of my pact with Connie and Tess (my dogs) is that I do everything I can to protect them from themselves….this includes supervision around kids, nobody messes with them when they’re eating, etc…etc… If my dogs ever do something serious to a human being it is my full responsibility . The fear of my dogs doing something as vicious and damaging as this one did keeps me on my toes constantly because I know the consequences means their death.

February 27, 2014 6:57 pmPosted 6 months ago
    Barb

The babysitter is at fault here!!!
    What was she doing?? She should be charged and be put in jail for neglect!!
    Everyone knows not to leave a child alone, especially at that age!!
    Did the police investigate the girl as to why she was not watching the child??
    That would be my first concern!!
    The dog is in no way at fault!!
    Please save him, the dog!!!
    Too bad animals cannot talk!!!

March 2, 2014 1:22 pmPosted 6 months ago
      John Wrona

Barb, the rules of our society make this clear in a human/dog incident (particularly a kid) the dog is wrong and gets euthanized…period, end of story…it’s the law

February 27, 2014 9:24 pmPosted 6 months ago
    Brittany Reed

Although I feel bad that the kid was bitten, I feel bad that a chained dog in his own yard protecting his own property (which all dogs do) is in the deepest trouble when the babysitter should be. Here is the kid Mickey bit (Posted Below). The media made it sound so extremely awful (probably because he’s a kid and because of the dogs breed) and it doesn’t look as bad as an actual maul attack and I’ve seen a few.

Save Mickey and Hope the kids heals fast and well.

March 2, 2014 9:07 pmPosted 6 months ago
      John Wrona

don’t see how you can look at that picture and say ‘not bad’…..how would you feel if that was your kid…or you. The kid is not going to heal fast…..if ever. Those are major lacerations on his face and right eye. The decision to euthanize the dog, if it happens, is because it’s the law, not anything to do with who’s right and who’s wrong. Like I said, owners fault, dog pays with his life….too bad for dog but the law

I’m pretty sure I know what I’m talking about with the kid. At 6 I cut my face and plastic surgery was almost 300 stitches to repair the gash and look as good as it could. One year later cut same gash open again and a couple others and it took almost 550 stitches to repair and tons of tubes of cocoa butter rubbed on the scars to help them fade over time. Very traumatic both from a physical standpoint and, almost worse, from a psychological standpoit. This kid is going to have a tuff time getting over this…maybe he’s young enough to get past it, maybe not.

March 18, 2014 6:22 pmPosted 6 months ago
        Anonymous

^ how can it be “our kid” since it wouldn’t happen since we aren’t as neglectful as the people who surrendered Mickey? You know that the owners are at fault for also keeping Mickey chained all day every day. What kind of life would that be?

Also, I been to hospital because of a dog. A could care less about putting that dog to sleep; I blamed myself for putting my hand through the gate. It wasn’t severe but it did scare me. I would pass my school for two years until the incident; the dog will be barking at all school children; always outside at the side of the house, tied there with just two bowls with food and water.

Whenever there’s an incident like this… The human responsible is always to blame! The owners for dog negligence and the baby sitter for putting Kevin in danger!! They obviously said the dog was vicious, so why did they still have him anyways? Especially since they have a little kid; anything can happen.

February 28, 2014 12:05 amPosted 6 months ago
    velvet

I’m so Happy this dog will be put down come March 3rd . Why would anybody in their right minds want to take the chance on this happening again? This baby boy is suffering so bad.

February 28, 2014 12:20 pmPosted 6 months ago
      Anonymous

Sorry Velvet but I really can’t agree with you. Do you really think that a 4 year old wandering aimlessly around the neighborhood without any supervision is a good thing? Whoever the caregiver is here, is at fault. Animals and children SHOULD NEVER be left unsupervised, end of story. A responsible pet owner and parent would know that. Whether its a child and a cat, or a child and a dog, child and a hamster…children are NOT TO BE ALONE with animals. It’s unfortunate that the child is suffering, but the dog is not at fault here. He’s doing what comes naturally. You’re obviously not a pet owner.

