A stray dog from Tempe, Ariz., stops traffic when it became trapped underneath a light rail train in the crossing near University Drive and Rural Road. Luckily for the pet, police officers were able to rescue the canine before perishing in a tragic accident.
The dog, an eight-year-old German Shepherd/Chow mix named Sparkle, was taken to the Maricopa County Animal Care and Control. Her name pays tribute to Independence Day since she was rescued on July 4th after being spooked by fireworks.
The beautiful stray seemed to be in good health, she was just very scared an appeared extremely shy of human contact. She wasn’t wearing a collar and when scanned for a microchip, none was found.
After her photograph was shown on local news casts, an area resident called Animal Control to confirm that Sparkle in deed was a stray. The animal lover said the pet had been a neighborhood stray for about seven years and many residents had tried to lure her into their cars or homes, attempting to rescue her, but the homeless dog never trusted any of her community care takers who made sure she was always fed.
H.O.M.E (Heaven on My Earth) Animal Rescue, a no kill animal rescue group, stepped forward to rescue, rehabilitate, socialize and re-home Sparkle. The former street dog is not available for adoption yet, but as soon as she is ready, the organization will help her find a loving home where she can spend the rest of her days being loved.
For more information on Sparkle, visit H.O.M.E. Animal Rescue’s website or Facebook page.