Garbage Collector Finds Paralyzed Dog in Garbage Bin

Life With Dogs is reader-supported. We may earn a small commission through products purchased using links on this page.
Photo Credit: Stuart Quinn - News Limited
Photo Credit: Stuart Quinn – News Limited

In Strickland Tce, Sherwood, Australia, a miniature fox terrier was discovered inside a garbage can by a garbage collector. Fortunately, the man made the discovery before emptying the bin in the garbage truck.

The small dog, now named Gyber, was taken to a veterinarian where he was scanned for a microchip but one was not found. The pet was infested with fleas and is paralyzed. Veterinarians believe he is about 3-years-old.

According to a report published in CourierMail.com.au investigators are hoping local residents will step forward with information on this cruel act.

Gyber was found inside a tall metal garbage can and authorities say there is no possibility the dog jumped inside the can on his own. Someone must have placed him in there because Gyber had no way of getting in or out of the can.

“We don’t know how long he was in there as the rubbish is only collected once a week,” said RSPCA Qld Inspector Penny Flaherty.

Gyber is currently under the care of the RSPCA and is being treated at Wacol’s RSPCA Animal Care Campus. An ongoing investigation is still open to find Gyber’s abusers.

4 thoughts on “Garbage Collector Finds Paralyzed Dog in Garbage Bin”

  1. Blessings to the garbage collector who brought the dog to the veterinarian. He’s a life saver and should be commended. 🙂

    Reply

Leave a Comment