March 2, 2014 1:24 pmPosted 6 months ago
        John Wrona

Anon, Velvet is 100% right…maybe a little too direct, but correct none the less. The rules of our society make this clear in a human/dog incident (particularly a kid) the dog is wrong and gets euthanized…period, end of story…it’s the law

March 27, 2014 12:06 amPosted 6 months ago
          Anonymous

You’re tripping man! So you think it’s right for a human being to beat, starve, and do all sorts of cruel things to a dog and that makes it alright? I think not! See how you you feel when the law wants to put you to death, then come back and speak with sense to me and everyone on here.

March 27, 2014 6:24 pmPosted 5 months ago
            Anonymous

he never said any of that. you’re obviously the one “trippin’”

March 23, 2014 6:23 amPosted 6 months ago
        Anonymous

A responsible owner would have shot the dog instead of giving it to animal control.

March 2, 2014 1:23 pmPosted 6 months ago
      John Wrona

anyone who disagrees with you is ignorant of both the law and the value of a human life.

March 18, 2014 6:09 pmPosted 6 months ago
        Anonymous

You keep saying the value of human life YET when another human kills a human are they immediately euthanized? NOPE….most get rehabilitation.

March 23, 2014 6:19 amPosted 6 months ago
          Anonymous

once an idiot always an idiot…no rationalization here…dog vs. human, LAW says dog dies. can you read? I can tell why you use Anon for your name out here…don’t want anyone to know who you are and how ignorant you are.

March 27, 2014 6:18 pmPosted 5 months ago
          Anonymous

yeah cuz they’re a human.

March 26, 2014 11:25 pmPosted 6 months ago
      Anonymous

Ha, Ha, Ha, Mickey lives! I feel bad for the kid, but that baby sitter should have put more attention to the kid instead of goofing off. Bad choice of a babysitter and bad choice of parents.

March 27, 2014 11:47 pmPosted 5 months ago
        Anonymous

yeah, Mickey lives, but he’s essentially going to be jailed for the rest of his life. so, you supporters “won”, but in the end, the dog still loses. that is sad for the dog.

March 1, 2014 9:39 amPosted 6 months ago
    edge

Velvet you are obviously a clueless waste of space ignorant bitch…. really? So if you had an animal and kids from the neighbourhood came over and did something similar, how would you feel? And to the media, what about all of the little ankle biters??? As a kid, my Foster parents’ cooker spaniel bit the shit out of me but wasn’t reported… my ex wife worked at an animal hospital where little dogs had viciously attacked well behaved Pitts….royally messed them up and yet the Pitt would be put on the list to be observed…. you are truly a blind bitch… wake up princess!

March 2, 2014 1:26 pmPosted 6 months ago
      John Wrona

Edge, you miss the rational point. Calm down, take some of your emotions out of this. and read my comment. Did you see the picture of this kid? His face is almost torn off. Anyway, the rules of our society make this clear in a human/dog incident (particularly a kid) the dog is wrong and gets euthanized…period, end of story…it’s the law

You probably owe velvet an apology.

March 2, 2014 1:31 pmPosted 6 months ago
      John Wrona

Your ‘anklebiters did not rip your face off and couldn’t even if they wanted to. Take a look and compare it to your little ankle pricks: http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fundraiser/for-the-love-of-kevin/144415 Imagine this is your kid…..what would you want.

I can tell you’re an irrational pit bull fan so I know there’s no sense discussing the dog.

March 1, 2014 12:40 pmPosted 6 months ago
    diana soto

The dog deserve to live and get the good home, the owners all there faults!

March 6, 2014 11:40 pmPosted 6 months ago
    Melissa

The Baby Sitter should’ve be responsible. Mickey and little boy are both innocent. Mickey don’t have right to die,.if the baby sitter’s arround or pay attention it won’t happen like that. I’m sorry to little boy. I will give my deepest prayer and his angel guardian will guide his operation. Please don’t take Mickeys life. Please, Please, Please…

March 12, 2014 11:57 amPosted 6 months ago
    Anonymous

This is crazy! The dog is not innocent! Did the fact that he was neglected contribute to the attack? Probably. Were his owners responsible for that? Probably. Will this happen again if he isn’t kept away from people? Probably? Would any of you put your 4year old in a yard with this animal? KEVIN is the innocent here. To put a child and a dog on the same level is stupid. This was terribly unfortunate, but once again as we see every day in the news, if the adults involved had ever developed any responsibility in their lives, it never would even have happened.

