Dog reunited with owner after a decade apart

Nicole Banks never thought she’d see her beloved dog Juno again. It had been a decade since she had last seen her dog when Banks got the surprise of her life.

Banks’ former husband had told her that Juno had been hit and killed by a car. She was devastated. “This was my dog,” said Banks. “I was a mess, it was maybe a month before Christmas.” A decade has passed since Banks was told her dog had been killed. Then she got an unexpected phone call.

Someone brought Juno to the Buddy Center in Castle Rock, Colorado. That’s when it was discovered Juno had a microchip with Bank’s information. “I saw that he was micro chipped,” said Andrew Acree, a technician at the Buddy Center. “I saw that he was registered to somebody who was totally different than who had the dog.”

When Banks received a phone call from the Buddy Center informing her they had her dog she almost dropped the phone. “I wasn’t sure if I was awake. I just couldn’t believe it,” said Banks. Juno had never been hit by a car. Banks’ former husband had in fact given Juno away. Now Banks and Juno are reunited and Banks couldn’t be happier, “He’s home for good.”

0 thoughts on “Dog reunited with owner after a decade apart”

1. What I want to know is if this dog had any clue who the hell you are? This dog seems to have been through hell !!!

2. This poor dog has been through A LOT !!!! Did Juno have a clue who this woman is? OF COURSE NOT!!! So he is forced to yet another family and now at this age

• Don’t be so sure of the dog’s lack of recognition. Unless you were there for the full story and the reunion, don’t assume. Dogs have very good memories. The limbic systems in their brains are incredible. The can recognize scents, sounds, faces, touch for their entire lives. I would not be surprised f he bounded to her when he saw her. That the dog just about jumped into her arms!

• Not very smart about dogs, are you? Maybe you just done’t like them? Hell, you could be a friend of the vile ex making excuses for what he did.

Dogs have AMAZING memories. You’d be amazed how often my dogs have recognized people they haven’t seen for YEARS (like my sister and nieces who lived in Atlanta), just as I’ve been recognized by dogs I haven’t seen for years (like the dog THEY had when they moved from here to Atlanta).

Shame on you.

• This is in response to Don O’Connell’s ignorant comments, which I see have now disappeared because of their low rating.

3. Such a sad story, even if she did get Juno back. 10 years of memories were stolen from her. I want hire a thug to handle her ex-husband! It would be easy to find out where he is — court records are public records.

4. Don OConnell….You don’t know dogs at all if you assume he didn’t know her, even after 10 years. I’d bet he was VERY happy to see her!! Dogs have emotions, and intellect more than you seem to understand.

5. Ex husband was such a low life. Giving the dog away was bad enough, but to tell her it was hit by a car & died. What a heartless soul. It’s too bad the her & Juno didn’t get reunited earlier. 10 yrs is a long time. I’m sure she will enjoy what time they have left.

6. So glad that Andrew Acree at the Buddy Center took the time to find that Juno was chipped and he made a call to Juno’s true owner. Blessings abound.

7. What a shitty husband!! Good she got rid of him already! You should never trust anyone who’s not able to care for defensless animals, they probably turn out being bad people!