Airline Employees Abuse Disabled Veteran and His Service Dog

Paws and Stripes founder and disabled veteran Jim Staneck is seeking support from fellow dog lovers after he and his service dog were insulted and assaulted by United Airline employees.

Staneck and his service dog Sarge spent 48 hours stranded in the Dulles Airport after numerous flight cancellations and delays. Wounded in battle, Staneck suffers from a brain injury that makes it difficult for him to concentrate under stress. When he struggled to understand changes to his itinerary an employee at the ticket counter insulted him.

“He said, ‘Just read it’ and I said, ‘Sir I can’t read it,’ and he said, ‘What are you retarded?'” Staneck recalls. “Prior to this I told him I have a brain injury and PTSD, I’m a disabled vet, this is my second night here; I need help.”

To make matters worse, Staneck says Sarge was kicked twice by United employees. He said the second kick was so hard that it sent her flying.

“(He) kicked her so hard on the rib cage, that she flew into my lap… He said he was afraid of dogs,” Staneck said. He and Sarge literally hid in a corner until they were able to board a flight home.

Staneck is asking fellow animal lovers to contact United Airlines and let the company know that our veterans and the dogs they rely on deserve better. He describes the incident in the following video.

0 thoughts on “Airline Employees Abuse Disabled Veteran and His Service Dog”

1. People need to watch this video all the way through!
    I have written to United Airlines, urging them to act to rectify the situation, and included a link to the video. I encourage other to do the same. Be nice, even though the airline employees weren’t!

2. Shame on you United is this the type of employees you hire. I would walk before I would fly in your dam planes. I hope you loose all your business and you know what I hope Jim sues you for every dam plane and penny that you have you deserve to be treated like a bunch of asses.

3. the media shd be brought in & this shd be made a hu u u ge issue!!cz it is! n a lawsuit must! be filed!!

4. This was unbelievable and unforgivable. How dare they treat one of our disabled vets and his service dog in that manner. Something should be done!

5. What a very brave and dignified man. AA should be ashamed of themselves the treatment of this eloquent man is shocking and disgusting!! To the people that kicked his dog, I hope they suffer some horrible illness!!!

• Hey it wasn’t AA it was UA…. AA treats animals very well as does US Airways, Southwest and JetBlue

• AA lost my dog and then proceeded to laugh about it in my face. I would never recommend flying a pet in cargo with them again. They found her two hours later in a freight elevator. Never even offered any apology. I was disgusted with their “customer service”

• WAS NOT AA IT WAS UNITED AIRLINES HOPE NEXT TIME HE FLYIES WITH AMERICAN AIRLINES … THEY TAKE CARE OF OUR MILITARY ..

• AA does not have a good record either. Read the Facebook thread under “Jack the Cat” who died as a result of AA carelessness.

6. This is why you NEVER GIVE AWAY DOGS “FREE TO GOOD HOME!”
    These lowlife, bottom-feeding, scum-sucking filthy antisocial types who enjoy torturing and killing animals (or people, if they can get by with it) thrive on that. Free animals wind up used for dogfigting practice, sold to research labs, neglected horribly, or tortured and killed, like this poor baby. If this woman had lived up to her responsibility to her pet — a lifetime committment, this never would have happened.

• Umm whats wrong with you, I think you have the wrong story..this isnt about giving a dog away its about a service dog and its owner being horribly abused by United Airlines, I suggest you watch the video. UA needs to be sued, I know Americans sue and in this case its justifiable,

7. Good bye UA, u lost a customer for life. How dare you, you should be ashamed. All the people out of work and you have tyrants working for you.