Why get a dog if you’re going to neglect it? Why have a dog if you keep it chained up? Why were the children allowed to be playing where they could get near a territorial pit bull that was already responsible for an attack? Why did the mother leave her child in a home with a dog that had attacked? Why would the dog’s owners even think about taking a chance on this kind of thing happening again!! If my dog did this to a child I would have killed the dog myself! Not gotten him a lawyer!! This is outrageous! Kevin is the one who needs a lawyer so he can sue for damages. How much longer will the dog live? Kevin is only 4. This child’s life has been changed forever.

March 26, 2014 11:29 pmPosted 6 months ago
      Anonymous

The kid should have never tried to take the bone out of the dogs mouth! The parents and the baby sitter is at fault!

March 12, 2014 12:22 pmPosted 6 months ago
    Anonymous

Animal deserves a good home? Ok…any takers? So many of you say the owners are responsible. I’d be willing to bet big money that if they were found responsible and were given the choice to: 1) pay Kevin for the damage done to the rest of his life or
    2) euthanize the dog, they’d turn Mickey over in a heartbeat. You’re either responsible or you’re not. A responsible person does NOT look to others for blame!

March 26, 2014 11:56 pmPosted 6 months ago
      Anonymous

If the people want to give Mickey to me then I will be happy to take him! He would be a good companion for my female which is pregnant right now! She is going to bring more beautiful Pit Bulls into this world for a good family to love! So fuck all you Pit Bull haters!

April 22, 2014 3:26 pmPosted 5 months ago
        Anonymous

Great news. I hope one of the little monsters rips your stupid face off and you die an agonizing death.

March 12, 2014 1:00 pmPosted 6 months ago
    Anonymous

Planet earth would be well served to eliminate the entire bulldog species. Advocates for dogs rights vs. humans are mentally disturbed. There is no gray area in any dog vs human attack, provoked or unprovoked.

March 14, 2014 10:35 amPosted 6 months ago
    Anonymous

I will never understand why the innocent animal loses in the end because of HUMAN negligence!!! And, humans are the smartest and most important of all God’s species?? I call BS!!

March 17, 2014 9:59 amPosted 6 months ago

Innocent animal?
      Come on!

March 15, 2014 10:31 amPosted 6 months ago
    Anonymous

I wonder how many of you Mickey supporters have children- I would guess none. I love my dog to pieces but my children are my precious blessings that I would give my own life for. until you have kids, you have no idea how much you can love and feel the need to protect. My dog was my “baby” too before children and I can tell you, it is not the same kind of love! so many people say the “dog did what dogs do” but I assure you, my dog and many other dogs would not do that!! it is sad the dogs environment has led to his aggressive demeanor but the risk of him doing it again is too great and sadly, I feel he should be euthanized. you cannot watch a child 100% of the time, I have a 4 year old as well and I’m not constantly hovering over her. and, if Mickey is saved, how would you feel if you now own the dog, are on a walk where she is leashed when a child wants to pet your dog. you warn the child not to but he / she reaches out anyway. Mickey, being an abused dog in a prior home, feels threatened and bites this child. once a
    dog or any animal shows they can aggressively attack a human like this, provoked or not, it’s not worth the risk.

March 18, 2014 6:14 pmPosted 6 months ago
      Anonymous

No I don’t have kids. Now put it on the other foot. You have children – if your children grew up and killed someone would you want them euthanized (death penalty)? NO but why not you are preaching about us with or without children YET I know you wouldn’t want your child put to death if he was in the same situation. I say give Mickey to a rescue – let them rehabilitate him & place him or don’t place him at least he gets to live. The owner of the dog didn’t deserve a dog – the parents don’t deserve to have children. Neither the dog or the kid should be blamed it’s all on the adults.

March 23, 2014 7:06 amPosted 6 months ago
      Anonymous

You lost the bet… you guessed wrong

March 16, 2014 8:19 amPosted 6 months ago
    Anonymous

So, does anyone know what happened with this dog???? I hate when ‘life with dogs’ tosses out an article that gets lots of attention then doesn’t follow-up with what the final outcome was…..

