When a fire broke out in a Texas woman’s home early Saturday morning her smoke detectors didn’t wake her up. Luckily her dog Lolly took their place and woke the woman up, getting her safely out of her home.
The fire broke out around 3 in the morning on Saturday in Tiffany Cunningham’s garage. The fire quickly spread to Cunningham’s home as she was fast asleep and unaware of the danger. Then her one-year-old Maltese mix Lolly started barking and woke Cunningham up. Lolly alerted Cunningham with plenty of time for her to get safely out of the home.
“If I had waited for the smoke detectors to go off, I would have had to break a window, or try to find an alternative route to get out of the house,” said Cunningham.
When firefighters arrived on the scene flames were shooting out of the attic, but thankfully Cunningham and Lolly were safely out.
Cunningham plans to give her hero dog a spa day as a thank you.