Fallen Soldier and His Loyal Dog Make Final Journey Together

Bound by fate, Lance Corporal Liam Tasker and his faithful dog Theo have made their final journey home.

Technically, a seizure is responsible for the death of Theo. Consider, however, that he passed away just hours after witnessing the shooting death of his handler and best friend, and you’ll understand why many are openly speculating that he died of a broken heart.

Lance Corporal Liam Tasker, 26,  was killed by small arms fire while he and Theo were on patrol in Helmand province last Tuesday. Just hours after his death, L/Cpl Tasker’s body was flown back to Camp Bastion with Theo at his side. Shortly after arrival a fatal seizure took Theo, and members of the press, animal experts and even some military personnel have openly speculated about broken heart syndrome.

On Thursday, Liam and Theo were flown back to Britain in an extremely emotional repatriation ceremony that celebrated the lives of two fallen heroes.

Life With Dogs post end paw print

11 thoughts on “Fallen Soldier and His Loyal Dog Make Final Journey Together”

1. We all cross our paws in memory of this man and his dog and for the sacrifices they made for others.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

2. From one canine to another,R.I.P Theo and his loving partner Lance Corporal Liam Tasker from (scoot a terrier cross)

3. Shedding tears over their loss. May God grant peace to their families. Theo & Liam will be watching over them from the bridge. Thank you for your service, Liam & Theo, we are in your debt.

4. Heartfelt condolences to the family and friends of Liam. I have no doubt Liam and Theo have been been reunited at Rainbow Bridge, free and healthy. God bless both of them for their bravery.

5. condolences to the family of Lance Corporal Tasker. he and theo will always be in our prayers.

Steve, Myra, Sandy (Queensland mix) Van Hoff

6. Not that it matters, but stress can bring on a seizure in a dog so its possible Theo did die of a seizure. Whether a seizure or broken heart, his death was surely caused by the loss of his best friend, Liam. This story is so very sad but I pray through my tears that Liam and Theo are together..feeling no pain and having fun. My heart goes out to the family, friends and buddies who will miss them so very much.

7. What a very sad story. Owning a dog who has seizures myself I do know that they can be brought on by stress. I’m sure that the stress of seeing his master lying there did have some effect on Theo thus him having his fatal seizure.
    May God Bless them both and may they always be together forever. I am so sorry to his family and loved ones.