March 16, 2014 1:54 pmPosted 6 months ago
    Nicole

What is wrong with you people? Its a PitBull, bred for fighting. My children take bones away from my German shepherd all the time and she’s never so much as growled. Pitbulls are bred for the fight. ANY DOG THAT BITES A CHILD SHOULD BE IMMEDIATELY EUTHANIZED! IT WILL DO IT AGAIN. And btw, Im a student for animal psychology and behavior at ASU. Please dont save this dangerous animal. If it were my child, this animal would be dead already.

March 18, 2014 6:11 pmPosted 6 months ago
      Anonymous

Pit Bulls were NOT bred to fight. They were bred to hunt larger animals. If you are student physocology and behavior, then they must be some pretty dumb people. Sorry, but where did you learn this? Probably from another dog killer, obviously.

March 22, 2014 11:47 pmPosted 6 months ago
        Anonymous

they were bred to fight later. from ASPCA:
        The Pit Bull’s History

Origins

The pit bull’s ancestors hail from England and were brought to North America by English immigrants. These descendants were bred from the bulldog, which some breed historians believe originally served as a “gripping dog” for hunters of large game. (The term “bulldog” does not refer to the American Kennel Club’s English Bulldog. This more recently developed breed serves as a loyal companion rather than a working dog.) Later, bulldogs were likely used as butcher’s dogs and helped control large livestock. Eventually, these dogs were bred to participate in an inhumane blood sport called “baiting.” Spectators found it highly entertaining to watch bulldogs pitted against bulls, bears and other large animals. During these violent events, one or more dogs were expected to attack another animal, biting it around the face and head. The dogs usually maintained their grip until the animal became exhausted from fighting and loss of blood. After animal baiting was banned in the early 1800s, people began pitting dogs against each other, and the cruel sport of dog fighting was born. As it grew in popularity, enthusiasts developed a lighter, more agile dog for the fighting ring. Some people bred their bulldogs with black and tan terriers, creating dogs who were only 25 to 30 pounds. Others may have simply selected smaller bulldogs for breeding purposes. These dogs were the forebears of the present-day pit bull.

March 23, 2014 6:26 amPosted 6 months ago
        Anonymous

pit bulls have very powerful jaws and are prone to not letting go once they bite into something…..that’s well documented. Nobody is saying they’re naturally violent, or bred to fight or anything…..what they’re saying is that a pit bull is big enough, strong enough and persistant enough to cause extreme damage if anything happens, that all…and those are facts. Your emotional response to this situation is exactly why people like you are never put in positions where they have to make decisions harder than “what color dress should I buy my niece?”

March 25, 2014 1:24 pmPosted 6 months ago
      Renee

Yeah sure you are!!! You probably work at McDonald’s loser!!!!

March 16, 2014 7:24 pmPosted 6 months ago
    Jim

Give me a gun and put that dog in front of me. Ill end all this bs real quick. Let’s see this happen to any of these save the dog idiots and see if they feel the same way when its their kid and if they do they should have their kids taken away and never be aloud to see them again. Should put that pos dog down on live tv. The ratings would probably be through the roof.

March 26, 2014 11:46 pmPosted 6 months ago
      Anonymous

Try and shoot my pit bull, and see what happens!

March 17, 2014 4:08 amPosted 6 months ago
    Anonymous

All you fuckin dog supporters are idiots and I hope all your kids get either bit by a dog or hit by a car then I can blame it on your negligence as a parent and say that it wasn’t the cars fault it was just driving on the road like it should be

March 17, 2014 11:14 amPosted 6 months ago
      Jim

Well put

March 23, 2014 6:21 amPosted 6 months ago
      Anonymous

lots of really really ignorant people on this post. glad to know i live where people are a little saner and understand what the pet/owner relationship is all about.

March 17, 2014 9:58 amPosted 6 months ago
    Anonymous

Every other report I’ve seen says the child picked up the bone that was “lying on the ground near the dog”, not in the dog’s mouth.
    Regardless of where the bone was, and regardless of the dog breed, once a dog attacks, it’s time for serious evaluation.

