Driver Rescues Puppy Tossed Out from Car Window

On June 20, 2014, a small puppy named Roady became homeless when his owners tossed him out a car window on a Boone County, West Virgina, county road. Luckily, another driver on that same road witnessed the cruel act, stopped to rescue the innocent dog, and chased the car from which the pet had been tossed.

Photo Credit: Brittany Gartin/Facebook
Photo Credit: Brittany Gartin/Facebook

That Good Samaritan was Brittany Gartin, and she didn’t stop chasing the vehicle until she was able get the license plate.

The heartless person who discarded Roady was driving a dark color Jeep, and when Gartin got close enough, she snapped a picture of the license plate and posted it on her Facebook page along the dog’s picture.

The Good Samaritan then headed to the nearest vet clinic to get the puppy checked. Fortunately, the small dog didn’t suffer any injuries.

Gartin’s picture went viral and the Boone Animal Rescue Coalition (B.A.R.C.) stepped up to care for Roady.

West Virginia State Troopers went on the hunt for the Jeep. They learned the car was a rental but they were able to get the name of the person responsible for the vehicle at the time of the incident. They are now looking for the animal abuser(s), and once arrested the person(s) will be charged with felony animal cruelty.

For now Roady is loved and cared by B.A.R.C, they hope to find him loving responsible owners soon.

To learn more about B.A.R.C. and Roady, go to facebook.com/BARCWV.

0 thoughts on “Driver Rescues Puppy Tossed Out from Car Window”

1. What a great person you are Brittany for caring enough to save this sweet puppy! I hope the horrible person that did this is caught soon and does jail time.

2. As I said on a previous animal story, people continue to disgust me – in increasing numbers with every story I read, see or hear. A fresh new hell every day from teh canine and feline holocaust!

3. How can anyone be so cruel and heartless. Thank goodness there are people like Brittany for stepping up and first of all saving that darling pup and then hopefully bringing that awful person to justice. The puppy may have a chance in life being with another owner!!

4. Way to go Brittany! Your efforts will lead to a felony conviction for those worthless low-lifes. If it were me there’s no way I’d miss that court date. I’d testify against those dirt-bags then go celebrate with a big steak dinner…and I’d take the leftovers home Roady!

5. Fantastic Brittany!! I would done the same thing. People don’t expect anyone to really try and catch them. So happy the puppy is safe.

6. I really hope the judge gives the abuser(s) the worst penalty allowed. These creepy people need to be stoppped. They are a blemish on the good fabric of people in our nation. Freaks,the lot of them!

7. THESE KIND OF PEOPLE REALLY SHOULD BE TREATED THE SAME WAY! THE DOG LEARNS WHAT YOU TEACH THEM AND THAT MEANS SOME WORK BUT ALL OF IT IS WORTH IT! I HAVE HAD 9 DOGS AND ALL OF THEM WERE GREAT AND THEY ALL HAD DIFFERENT PERSONALITIES! I LOVED EVERYONE OF THEM AND THINK OF THEM OFTEN. MY NEW LITTLE PUPPY IS A YEAR OLD AND JUST A LOVE! HE IS HARDER TO HANDLE BECAUSE I FOUND HIM IN THE ANIMAL SHELTER! SHARON