Barking Dog Saves Owners from House Fire

Life With Dogs is reader-supported. We may earn a small commission through products purchased using links on this page.

Mommy, a 5-year-old rat terrier saved the life of her owners when she started barking around 2:30 a.m. on Sept. 26, 2013. Mommy barked because the house was on fire and her owners were asleep. If it wasn’t for the dog, Gabriela Olalde and her husband wouldn’t be alive today.

Mommy the hero dog.
Mommy the hero dog.

The fire happened on the 1500 block of Caldwell Ave in South Dallas. Olalde dialed 911 immediately and her husband attempted to put the fire out on his own, but the house quickly filled with smoke and they had to leave the home.

Fire rescuers arrived on the property shortly after the call and started to fight the fire, but that was when the Olaldes realized Mommy ran back into the house. Luckily, firefighters located the dog and rescued her from the interior of the burning house.

According to statements Dallas Fire-Rescue spokesperson Jason Evans said gave to local news reporters, the fire started when an electrical short ignited a door frame and an exterior wall. The fire then spread and caused heavy damages to the home’s attic and roof.

One fire rescuers reunited the Olaldes with their hero dog, the family was happy to be back together again and alive.

“Stuff I can get stuff again, but not my dog,” said Gabriela Olalde.

 

Dallas News | myFOXdfw.com

 

1 thought on “Barking Dog Saves Owners from House Fire”

Leave a Comment