March 23, 2014 8:13 amPosted 6 months ago
    Anonymous

What’s shocking – NO WHERE in the article does it even mention kevins name!! This is all about a DOG who is made more important than the child he attacked. It would be civil of the animal right pages like this to give EQUAL time when dogs attack but this is not about civility with them. Its only ABOUT THE DOG

March 23, 2014 8:10 pmPosted 6 months ago
      Anonymous

I’m not sure which article your referring to. Kevin’as name is mentioned on Mickey’s fb page and I’ve seen it mentioned on the Lexus Legal fb page as well.

March 24, 2014 11:35 amPosted 6 months ago
    Anonymous

there are thousands of innocent dogs put to sleep on the regular who have never attacked a person- who’s saving them?? instead of wasting money on this crazed dog why not adopt another dog or even build a no kill shelter with the money instead.

March 25, 2014 12:49 pmPosted 6 months ago
    Renee

I think its so sad that humans treat animals like disposable trash. Dogs rely on humans to survive. This dog was reacting on instinct. The boy wandered on to his property and took his bone. And a bone to a dog is a big treat. I believe the babysitter should be investigated. Where was she?? Why was a FOUR yr old unsupervised??? Why is she not charged with child endangerment??? Everyone is so quick to blame the dog they don’t even look at her dumb actions!!!! If that boy was unsupervised and ended up getting kidnapped or hit by a car we would be blaming the babysitter for not watching him. But because a dog was involved and esp since it was a Pitt they just blame the dog cause its easier. Its bs save mickey!!! And teach your child how to behave around strange dogs actually teach your child to stay away from strange dogs!!!! This is a result of bad parenting its not fair to blame the dog!!!

March 25, 2014 5:02 pmPosted 6 months ago
    Anonymous

Mickey should not be put down. It was the fault of the mother of the child. Knowing that a pit bull was on a property next door with no fence, what was she doing in letting a 4 year old child go anywhere near the dog. It was total failure on her behalf what happened to her son. She failed as a mother, and also the child picked up a bone that belonged to the dog which upset him . For the dog to be on a chain for a good part of the day is a considering factor too. Her child would not have been hurt at all had his mother been watching over where he was. Mickey should be spared his life. Mickey was basically a prisoner on the end of that chain and it was a natural instinct for him to get upset when his treat was taken, a bone is a big thing to a dog and he felt the boy wanted that treat so it really upset Mickey to the extreme that he attacked the boy. I feel the most they should do is to place Mickey where he would be safe away from children. He was on his own property for heavens sake and both the mother and the baby sitter knew this and should definitely have been watching a 4 YEAR OLD THAT HE DID NOT GO NEAR THE DOG AT ALL. PLEASE SAVE MICKEY.

Fran.

March 26, 2014 12:19 pmPosted 6 months ago
    Anonymous

Good job Mickey supporters! Sounds like he’ll have a great life- fangs removed, neutered, and can never be adopted! will always be in a facility. sounds fun for him.

March 26, 2014 11:49 pmPosted 6 months ago
      Anonymous

At least he gets to live! You’re a dumb ass!

March 26, 2014 7:02 pmPosted 6 months ago
    Anonymous

This poor dog is not responsible. The babysitters is the only one responsible.
    Mickey’ s owner should not get the dog back. He is an abuser. I sort of feel that Mickey maybe better being euthanized because human beings have been so cruel to him so far. Please don’t let him spend his life in a cage. Let him dye, it is better than what he has known so far!!

March 26, 2014 11:42 pmPosted 6 months ago
    Anonymous

So many people hate on a dog because the dog is a Pit Bull and I just do not get it?????? If it was any other breed it looks like it would be ok. All you people please get a life because any dog can be a lovable animal, and any dog can be a killer. So if there is anyone to blame it would be every single person on this earth that treats and makes any dog act the way it acts. Love and responsibility has everything to do with it! So stop hating and get a life and some more education!

March 27, 2014 6:30 pmPosted 5 months ago
      Anonymous

it’s not about him being a pitbull, it’s about a dog that is capable of ripping off half of a boys face. I don’t care what kind of dog he is, if it was a Maltese that did that I would want the dog euthanized.