Australian Firefighters Save Puppy Trapped in House Fire

Life With Dogs is reader-supported. We may earn a small commission through products purchased using links on this page.

The fact that Angus, a puppy from Melbourne, Australia, is alive today is just a miracle. The pooch was trapped inside a house fire and firefighters couldn’t get to him until after the fire was under control.

Photo credit: Facebook.com/Melbourne.MBF
Photo credit: Facebook.com/Melbourne.MBF

On Dec. 6, 2015, local fire rescuers received a call about a house fire. The hero rescuers arrived on the property and found an out of control blaze. While working to put out the fire, firefighters learned no person was trapped inside, but Angus, the homeowner’s pet was unaccounted for. Everyone feared the worse.

Firefighters determined the blaze started due to a malfunctioning TV, and once the flames were under control a rescue unit ventured inside the house to locate the pet.

Photo credit: Facebook.com/Melbourne.MBF
Photo credit: Facebook.com/Melbourne.MBF

Angus was hiding underneath a bed and somehow he miraculously survived inhaling heavy smoke. The dog was rushed out of the burning apartment and thanks to the pet oxygen masks firefighters carry, the dog’s life was saved.

Once Angus was stabilized, he was reunited with his worried owner. The dog was later taken to a veterinarian and is expected to make a full recovery.

Leave a Comment